- Avaliado em 5 de 5por ЯромиR, há 6 mesesI do also immediately UPDATE my RATING to 5 billion STARS and my review!
This is THE BEST DEVELOPER with his IMMEDIATE reaction to NoScript users ask!
What a BRILLIANT MAN!!!
And ALSO the LATEST UPDATE (-:
Now it has even a DARK VIEW mode, what is so helpful for sensitive eyes!
MANY BIG THANKS, dear Giorgio!
(and my apologies for my previous review's complaint, if I just haven't noticed new options were available)
The UGLIEST "update" through the whole existence of PREVIOUSLY excellent ad-on )-:
JUST BRING BACK our beloved NORMAL LOOK of this extension!!!
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por Usuário 12748548 do Firefox, há 6 mesesI've used this add-on for years. It was one of the best extensions ever -- thank you developer, for all your hard work! Unfortunately, the new update is awful. It looks horrible, and it seems to be breaking all kinds of websites and frequently does not allow adjustments when clicking on 'Options' or anything anymore. It's just ugly and useless now. Please put it back to the way it was!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 14009198 do Firefox, há 6 mesesThank you for all the work on this valuable extension, which I have appreciated for years. For this 5 stars.
But the new user interface is unfortunately so repulsive and terrible that I have to reduce to 1 star!!
This is the worst user interface I have ever had to see on a PC. Have only been using PCs since 1984!
My URGENT recommendation is to completely rethink it again and change it to a reasonable level in a near future.
Wow, great job again. Thanks for the update. Works great. Therefore 5 stars !
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Plum, há 6 mesesI want to update my review. They have pushed an update with the option to revert to the old theme. Thank you!
I've been using this addon for years. It's a great addon, but the new UI update was unexpected, jarring, and for a moment made me think I had been hijacked by something. While I appreciate the attempt at a dark theme (more things need dark themes), I feel it could use some work still. The new UI feels unprofessional, enough so that I had to come here to see the reviews to see if it was legit. I am giving 5 stars as I've been an avid user, and until this UI change, it's been consistently one of my favorite and most used addons.
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por fearless , há 6 mesesCant access local lan addresses for router or other wifi products using any 192.168.1.x address - new update completely blocks. Doesnt seem to be a way to disable the https only thing as well, not sure if they are related. Had to disable NoScript to get access to my router and local wifi power plug extensions. Hopefully this can be fixed in a new update soon. Also the change of UI is a lot darker and harder to read compared with the older UI. Perhaps that can be taken into account when any new updates are released. For now I will leave it disabled.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por James, há 6 mesesWorks perfectly, been using it for years -- Would be 5 stars, but this latest update included a GUI update that clearly has not been tested and is not ADA compliant. If there was a way to downgrade to a prior version or any real alternative to NoScript, I would in a heartbeat solely because of this GUI update.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por malau, há 6 mesesOMG, did Giorgio just change the theme of the addon ? I thought I had got a virus ! Is there any way to switch it to the original skin ? I really don't like the new one.
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por sebt27, há 6 mesesThe dropdown menu in the new version 11.4 has a hideous, huge, Fisher-Price appearance with rounded corners. A developer is replying to these reviews suggesting one of the 11.4.1RCs - but there is no way to download these from the site linked to.
I've just reverted to 11.3.7, available from this site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/noscript/versions/
Then, in Firefox Settings/Add-ons, I switched off automatic updates.
I don't know whether one of the 11.4.1 RCs offers a real option to keep the original appearance, because I can't find them anywhere. Please add this feature into future releases, because the new UI is horrible. I haven't even tried it on some of the e-commerce/newspaper sites where the menu might have 20+ sites listed - would they even fit on my screen?There's a big link there pointing to https://secure.informaction.com/download/betas/noscript-11.4.1rc3.xpi.
Disabling automatic updates is not advisable for obvious reasons.
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por TheAndrey, há 6 mesesI didn't like the new boring gray design. Bring back the old legendary icon! I liked the malicious script better.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 13107012 do Firefox, há 6 mesesEdit:
Since the new update, it's now possible to choose between the Vintage Blue and the new theme, so many thanks for making that an option!
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Felipe999, há 6 meses[UPDATE: Thanks for the quick reply, will try it] The new design looks plain bad, like it was drawn by an 8yo
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por Usuário 14804265 do Firefox, há 6 mesesEffectivement la nouvelle interface n'est pas très jolie et trop grosse, mais surtout depuis la mise à jour j'ai des bugs (images disparaissent ou impossible d'être affichées sur des sites tels que Rakuten même quand je désactive pour cette page), Amazon aussi.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 16947347 do Firefox, há 6 mesesNew UI is not good. Color contrast for both modes is not appealing. Everything bleeds together in dark mode. Light mode is slightly better. I'm ok with the increase in size.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Pitt, há 6 mesesGreat add-on! I do not remember how many years I use it in all my browsers (home & work), must be more than a decade. Today I clicked on the icon and I got scared! I thought my ff was scr#w@d. I was staring at it for several seconds trying to find the "trusted" button!
Dear Giorgio, please either revert it to the previous simple & nice interface, or give us the option to do it.
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Frost, há 6 mesesThe new UI and gray on red colour scheme isn't very appealing unfortunately and makes it more difficult to find the options I'm usually used to clicking with ease.
I would appreciate at least an option to go back to the old scheme if nothing else--otherwise it's quite miserable to use.
Edit: To their credit, the dev has been super fast to offer up an option as requested, so I'm amending my review to reflect. Thanks!
- Avaliado em 5 de 5por Usuário 17339584 do Firefox, há 6 mesesGood Add-on to block unnecessary spy-scripts. However, the redesign doesn't fit my needs/taste. It should be possible to reduce the size of the popup, it's too big now.
Edit: Style can be changed now. Thanks to the developers for the quick update!
- Avaliado em 3 de 5por TTTony, há 6 mesesThe new re-skin is atrocious. Not sure why anyone thought it was a good idea to change the UI to a big, ugly, bubble-style(?) look. It's seriously hideous and like 30% larger than what it was previously for no good reason. The logos were also changed to mimic this style and I can't imagine why they thought it was an enhancement over how it looked previously. It looks flat out unprofessional. I guess it's finally time to move over to uBlock.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Mindstyler, há 6 mesesThe strive for a dark theme is very nice, but please, make the dark theme less aggressive or let people choose another less aggressive version. The bright white text on pure black background stings in the eyes and bleeds together. At least turn down the whiteness of the text and make it more ligh-gray-ish.