- Zimba 님, 2일 전5점 만점에 4점I find it is an improvement from the last few versions. Maybe I am lucky, didn't get the memory leaks etc. On the functionality, I would like to get the link again on each download to the temp folder. I often see that a download is running too fast, and then when I check the temp folder for that specific file, it shows only 1kb segments. Then I need to reload the page and fresh. It is cumbersome to get to the temp folders. Previous it was quick and easy. Also please check on the time out settings. I live in a rural area and often have hickups on the internet connection, causing the download to time out. Then have to start fresh as there is no resume option. When Ant detects a file as segments to download, it take a very long time to download only a few mb. When I have the option to download through browser and download as mb's, it is much faster. Why is the segments so slow. Please find a way to speed that up. I only have a 4g connection and most of the time only get about 200kb/sec. So these extra limitations are quite frustrating. I also often get the download running almost all the way through and then says unsuccessfull due to 0kb files.Also a new thing is when selecting to download through browser, which is the much faster option for me, then it downloads halfway through and then suddenly says finished, though only half the file was downloaded.
개발자 답글2일 전에 게시됨Many thanks for your report and ratings!
We will forward all your suggestions to our developers.
Problems with downloading are may be particular website related and we could provide more detailed report only with the link to the video and error decryption.
Please provide more details as links and any error messages to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Jose Hidalgo 님, 4일 전5점 만점에 4점Does the job perfectly ! Lately I've had some stability issues between the extension and Firefox (Firefox becoming a CPU and RAM hog). I have described those issues in Ticket#647948. They have required at least 3 reinstalls to get everything back on track, at least for a couple of days. It doesn't seem 100% stable at the moment, but at least it works again. :)
개발자 답글4일 전에 게시됨We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with the update.
We're struggling to obtain more information from users.
Please contact with details about your problem to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Passie 님, 11일 전5점 만점에 4점Normally this is a great tool, but i had to disable it for now as it builds up all my 16gb ram.Next to that it increases the pagefile.sys file to 40 gb in my case. Was losing disk space so searched for the biggest file and detected it.
Been using the tool for a while always worked well untill that new update where you get to see all running files.
SO if you fixed the ram problem then check your pagefile.sys as the bug can have taken many GB away from your hard disk.
Then search how can i change the size of pagefile.sys and put it back to normal size. Restart and you have your disc space back again.
Its a lovely tool but i leave it disabled for now on the fox and use it in another browser when i need it. Hope it all be fixed in a month when a new update is there and then i'll give it another try.
But this is a real bad bug as pagefile.sys took all my ssd space had 0 bytes left.
I had to remove an old film to get space. Don't think it be wise to restart while only having 0 bytes memory left as then your windows may not even want to start up again. So remove a movie to usb stick to make room before rebooting !!
Ran "top100files" portable to see the biggest files on my computer, is a free tool. Then you do not have to make your system files visible, but can see in the portable tool if your pagefile.sys has a huge size or not.
Then you find pagefile.sys 40 plus GB
Fixed size back, started fox and even on startpage ram started building to max and pagefile.sys grew again.
Turned off all extensions then turned em on one by one and saw ANT was causing it.
So you probably lost disc space as well without noticing, so now you know how to fix that problem as well.
🟢 Here the free tool to see if your pagefile.sys is huge
How to find the largest files?
🟢 Here how to regain your disk space
Step by step how to put pagefile.sys to normal size
Why Is My Pagefile.sys So Huge?
- Firefox user 14141866 님, 12일 전5점 만점에 4점UPDATE 2: It is definitely re-occuring every couple of reboots for me. It is very evident at browser start. It is likely there is some database issue or history issue with the recent version that is instantly fixed if you just wipe and reset.
UPDATE: The problem occured again a few days after reinstall. Repeated steps and now on Build 4.1.2 Build 2 (Jan 11 2022) to see if the problem occurs again but it is working fine again. ffprobe.exe was not the cause of the high system resource useage, it was just firefox.exe according to Process Explorer.
Like everyone, I had a problem with this addon recently causing browser wide issues.
I can't even access the addon menu to remove it either. I disabled it for a few days and then fixed it today.
Follow these steps as explained by the dev and it should reset it for you back to working condition:
1) Uninstall addon from extensions.
2) Reinstall addon.
3) Click on the ANT icon in the toolbar, select "settings" link.
4) In the ANT's settings tab, go to "Reset".
5) Click "Wipe Out and Reset".
6) Restart browser, reinstall the native AVD app if necessary.
I hope the devs in the future can do more testing to prevent legacy extension data from a previous version from crippling the entire browser.
Cheers and thanks for the addon.
