- 5 段階中 4 の評価zedux によるレビュー (3年前)The reader is probably the best for Firefox, but it didn´t identify the encoding of a page and the characters became messed. For example: http://www.planalto.gov.br/CCIVIL_03/_Ato2019-2022/2019/Decreto/D10024.htm
開発者の返信投稿日時: 3年前Thank you for the review and the sample URL which is not processed properly. A fix for this specific URL is available now in the latest released version, 3.0.12. Please do let me know if you run into any other problems and I will try to address them.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Firefox ユーザー 15248524 によるレビュー (3年前)This is the best! After using this its just no possible to read pages without tranqulity reader, because this removes all crap and focus on what you want to read instead.
Love the options in the lower corner! Just click and it will present you with more links, offline reading, save and read later.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Firefox ユーザー 15191256 によるレビュー (3年前)I cant get the same experience using reader mode in Firefox as i get with Tranquility Reader.
This is really a GREAT extension. Im reading a lot on the web, and using Tranquility Reader gives me a totally new and much improved experience reading and also save content for offline reading, customizing font. font color and so on.
Thank you so very much for creating Tranquility Reader!
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Firefox ユーザー 14594428 によるレビュー (4年前)This add-on has been great. My one concern is that I am unable to change the font using an Android phone and tablet. I've been trying to change the used font from the default to Times New Roman. The changes take effect on the desktop-based add-ons, but my one reservation is Android. Overall, amazing app.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価LostPacket によるレビュー (4年前)2019-01-11 Original 4-star review:
Excellent add-on, but I am seeing a slight problem with Win7/SP1/x64 & FF64. When I click on the icon to go into the Tranquility mode, just before the mode is switched, the original page zoom gets reset to 100%. Naturally, when I close the Tranquility mode and go back to the original page, my preferred custom zoom factor is now 100%. I am not using any zoom-control add-ons - just the built-in/stock functionality of Firefox.
The zoom problem makes this extension completely unusable for me. The problem has not been fixed, and the developer has not commented on my bug report, so I am lowering my rating accordingly.
Firstly, thank you for your response and explanations.
Secondly, I have found a workaround for the zoom problem. Essentially, zoom can be successfully restored by the extension "Zoom for Firefox" by Stefan vd. The latter's Zoom Engine must be set to "Use the built-in browser zoom", and some non-default zoom level must be in effect. I am therefore re-adjusting my rating.
BTW, maybe something useful could be gleaned from the code of add-ons "Zoom for Firefox", "Zoom Page WE", or "Custom Page Zoom". But like you said, maybe the code is too complicated to carry over.
Thank you once again!
I have just noticed that the new Tranquility version no longer resets the zoom level. Thank you for your workaround - and for keeping me (well, all users, of course) updated on this matter. This must be the longest back-and-forth exchange done in a review! :-) I have adjusted my rating back to 5 stars. Thank you once again for your excellent add-on!
開発者の返信投稿日時: 3年前Thank you for the review and the updated comments. When this was a legacy addon, I was able to add zoom support. However, when we moved to webextensions, I was unable to restore the original zoom settings. This is more likely because of my own limited understanding of how to do this in webextensions. I will revisit this problem and see if I can find a solution.
Mozilla has refused to implement webextensions API's that can support custom zoom restoration without the extension developers having to write a lot of complicated code. Please refer: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1588580
Version 3.0.21 (available from August 31, 2020) tries to address this through a work-aorund. I scale the font size based on the zoom percentage rather than reset the zoom to 1 before applying the extension specified font size.
There may be a slight difference in the font size of zoomed pages (+/- 1 px; compared to the extension customized font size) due to rounding.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価John Wayne Goodin によるレビュー (4年前)So far it works fairly well. I’m using the older 2.0 version under Firefox Portable Legacy so I can use the older extensions. The only feature I would like is to be able to load the Tranquility Reader page in a new tab or at least be able to get back to the original page via clicking back in the browser.