- Betygsatt 5 av 5av Firefox-användare 13112025, för 3 år sedan/*
The new Twitter interface (circa 2019) uses auto-generated markup
with obfuscated class names which are not guaranteed to be stable over time.
In order to remove unwanted parts of the UI when they appear,
we use CSS selectors in the stylesheet (content.css) to identify
areas of interest, then apply a short fake animation to them.
one of the areas of interest (`AnimationEvent.target` points to the element matched
by the CSS seletor), then mark the target element or one of its ancestors. This marker
then causes a CSS selector from content.css to match and hide the intended element.
This is a convoluted but viable workaround for missing ancestor selectors in CSS.
I used to use Stylus/Stylish filter to achieve my intentions, which are closely the same as what this addon does. However, since the major change introduced in this spring, my solution no longer works. I looked for a working addon to get the same result, but there seemed to be none.
Then, a few months later, I finally found this addon. This method (quoted above as comment) is brilliant!
- Betygsatt 3 av 5av Firefox-användare 15174618, för 3 år sedanBetter Twitter Had blocked recommendations for Who To Follow. As of today 7/25/2020 Now have on R side "Relevant people" showing instead... No way to block. How do I block this now ? DRIVES ME CRAZY> Hope update to address coming soon. I am running latest versions of FireFox, Twitter and Better Twitter
7/26/20 Update: Deleted and Re-installed , as soon as you click on a Twitter entry to read it more. up pops "Relevant people" to follow again... with no way to remove it or close it out w/o restarting Twitter... FRUSTRATINGTwitter does a lot of A/B testing. I am not seeing the "Relevant people" sidebar to test.
Please try again with the latest version (2.0) of this extension. It changes the way items are detected and perhaps it matches the sidebar element you want to hide.
If not, please file a bug on https://github.com/oslego/better-twitter/issues
- Betygsatt 4 av 5av Firefox-användare 13637415, för 3 år sedanGood extension to hide all the bullshit that doesnt add to anything. One thing though, is there any way to move the "X" to close a picture to the right side? It's probably the thing I hate most about Twitter. I have no idea who thought that having the close button on the left side contrary to 99.9% of programs.
- Betygsatt 5 av 5av Matheus, för 3 år sedanworks with the exception of hide ''trends of you'', which is essential for me to be permanently rid off.
- Betygsatt 2 av 5av Clankern, för 3 år sedanIt doesn't hide "Who to follow" from the profile page, which is essential for me to be permanently rid off.And instead of reporting a bug (https://github.com/oslego/better-twitter/issues), you chose to leave a bad rating?
EDIT: For what it's worth, this issue has been fixed in version 1.4.3
- Betygsatt 5 av 5av Katja, för 3 år sedanWorked like a charm and now I don't have to fall down the rabbit hole of twitter nonsense everytime I go on to share something or reply to actual notifications. Thank you very much for doing this!
- Betygsatt 1 av 5av m3ta-x, för 4 år sedanDoes not work on the new Twitter interface. Too bad, it was nice. The new interface is absolutely disgusting and I don't know if there will be an extention to give us back the previous interface.
EDIT : No fame and No Vanity work. Promoted tweets, Trends, Who To follow, cannot be hidden. Sad.
- Betygsatt 2 av 5av Firefox-användare 14676542, för 4 år sedanUsed to work but has since stopped. :( It helped improve my Twitter experience. I miss it.
Utvecklarens svarpostad för 4 år sedan**Update 10 August 2019: version 1.2 now works with the new Twitter UI**
It didn't stop working. The extension is not built to handle the new Twitter interface (currently being trialed) so it has no effect there. This will get fixed.
In the meantime, if you manually chose the new Twitter interface, clear Twitter cookies and log in again. It will reset the interface to the old Twitter and the extension will work again.
- Betygsatt 5 av 5av Grayson Peddie, för 5 år sedanThis is an extension that I need to block away the "Trends for you" so I won't get into politics and conspiracies with the Presidential candidates for the 2019 election. "Trends for you" in Twitter is a place where misinformation is rampant. That's why I simply want a better Twitter experience for myself.
Also, "who to follow" is not of relevance to me as I simply do not trust their algorithms without a human element. It's akin to a stranger telling me who to follow.
Anyway, thanks for the extension.