- por JDF, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5It works but noticeably slows down the browser. about:performance will often ZoomPage using the most energy, comparable to a tab playing a clunky news site java video. (This only happens when you change pages.) I'm on an i7-4700 cpu and 2GB GTX cpu from 2013. I used the add-on for several years, so thanks to the dev.
- por Kirk M, há 3 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5I installed Zoom Page WE when NoSquint stopped working long ago and was never updated. All good so far with one exception. It slows Firefox from loading the Facebook News feed, posts, pages, etc by several seconds (blank page page for 5 to 7 seconds then Facebook finally loads). Disable the extension and Facebook loads almost instantly.
This happens whether the FB page is zoomed (via the extension) greater than 100% or not. It still happens when page zoom is 100%.
Also, Firefox will post a warning banner at the top of the page that states that Zoom Page WE is slowing the loading of the page (Facebook only) with the option of temporarily disabling the extension for the particular page.
NOTE: This does not happen when the extension is disabled and the normal Firefox zoom feature is used (which obviously doesn't have the features that your extension does).
Other sites do not appear to be affected or at least it's not really noticeable.
UPDATE: Response to developer:
You're suggestions fixed the Facebook loading problems. I checked both Minimum Font Size and Dynamic Content. The former was set to 14px (I set it 14px in the beginning) and the latter was checked (don't recall doing so but...). I set Minimum Font size to blank (0px) and unchecked Dynamic Content. This pretty much solved the problem with Facebook. I use either Text Zoom or Full Page Zoom depending on the site in question. Currently I have Text only zoom set for Facebook but the affect is negligible by itself. Thank you very much for your response.
Note: Apparently there's no way in these extension review comments sections to reply to a developer's response or any other person's comment for that matter. In fact, it seems I can only post one comment, my initial review, which is why I'm updating my original review.Are you using Text Zoom or Minimum Font Size? These features require quite a lot of processing, especially on some complex pages. You can avoid most of this processing by disabling the ‘Apply to dynamic content (better but slower)’ option.
- por Raiden, há 3 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5I removed this (what used to be an) extremely useful addon and replaced it with another. This because something happened very recently that made this addon incompatible with Firefox -- introducing a new bug into the system.
Browser Image viewing is now broken for the last few days. This addon creates a conflict with Firefox's image scaling feature when looking at pictures (when the image's URL is directly loaded and displayed). Now when you do that and then simply click on the image in order to zoom on it -- that function no longer works (as long as this addon Zoom Page WE is enabled). The image is not properly enlarged and clicking on the enlarged image can no longer result in moving the image to scroll up (in order to see the upper areas of the image). That is no longer possible. Only the middle and lower parts of the enlarged image come into view. The scrolling is fully defect and parts of the image are permanently hidden/scrolled up and out of the field of view of my Windows laptop.Thanks for replying. Another user who reported this problem has confirmed that it is fixed in version 13.6.
Please can you provide the following information:
• Which version of Firefox are you using?
• Do you have any other zoom-related add-ons installed?
• Please provide a link to a URL where this problem happens.
Please email answers to: email@example.com
- por Tim, há 3 anosAvaliado em 1 de 5Firefox is now broken after update(pages not loading) but after removing this extension it works again? It's a shame because I really like and need this extension because of failing eyesight. Please look into this asap.
I reverted back to an older version and while the pages now load the extension still isn't working.
- por Usuário 12367481 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Something about this 13.5 update has changed things. A few image links I use every day is in Full Zoom mode before I even click it and so far a couple other sites were zoomed in w/o me doing anything so i have to reset the settings. I hope I don't have to do this for every site now. I was going to go back to the older version where it worked but now Firefox doesn't give us the download button for older versions which is real bad. Sometimes being able to go back to the 'working' version is the only fix until the new version issues are resolved.
p.s. I never messed with the pref's before.. I only adjusted the button settings. I understand most of what the Pref's are for but not all. I'll give it a shot.
p.p.s. Not having messed with the pref's before, this so far seemed to work -> I UNchecked the 'Enable fit-to-window' option in the Image Scaling section being you mentioned that in your update notes which was checked by default. At first nothing changed until I finally scrolled to the 'bottom' of the Pref's page & found the Save button [my fault]. I'm assuming that option is checked by default because I never messed with Prefs - Maybe this might help others.. I don't know. If you change anything, I'll remember I changed that option in case it needs to be rechecked again.Version 13.5 fixed a bug in the image scaling functionality and renamed the image scaling options to clarify their meaning.
