- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Lance Esgard, a há 2 diasThe Never Consent alone makes this essential, as it just works in a way certain other 'set default cookie settings' addons don't.
Ghostery is the best anti-tracking add-on available and should be used even if you also use a dedicated Adblocker (you can either disable the ad-blocking part of Ghostery, or still keep it on for more comprehensive coverage).
The UI is second-to-none, but when first installing it would help if there is a clearer indication that Ghostery has a Settings menu. There are actually useful options in there to take greater control over what type or specific trackers are and are not allowed, but this can be overlooked if you just do a quick set-up and only press the Extension icon when you need to whitelist a site.
When hovering over the Trust Site, Pause Ghostery and especially Restrict Site, adding a highlight colour or a text glow effect would improve the contrast and accessibility for some users/lighting conditions.
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Pat, a há 6 diasContent-Security-Policy : Les paramètres de la page ont empêché le chargement d’une ressource à eval (« script-src »).
Source: typeof window.utag<"u"&&typeof utag.gdpr...
- Avaliado em 1 de 5por Bernard, a há 8 diasNot compatible with FF 122.0.1
A 'must have' tool with an ensemble of blockers, never fails. Also, never works with the latest FireFox update. I need to enable Ghostery every page, every restart.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Waterfall, a há 17 diasI've been using Ghostery for about 3 years now, really useful to not get flooded by ads.
My father recommended me this to get rid of trackers, wasn't sure about how useful it was to install that kind of extension. Right now I don't feel comfy going on Firefox without my ghostery active.
Couldn't recommend this extension more ! A big thanks for the team :)Many thanks for your review! 💙 We appreciate you taking the time to write it! And a big thanks to your father for recommending it to you in the first place!
We're happy to be of service and help protect your privacy online!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Utilizador do Firefox 18267279, a há 19 diasMarche très bien, de bonnes options, pas relou pour restreindre ou authoriser un site.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Reliable Acorn, a há 21 diasI've used Ghostery for years- and highly recommend it for anyone involved in marketing.
The obvious use-case is to not inflate your clients' data. You know- when you are working with a small-traffic site and your visit is one of only a few. Don't inflate your client's data! Use Ghostery to exclude yourself!
The most valuable use of Ghostery, however, is to see what tracking systems are involved on a website. I use Ghostery as part of my audits- to see what a client is using. Sometimes even they don't know!Many thanks for your review! 💙 We're happy to be of service, help protect your privacy online and provide information to back decision making!
Stay tuned for more visual feedback tools visualizing tracking even better for your clients.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por gwdbi3, a há 22 diasGhostery has been a fantastic extension for ad-blocking as well as monitoring scripts and other items on sites that I visit throughout the course of my day. In my line of work, Growth & Product, it is handy to see how things are performing and identify any issues with 3rd party tools we have on our sites.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Utilizador do Firefox 18003976, a há 23 diasAwhile back I switched from Privacy Badger (the Electronic Frontier Foundation [or EFF]'s extension) to Ghostery after the EFF's own "Cover Your Tracks" website (which tests, among other things, whether or not your browser is leaving a unique "fingerprint" as you browse the web, which is used by data brokers and other businesses to track you via a process known as "fingerprinting."
Companies build a "fingerprint" of your computer/browser combo - even if you've opted out of all forms of tracking and are blocking third-party cookies and/or are using a traditional ad blocking extension - by gathering and analyzing data re: the way your computer's hardware and web browser display data to you as you surf the web. The vast majority of computers - even two that have the same exact hardware spec - can leave a unique fingerprint based on small quirks/differences in the way the hardware in your machine interacts with your network connection and web browser software (i.e. your web browser) interacts with that network connection. Two machines with the exact same hardware may respond to network requests with slightly different cadences, and that gives potential bad actors one key piece of data with which they can start to build a profile on you so that they can track you even when you've done everything you can to maintain your privacy (be that preventing them from leaving tracking cookies on your machine, using a VPN to mask your true location, etc...).
I was stunned to find that after installing Ghostery, my browser *no longer left a unique fingerprint* in the EFF's own "Cover Your Tracks" web test at https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/. Not only does Ghostery help block inline and pop-up ads on the sites I most commonly visit, it even helps prevent browser fingerprinting! I couldn't tell you *how* it does that, but in my experience, the proof is in the pudding, and when the Ghostery extension prevented the EFF's own fingerprinting test from seeing a unique fingerprint coming from my machine (when the EFF's OWN tool designed to prevent that from happening failed!) it's hard not to feel like Ghostery is an essential tool in your privacy toolbox.
I could not recommend Ghostery more. Not only is it 100% free (and OPEN SOURCE, which is huge as it allows independent developers like myself full access to view the extension's code and ensure that the app's developers stay on the straight and narrow), but it does what it says it does incredibly well.
If you (and your family's) online privacy matters to you, get Ghostery, turn it on, and know that you've added one of the best, most effective tools for achieving and maintaining that privacy on an ever-more-invasive web... all for FREE!💙💙 Many thanks for your review and describing your path to Ghostery! We're happy to be of service and help protect your privacy online!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Pritam, a há 23 diasGhostery is the best ad blocker, whether you use its extension or switch to its own hardened browser, it can enhance your privacy and browsing experience. It not only blocks ads, but also prevents data collection and profiling by ad networks. It also has a great feature that automatically responds to cookie privacy prompts, saving me time.
Benefits of using Ghostery:
One of the main benefits of using Ghostery's ad blocker is that it prevents targeted ads from appearing on your screen. This can enhance your privacy and reduce unwanted advertisements.
Ghostery's ad blocker extension can also help you browse faster and save power consumption. It claims to save up to 25% on power consumption and allows for a faster browsing experience.Many thanks for your review! 💙 We're happy to be of service, help protect your privacy online and make your browsing experience seamless!