- gpm によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 5 の評価This add-on does exactly what I was looking for.
Kind of shame on Mozilla to have an add-on needed for that, it should be built in and configurable by the user.
The default behavior (activate right tab after closing current) is just nonsense and bothered me much.
I'm glad I've found this, thank you!
- Firefox ユーザー 14295439 によるレビュー (3年前)5 段階中 5 の評価This addon lets you correct one of Firefox's bigger usability problems: the unpredictability of which tab will be selected when you close a tab. It also does so with the minimum necessary permissions, which in an age of spying browser addons is something to appreciate.
Firefox keeps some internal info about which tabs are 'children' of 'parent' tabs, and depending whether you have clicked around in the tab bar or not, may choose to activate some 'peer' of the closing tab rather than one adjacent to the closing tab. But this information is not communicated to the user at all, the tab bar appears to be just a list of tabs! I'm fairly technically literate and I find this behaviour stunningly confusing, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to less technical users. I'm not even sure that this description of how it works is 100% right, and I've spent some time looking into it!
In my opinion, Firefox's closing order for tabs without parent-child relationships (selecting the tab to the right) is also wrong. When you open a new tab, it is opened on the right. It only makes sense that closing a tab would select the tab to the left, taking you back toward where you began. The fault doesn't lie entirely with Firefox though, this is also Chrome's behaviour, and the Firefox team must feel much pressure to keep their interface consistent with the competition to make switching easy.
But I digress. These are small user interface issues, but minor details like this can have major impact on the user experience. Kudos to the author for making this extension.
The only flaw is that, when configured to select the tab to the left, there is a brief flash where the tab to the right is selected before switching to the tab to the left. I presume that this is due to a limitation of the current extension API, where the extension reacts to the tab closed event after the tab is gone and Firefox has already made its default next tab selection, and that nothing can be done to fix it. Unfortunate, but not a deal breaker!
Users who care about tab opening behaviour are also encouraged to check out an about:config option added in Firefox 60, which positions new tabs to the right of the opening tab (instead of to the right of the current peer tabs, or at the end of the tab strip entirely):
browser.tabs.insertAfterCurrent = true
- ak47wong によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Great extension, thanks! We're slowly clawing back some of the functionality we used to enjoy in the pre-FF57 Tab Mix Plus.
I love that you can use shortcut keys, although it took me a long time to figure out how to do this on the options page (you first have to define the shortcut key at the bottom, and then select the shortcut key in the "After closing the current tab, try selecting in this order" section).
I have "last accessed tab" as my first preference and Ctrl+Q bound to "right tab", so if I want to close the tab and select the last accessed tab, I press Ctrl+W (the default key for closing a tab), but if I want to close the tab and select the right tab, I press Ctrl+Q. This works really well. (I would have preferred Ctrl+E, but that does the same as Ctrl+L and can't be overridden, it seems.)Yes the options page may be confusing. The shortcuts section is provided by a library, so the style is different and the settings are separated in two places.
Built-in shortcuts can not be modified by extensions now. Relevant feature request for Firefox: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1325692
- dfk によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 5 の評価it is good, but i don't know what order to make it work like it used to with Tab Mix Plus on FF 55.The default setting of Tab Mix Plus seems to be "Opener/right tab" on Waterfox 56. For this behavior, set the 1st line to "First - Parent tab", 2nd line to "Right - tab", 3rd line to "Last - tab".
- Diogenes によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Brilliant,it simply makes Firefox so much more logical to use...for me anyway.
Just a heads up - It works perfectly with Firefox 60.1 64bit,but ahem...'upgrading' to 60.2 it loses functionality,so I've reverted back to 60.1That is strange. I just tested on 60.0.2 but did not find any problem.
Another user reported that upgrading to Firefox 61 broke this extension. It turned out to be profile corruption and deleting the extension's config file fixed it for them.
- DX によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 5 の評価你好，我在Gesturefy扩展中发现它的更改标签页行为不会闪一下。
- Zuzuzu によるレビュー (4年前)5 段階中 5 の評価Before Firefox turned to crap, most necessary features were contained in Tab Mix Plus. Now people have to scrape them piece by piece. This is one of those pieces, neat, useful and well done (insofar as the current broken and buggy system allows).