The default settings for the image scaling options are:
(1) Enable fit-to-window scaling for all images - enabled
(2) Apply fit-to-window scaling when image loaded - disabled
If you change these settings, the changes will be remembered when you install new versions of Zoom Page WE.
Firefox's built-in image scaling allows large images to be shrunk to fit the window size. Zoom Page WE extends image scaling so that small images can be expanded to fit the window size, either by the user clicking on the image or automatically when the image is loaded.
Option (1) enables this extended image scaling functionality. Option (2) automatically expands a small images to fit the window size when the image is loaded. So you probably want Option (1) enabled and Option (2) disabled.
You can download old versions of Zoom Page WE from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/zoom-page-we/versions/
- por Usuário 14632146 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5If your are having problems with viewing webpages then then this is the add-on for you, these options in this add-on should be as standard in Firefox.
- por Usuário 14520337 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I don't get what makes this addon so popular/special.
I can't even exceed the 300% zoom with this one.
- por Usuário 14551937 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Excellent extension. Exactly what I was looking for. Needed easy way to setup window for Gmail, and this made it simple and fast.
Only suggestion might be to have it AUTO-SIZE certain pages. Like when I go back to Gmail, why couldn't it just set it to 133% without me clicking it. To me, the current idea / implementation of his / their Auto-Size just doesn't make sense. But, what I'd do is have the webpage stored and the scaling, then auto-set it when som,eone returns back to *.gmail.com.
That is reason why deducted a star, but I feel guilty for that. Because Developer is topnotch and understands what people need. Might come back and give back the 5th star. Just seems like "something" is missing right now to make it Excellent versus Above-Average.If you enable the 'Apply AutoFit when page loaded or browser resized' setting, then by default AutoFit zoom will be applied to every page. However, if you then change the zoom level for a specific page using the toolbar button popup, that zoom level will always be applied instead of AutoFit zoom whenever visiting that page or pages from the same site. If you later click the 'Reset' zoom button while on that specific page, then AutoFit zoom will be applied by default.
- por Afzal, há 3 anosAvaliado em 1 de 5Some websites don't load at all (if they ever load), with this addon enabled, specifically wrestlinginc.com. It was probably also causing issues with Youtube, in the past it would load extremely slowly (over 1 minute plus hang my 32GB memory pc), although lately it would only hang for 15 or so seconds. I didn't think it could be caused by this addon, till now. I just tried youtube with it disabled, and it loads very quickly with no hanging.
I think something with the way the addon is injecting css/js into the page for controlling zoom on the website not working correctly with whatever the css/js the website is using.
My Frefox memory with only the above website homepage loaded with the addon disabled is under 600MB. With the addon enabled, I had to kill the process after it using eating over 2GB of memory, and still hadn't loaded the homepage. Its the same problem with other pages on the website.
- por Marsu42, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Great addon, but (as of v13) desperately needs better per-site handling.
There's some obscure "per site" data, but it cannot be viewed but only be cleared all at once.
With auto-zoom enabled, the extensions interferes with site loading sometimes and consumes a lot of resources. That's why it needs a basic blacklist/whitelist/edit/import/export functionality should be added like most other addons already feature.
- por Robert Phair, há 3 anosAvaliado em 5 de 5I was afraid to move from Firefox ESR for a year because the old "Zoom Page" was one of my favourite extensions. Via email support the developer personally helped my configure the behaviour of the new extension exactly as the old one (particularly with respect to image scaling), with a couple of prompt, attentive and well-written messages. I wish my some of my professional providers would give such quality and support as I've gotten from this free extension.
- por Usuário 13375418 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 4 de 5Agree with user ASM59.
"Great extension! Unfortunately, the zoom factor on 'moz-extension:' pages is no longer stored since v13.1. Therefore 1 star reduction."