개발자 답글11일 전에 게시됨Other people reported today that even when their issue is resolved, in a few hours it may get back again.
If you encounter the issue with RAM usage again, check if there is a child process called ffprobe.exe running and consuming CPU and virtual memory.
Don't use default task manager for reviewing process, use Process Explorer from Microsoft (former Systinternals):
It provides a much better view of system processes.
If you see ffprobe.exe hanging under firefox.exe and consuming resources, kill it and then go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Ant.com\Ant Video downloader and delete ffprobe.exe
You will have MPEG-DASH protocol disabled in AVD but there will be no more RAM issues.
- Lempereur 님, 한 달 전5점 만점에 4점Really good downloader; however, after the latest update seems there's no longer any way to clear the download list? UPDATE TO DEVELOPER RESPONSE: Uh, no, it doesn't.
- Edoardo 님, 한 달 전5점 만점에 4점Awesome app, but recently it's stopped to work and can't download vids, when splitted in segments. Error: libcurl failed to fetch media segment , libcurl error code 23. Hope it's usefull, so next update can fix this issue
- hurri 님, 3달 전5점 만점에 4점Read certain reviewers said the app works with pretty much every website "even the ones with encrypted stream." Trying to figure out how to get video from https://www.iq.com/
here is an episode from the website
개발자 답글3달 전에 게시됨Thank you for your report.
We have tested the video by your link and confirm the problem with detection. Your ticket has been forwarded to our developers to clarify the type of issue and prepare a fix for nearest release.
- mart 님, 7달 전5점 만점에 4점Its good and fast. However can you enable selecting save location in all modes, not just private browsing ?
개발자 답글7달 전에 게시됨Thank you for your report and ratings!
Your report has been forwarded to the AVD developers team with a new feature request.
Meanwhile, please note that all types of streams with a gray icon can be downloaded through the browser, with a further selection of the download path using the appropriate option in the AVD pop-up gear wheel menu.
- DestrockQc 님, 일 년 전5점 만점에 4점Too often the file titles start with the resolution (like 1920x1080 how to make a review 101.mp4) and there is always many downloads possible, we have to check and pick the biggest file to download (not the files with just a couple kb of size) this is very annoying, except that it work nicely.Thank you for your report!
Resolution was added by the users requests to distinguish the video with similar title. In further versions we will made this feature optional.
Please contact to our support with the link to the video with annoying detections so we could add a rule to remove it if possible: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Firefox user 15383177 님, 일 년 전5점 만점에 4점By installing the additional program, it is indeed possible to record movies. Without the additional program, it is impossible.
First downside: Since December 19, 2020, films have been recorded without the duration information, or rather 00:00:00, which is a problem for playback from a disc on the server on the livebox.
Second downside: since the last update you forced us to do, it is impossible to record movies on some sites like http://gopzay.com or http://evdod.com or http: // kempox .com / or http://piopar.com/
And this on my 4 PCs. So I will say:
Worked great before December 19, 2020 and hasn't worked at all since the last Update in 2021.Thank you for your report!
Please provide us with more details about the video duration problem so we could investigate it and prepare a fix.
Please contact with the link to the problem video to our support here: https://www.ant.com/support_form
- Firefox user 13107061 님, 일 년 전5점 만점에 4점I tried many video downloaders. This is the most reliable and works on all websites I tried.
One thing I don't like: it seems to share the settings for all firefox-profiles on this computer. It should allow different setups (download directories etc) for each profile.
- Izheil 님, 일 년 전5점 만점에 4점The extension works pretty good where many other video downloaders fail (and it's free, unlike others for the same functionability!), so it's highly recommendable.
The things I liked most were that it supports most sites (even streaming sites), and it even allows you to only download the video or the audio parts of the video (it might download it as a weird extension for audio sometimes, but you can just change it to opus and edit it with audacity or other audio editor to get the right file format).
It also will tell you the resolution of the video of the site you are in (when there is one, of course), but it will fetch it only once you are actually playing the video in that resolution.
There were just 2 things that I missed compared to other video downloaders tho...
- Being able to change the name of the video before or after downloading it (You can't choose the name of the video you download, it gets pre-fetched from the site)
- Queueing downloads. You might want to download a few videos in a row some time... and you'd usually not want to have more than 2-3 videos downloading at the same time (AVD just adds each video you choose to download to the downloads list and starts right away, without any option to limit the amount of downloads at a time and download the rest once one download finished).
- Firefox user 16380431 님, 일 년 전5점 만점에 4점Great extension, but don't know why, downloaded video watching on TV, audio and picture is OUTER-SYNC, ONLY video format 1920 X 1080 is exempted; But this issue didn't happen on youtube.