- Avaliado em 2 de 5por magiclantern, há 21 diasBeware most 5 star reviews for this extension appear to be fake. This extension (at least on macOS) requires additional software to be installed to work, and even if you've already done that it works poorly.
There is probably a better downloader out there - not sure which though.
It did download something from Vimeo which is what I needed, but after running for over an hour, still had not generated a video file in my chosen output directory. Source video was less than 1 hour long.
I discovered that it downloaded a video mp4 and an audio mp4 and was attempting to combine them. After running for almost an hour, it had produced a 12 minute video with a very large QR code taking up about 1/8 of the upper right of the screen.
I killed that process and just ran `ffmpeg -i tmpvideofile.mp4 -i tmpaudiofile.mp4 -c copy mycombinedfile.mp4` and it completed in about 10 seconds.
So in short, this *will* download something for you, but you're better off doing the combining on your own.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Usuário 17502667 do Firefox, há 23 diasIba a poner 5 estrellas porque de verdad era muy bueno, pero no sé qué pasó ultimamente que graba los videos como sea, imágenes pasan a velocidad y no corresponden al audio
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por EsZett, há 2 mesesLangsam, ein zusätzliches Programm ist notwendig und dann noch ein hässlicher QR-Code im Video. Früher mal top, jetzt flop :(
P.S. die zusätzliche Software lässt sich nicht rückstandslos deinstallieren
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Stylu, há 3 mesesI use to love it - still do but apparently I noticde that it is slowing down everything in my browser. Every player from Reddit, Facebook and other websites except youtube gets slowed down and it takes forever to get to HD quality. So I have to disable it until I need to download something again.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Zabadoh, há 3 mesesAnnoying.
First of all installation: It requires a "helper program" to be downloaded and installed to your PC separately.
Then the plugin downloads the video, but spends your CPU cycles to add an annoying QR code for the developer to the downloaded video, adding BOTH delay AND annoyance to the download process.
If I wanted a QR code added to the video that I want to save, then I would ask for it.
Useless and annoying. Don't bother installing this
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Matthieu, há 3 mesesthe QR code hard coded on every recorded video is too big and too annoying. Asking 20 bucks for such a small software which uses open source libraries to convert video is way above legitimate.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Usuário 17407360 do Firefox, há 3 mesesFor many months I used this extension to download videos smoothly and efficiently from any website. But now this tool is not working properly for unknown reason. My browser is Firefox on Windows 11 and the same laptop, which is MS Surface Book 2. Any explanation or solution would be much appreciated.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por David Davidson, há 4 mesesUsed to get the job done satisfying, but not anymore. The video lags when I click around now and the quality is subpar. Much worse than before, and I assume it's intentional. What a shame
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Usuário 16035516 do Firefox, há 5 mesesWorked great in the past, save some strangeness a few versions back with live streams. Now Ubuntu has dropped support for the deb package for Firefox, and the Companion App refuses to work with either Snap or Flatpak installations.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por KirkH420, há 5 mesesIt probably does what it claims it can do and it's nice that it's reviewed by Mozilla. However, it can't provide the basic service that it claims that it's designed for, unless the user installs additional software and in my opinion, it's kinda shady that they didn't mention this on their add-on info page. So I removed it without trying further actions.
Should definitely be up front regarding additional required dependencies. Especially when most of the other similar add-ons do mention it. It's almost like, they're hoping to catch a few extra downloads from people who're looking to avoid the additional "helper" executable.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Jim, há 5 mesesUsed to work fine. Now it needs fixed! Keeps demanding some stinking companion app.
If the thing doesn't work, fix it. Should not have to have a special "app" installed for it to work.
Looking for something better.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por wytrzeszcz, há 7 meses+ It does what it supposue to do rather well, handy if youtube-dl can't go deep enough
- Boi does it mine or something, when not use it ate my whole ram and cpu power.
- Avaliado em 2 de 5por Heavy Cruiser, há 7 mesesI've used this app for years and have been very satisfied with it. However, it appears youtube, vimeo and many other sites have figured out how to "break" it. Now, if it downloads at all, it gets hung on "aggregating" for an hour or more. Sadly, this add on is no longer very functional, it's hit or miss if it's going to work,so I cannot recommend it.