- 5 段階中 1 の評価Firefox ユーザー 12214924 によるレビュー (23日前)I see no way to USE this. Why do you add-on guys NEVER give simple instructions? Right-clicking gives no options, Left-clicking just triggers the popup. Is there some kind of icon to click somewhere? Why assume people will "figure it out" when everyone's got customized setups? Even if it's a simple one-click process I can't troubleshoot it if I don't know what that process is.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 23日前When you install an add-on it creates an icon for it in your add-on icon area (to the right of the address bar). If you have many add-ons installed there probably isn't room in your browser bar, so click on the puzzle piece icon to reveal hidden add-ons.
This isn't something I as an add-on developer have control over. But it is standard behavior with every single add-on you install - if there isn't room it'll be hidden in this dropdown list. I suppose I could create instructions for this, though it isn't unique to my add-on at all. This add-on's icon is a red square with a white "B" in it, by the way.
Also, "us add-on guys" spend a lot of time creating FREE software used by thousands of people every day, with only the occasional "thanks" in return. This isn't meant as a complaint, because it is rewarding by itself, but a little patience and politeness go a long way 🙂
- 5 段階中 5 の評価dunberg によるレビュー (2ヶ月前)simple to block atrocious ads websites and disgusting in most cases combine this with pop up blocker "its just works"- todd howard lol, this is really undetectable because the principle design of this extension is soo primitive in very good way, it's basically youre running f12+ select disabled element manually but with script, so you dont have to do it many times repeatedly, you are doing god works dear devs i really appreciate it
開発者の返信投稿日時: 2ヶ月前Thanks for leaving a review! And yes, I was surprised that my primitive approach ended up being beneficial rather than limiting. Dear devs = Just me 🙂 I'm glad you're finding the extension useful.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Firefox ユーザー 17715653 によるレビュー (3ヶ月前)When using the extension, I did not see the little text only link in the drop down menu to edit the blocked elements on a particular web page. So I went into the app itself looking for something that would tell me how to do that, and found no instructions, just a statement that it would do it. It would be helpful if you would provide some instructions in the app telling people about that small text link, or give it a button like the other features in the app. The screen shots do not really tell anyone how to do anything, they are just images with no explanations of how to get there. You have buttons for every function except EDIT blocked elements. It might be a good idea to make that little text link a button instead.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 3ヶ月前Thanks for the feedback! I'll look into making the user interface more clear and I might create a short demonstration video.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Firefox ユーザー 13148966 によるレビュー (5ヶ月前)Great extension, works really well in most cases, though I haven't figured out how to block those annoying elements that appear when hovering over elements on a page.
For example, on Reddit, when you (accidentally) hover over a username, I want to block the huge element that appears containing info from the user's profile, but when you hit CMD+Opt+B to select the element, the element disappears and won't come back until I exit the element block selector, so I can't block it.
開発者の返信投稿日時: 5ヶ月前Thanks for the review! Interesting use case - that makes a lot of sense, I'll look into coming up with a solution for this.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Oscar によるレビュー (9ヶ月前)It worked perfectly for me! I was looking for an add-on that permanently removes a specific element I wanted to remove from a page, and this does just that! Seriously, you can test it here and try to remove the big letter "a" in the definition: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=a
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Gray によるレビュー (1年前)Does a very good job of doing exactly what it states without any fuss or being intrusive.
One request I would have is an ability to back up block settings. Occasionally, FF resets, and having to re-block elements on troublesome sites can take a while (not the fault of the author, it is an error FF is having. I've never had this plugin lose settings).Thanks for leaving a review! And thank you for the feature request - that's a great idea.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Joe D によるレビュー (1年前)This extension works extremely well, especially on sites like msn.com that are filled with clutter. Technical support is outstanding and helped me fix an issue that was specific to my individual installation. Great job Luke.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価among us all によるレビュー (1年前)This works well and does everything it says, but one thing that this is missing is way to see all my blocked elements or just sites where I have blocked something.
Sometimes when I block 5 things from one site, it sometimes breaks and I'll have to reset them all and add those that didn't break it back and it's kinda annoying.Thank you for the review! Wow, so many people want this feature. I really need to make time to add it soon.
EDIT: I just added this feature! You can now see a list of blocked elements and manually remove specific rules/items.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価Axolotl によるレビュー (1年前)Funnily enough I'm making a site theme and nothing I do can detect this one element but this add-on can.
It's great because my theme now completely works, less great because this add-on hides all the rules it's given: I can't take whatever it's found and implement it myself. This situation has happened multiple times and it's beginning to get a little grating.
I know the author has said they're planning on adding these but that was originally stated 2 years ago. Unfortunately until those features are here I can only give it a(n albeit very strong) 4 stars.
Edit: Like the developer says the feature to see each blocked element and select them individually is now implemented! I have no other complaints, this is the best add-on I've found of its type. An easy 5 stars. Thank you for updating it <3Hey, thanks for the fair review. I still want to add this feature! I've been busy with work and other projects, but I will get to it.... eventually 😅
EDIT: I just added this feature! You can now see a list of blocked elements, with their specific rules/CSS selectors.
- 5 段階中 4 の評価Testo によるレビュー (1年前)DOESN'T WORK WITH FACEBOOK while other element-blocking addons are working fine with it, please fix.
Also please make a keyboard shortcut to pause blocking, currently there is only a shortcut to block an element (Ctrl+Alt+B).
EDIT: Turns out it's working fine with Facebook but only when you use the Ctrl+Alt+B shortcut to initiate it NOT when you click the addon's icon from the top bar.
EDIT #2: Pause blocking doesn't work with Facebook as well, meaning that when I click it then refresh the page my items remains hidden and then you have to click "Unblock All" which effects all websites.
Overall there seems to be some troubles with facebook.com, please investigate them.Hey, thanks for the feedback. My recommendation to you is to stop using Facebook :) They're a terrible company and I won't use them, even to test my add-ons.
- 5 段階中 5 の評価cmustudentx0001 によるレビュー (2年前)Works well so far. Thanks for creating this add-on.
edit: I know I'm a little demanding, but here is a small problem I encountered. Sometimes it's not easy or impossible to block a certain element; for example, when the area you have to click on is located at a scroll bar.
Anyway, still works very well in 99% of cases. I highly recommend installing it. Thanks again.