- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13735395, 4 года назадUnfortunately, this doesn't seem to do anything. I ended up opening all of my 216 bookmarks simultaneously and that way, all available favicons were loaded. For bookmark ordering, I had to use a different product too, but I like the notion of one extension that satisfies both requirements and will try checkmarks again from time to time, then reevaluate my star rating if checkmarks should suddenly become functional.
O/S is Mint 18.3, running natively as sole O/S on a MacBook Pro 13.3" pre-retina.
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 4 года назадHi, thanks for the feedback. The default setting should load 5 bookmarks in parallel. Does it open all of your bookmarks at once? At the moment direct manipulation of favicons is not supported by the web extension API. That’s why previous favicon reloaders don’t work anymore and I chose to workaround by opening all bookmarks to trigger the native favicon update. What do you mean by ordering bookmarks? Sorting by name?
- Оценено на 1 из 5от mimteatr, 4 года назадIt hangs (freezes) the browser at a certain percentage, tried 3 times and every time I had to end firefox task
through Task Manager, uninstalling it!
Ответ разработчикаопубликовано 4 года назадHi, if it freezes the browser at a certain percentage it might be possible that a certain site causes the crash. Maybe you could provide the content of the browser console (ctrl+shift+j or cmd+shift+j) before the crash or inspect the bookmark where it crashes. Chances are high that the browser crashes without the addon.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13664579, 5 лет назадRenewed all my favicons excepts the one I wanted changing. Functionality is way too limited. Also, coul't find any instructions. Took me a while to figure out what to do with it.Hi, the webextensions api doesn’t support the direct manipulation of favicons. Sometimes corrupt/outdated favicons persist... You can delete favicons.sqlite in your profile folder and run the extension again. The location depends on your operating system: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Navigating_to_the_profile_folder
If you click the question mark next to the play button you will find some explanations.
- Оценено на 1 из 5от psydex, 5 лет назадVery handy but unfortunately it didn't fix my wrong favicons. Maybe if you add option to delete the firefox file that stores the favicons and let firefox create a new one - it would work perfectHi, the webextensions api doesn’t support the direct manipulation of favicons. You can delete favicons.sqlite in your profile folder and run the extension again. The location depends on your operating system: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Navigating_to_the_profile_folder
- Оценено на 1 из 5от Пользователь Firefox 13029084, 5 лет назадWhile the extension appears to do what it says, the resulting list of truncated bookmarks make it impossible to tell which specific bookmarks are being reported (and nothing about where in the bookmark folder structure they are located), the icons are ambiguous on what they mean (e. g., what's the difference between the two styles of arrows?), there is no display of what the errors were (just that errors were encountered), and the link to the support site is the github with the readme that points to the extension in AMO.
Quite simply, as it stands, I can't use this because I don't know just what it did besides visiting sites I had bookmarked, what actions it automatically took after visiting those sites, and I don't know what actions are taken when I click on some of the icons in the results list in the sidebar.Thanks for your feedback. I've added a help section (?-icon) where clickable icons are explained. It seems that you have to adjust the width of your sidebar. Then you should see the titles and symbols which indicate the type of error. If you hover the icons there is a tooltip that describes the meaning of the symbol. Visiting the bookmarks loads its favicons. Please read in my prior response why I choose this workaround.