- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Usuário 15930114 do Firefox, há um anoPlease understand what this extension does, and what it does not do.
It does not: SPOOF your IP address. Hundreds of VPN solutions already do that today.
It does: Change how your browser reports your current location based on the computer's understanding of your location. This can be based on a GPS chip, a wifi-location service, and other things including your date/time settings.
This extension was hard to use, but it does work. Here are some tips:
1) If you are on mac, clicking "Allow" when a page requests your location is NOT all you have to do! And firefox did not warn me. You need to go into the system preferences and TURN ON location services for that application. Bad on firefox for not letting us know it is blocked. Instead, after clicking "allow" the extension reports "User denied access to location". Such BS.
2) The extension icon, mentioned as being "green" in the documentation, just does not exist. The only way to get at the controls is through the dialog that pops up when you add the location guard plugin. As a workaround, you can save the extension's URL to access the prefs: moz-extension://e87208ff-5495-274e-aaf9-bdc1f972d413/options.html That is REALLY annoying.
This application is written by security researchers who did a pretty good job by creating this for a simple presentation. As the browsers update themselves it is hard to keep these things working. This one is still working today (7/23/2021) with the caveats above. It's hard for them to stay motivated of course when every mom and pop and would-be techno-nerd who doesn't really know what he's doing is throwing shade at the guys. Personally I hope they will keep it up to date but you can help them out on github with pull requests. Here are the known issues. Nothing to stop folks from helping out. https://github.com/chatziko/location-guard/issues
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Kundra, há 2 anosWorks as expected, but I am weary of what data it collects from Firefox users.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 2 anosThanks for your review. Location Guard collects __absolutely__ no user data whatsoever. Its code is open source so anyone can easily audit it to verify this. Moreover, location guard is the result of academic research, it is not monetized in any way.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por rjhughes, há 3 anosWhile I love this extension on Google Chrome, the icon for the Firefox extension seems to have disappeared. Resetting firefox doesn't seem to work, and as a result the extension can never do its job on Firefox.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 3 anosThanks for the feedback. Is this issue the same as the one repored here?
Can you please provide information in the github page to reproduce this problem?
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por wolfesf, há 4 anosGreat add-on for live streaming. A litle tricky to use 'til you understand it's quirks but does exactly what's supposed to do. - After reading some of the the other reviews I thought it may be helpful to mention , I'm using this app on FF 62.o.3 with a vpn service and privacy badger. Merci, for this great privacy app.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Usuário 13993105 do Firefox, há 4 anosLove the app. I would only like to see a couple minor changes. It would be great if you could put in multiple fixed locations and save them as a list. This way you could switch if needed quickly and easily rather than manually zooming in and out and clicking on the map. The rest of the app features are quite well thought out.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Usuário 13486581 do Firefox, há 5 anosThe permissions this app require can... Read carefully what permissions this plugin can access:
Access your data for all websites:
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
Extensions requesting this permission might:
Read product and price information from a page to help find you the best price on items you're shopping for
Offer a password manager that reads and writes details of your username and password
Provide an ad blocker by reading the content of each web page you open to find and remove ad code
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 5 anosHello,
This does not mean that Location Guard reads your data. The extension is open source and reviewed by Mozilla, any malicious behaviour would be easily detected.
Note that the "Access your data for all websites" is standard for most addons, it's hard to do anything without it. Ghostery, for instance, is one of the most well known addons for privacy and does use it. Same for uBlock, AdBlock Plus, etc.
- Avaliado em 4 de 5por Usuário 13563684 do Firefox, há 5 anosIs there an option to make the fake geo-location match the IP address location? Some website marks your ip address if both locations are too far off.
Resposta do desenvolvedorpublicado há 5 anosNot automatically, but you can use the "Fixed Location" mode, and set it to any location in your country in the options page.
Also feel free to suggest new features here: