- por Usuário 14619734 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5This is a good extension for downloading a video but sometimes all it takes is the video without the included sounds and it is kinda suck. I did installed the latest version and all necessary related files but still have problem with the issue I encountered.
- por Usuário 14616646 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5In early 2018 Ant Video Downloader worked great 90% of the time, even on obscure sites.
Currently (Feb 2019) about 50% of videos can be downloaded. This occurs even on the same website, ie Youtube some can be downloaded others cant, and happens a lot with more obscure sites.
Also note that VLC media player is often needed to play the formats the videos are downloaded as.
- por Usuário 14461053 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5Latest version 4.0.12 will not download files due to scoring if you have the native application installed on your PC too. Works fine if you uninstall it.
- por Tiago Valente, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I don't know if I should install the native app, might be spyware in it...Please note that Native Application is only contain configuration files and required dependency libraries for streaming video support. You can check installer with any anti-malware soft to make sure it is totally safe.
- por Usuário 13977907 do Firefox, há 3 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5will download ok but how can i then transfer it onto a flash stick or move it to another folder ???By default all downloaded files will be saved to "Ant Videos" folder in your system "Downloads" directory.
You can change this path at AVD tab under the Downloads section same as path to temporary files.
- por Usuário 13844620 do Firefox, há 4 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5GREAT EXTENSION!!! Until Quantum Garbage killed everything. Goodbye Firefox.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 4 anosWe continue to work on migration AVD to a new Firefox.
You still can install old AVD version in Firefox 56 and below from Mozilla website here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloader-player/versions/
- por Usuário 13608920 do Firefox, há 4 anosAvaliado em 3 de 5I have to agree with most people, before Firefox v.57, this add-on was absolutely amazing. I rarely had any problem with it, and I could always find a work-around if the video I was looking for wasn't able to be downloaded on this add-on. I just had to use another mirror and that's it.
Since Firefox v.57, well, it got knocked-out pretty hard.
It's still managable, but the UI is not as appealing then before. It's hard to figure out which link is what, I happened to download 3 ads instead of the video I wanted... the easiest solution is just download every link and remove the wrong video afterwards, which is kind of not efficient, but it still works. Nevertheless, it's annoying and disappointing. I know you are currently working on making it availiable on other popular browser and you're trying to make some hotfix but Firefox is being a meanie with you and all.
I won't be as harsh as other people because this add-on still work! It's a bit more of a task management... but it works.
If you manage to rebuild the AVD into what it was before, it would deserve it's 5 stars and beyond, until then, I can only afford 3.
You probably already thought this through but maybe starting from scratch? Sometimes it helps.
Best luck for you, hopefully it will rain down 5 stars on this add-on in a near future.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 4 anosThank you for your report!
Unfortunately old AVD version is not supported by Firefox 57 and beyond anymore, thats why new AVD 3.0 was completely made from scratch and still need a lot of fixes.
At the moment our main task is to return a support of as many types of streaming video as possible.
Design is the easiest issue here and we will rebuilt it after few successful AVD 3.0 releases
Our developer will be grateful for direct links with any detection problem to our support here: https://support.ant.com/hc/en-us/requests/new