- di Princess, 3 mesi faValutata 4 su 5It works great but on Twitter, it downloads images without a file extension.
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 3 mesi faCertainly a fair remark, though just for clarity I'd like to point out this is simply the nature of twitter's image hosting/linking, not a shortcoming in the addon. File extensions are a mere semantic convention and mostly only relevant in filesystems for human users. In HTTP-hosted resources, they're a mere courtesy a server/URL can decide not to offer. Other websites will similarly not include a file extension, and there's little an addon or browser can do about it (especially in firefox, which still doesn't implement filename manipulation for addons).
I just checked again, and the file extension could be derived from other data in twitter's URLs, but it would require both the missing renaming implementation in firefox as well as special handling code in my addon just for twitter. The latter I indeed choose not to implement, even for the chrome-based browsers that would support it. :)
- di Utente Firefox 15950359, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Super fast to save images!
I would like to have an option to auto add a timestamp in filename when saving, to have: timestamp+original filename.
Thank youThat's not a bad idea, though the exact format will be an issue, and you could achieve this through your file manager and a renaming program, but that's understandably more effort. Maybe I can add y/m/d h/m/s variables that you can use as desired. I'm slogging through technical work on my addons right now and don't expect to work on new features for some time still though. Please follow progress or discuss here: https://gitlab.com/Marnes/doubleclick-image-downloader/-/issues/78
- di Jalad, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Remember last download folder option needed. Plz implement it asapModern addons are not able to control download locations, sorry. This is a deliberate design regarding user settings in browsers. I couldn't implement it even if I wanted to.
- di Umpahpah, un anno faValutata 4 su 5Hi, and thanks for all the work, that is first. The second, why I gave 3 stars, is due to 2 issues: First, it often save image without proper extension, which is a bit annoying, and second, it does not allow to save images where Save images as.... has been disabled, and I know it is not your fault, just to re-report, as I read the comments first. So, the biggest issue is extension flaw, sometimes.
Thanks for the reply - it is just then a question how the Save image as does not make that mistake....
In any way, I raised the review for one star :)Thanks for the detailed feedback. As for file extensions, extensions are not actually a required thing in filenames, they're more of a loose convention. Websites tend to forego them depending on how their images are loaded (e.g. from data streams rather than files). It's the browser's responsibility to determine an extension if at all possible, based on data from the webserver if provided (such as a suggested filename, with or without extension). It's really not within an addon's power to ensure the presence of file extensions, or infer any, sorry.
- di Zeco, 2 anni faValutata 4 su 5hello, I love this addon, but can you make notify auto close after 1 second? That would be prefect.
- di Utente Firefox 13150915, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Does what it says and works really well, but the options are limited. Some people might like that but I prefer the flexibility. The more you can customize the add-on, the less add-ons you need overall to get it to do what you want,
For instance, I'd really like to disabled it in the context menu but there's no such option.
- di Utente Firefox 13662969, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5Does a great job, I am using the hover over image for one click saving of images, would be great to be able to choose the default download folder for the images.
Thank you.Glad you like it. Choosing a custom downloads folder will not be done: it's a bad idea and not even possible in/allowed by any browser anyway. All downloads in a browser will always go to the browser's download folder (or a subfolder within it).
- di Utente Firefox 13548285, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5I like the double click feature to save images.
However, for the FireFox 57.0.1 version does not allow selecting of save location, it saves it to 'Download' folder.
Keep up the good work.
- di Utente Firefox 13487918, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5I will give 5 stars if it will be a button shortcut to save picture ( for example i set "Z" to save picture and when mouse is on picture i click z and picture is save already like it was in Save Images addon). And second thing which will be nice is be able to choose a folder where I can save picture.I'm not so sure about the hotkey feature but i can give it some thought.
Addons should not and in fact cannot download files to anywhere outside the browser's download directory. This addon does have a subfolder feature but firefox currently doesn't support it yet.
Also, you and everyone else, please stop using AMO "reviews" to request features. These reviews aren't a means of communication, and developing new features or fixing bugs requires communication. I've put email and support site links on the main page for a reason, please use them.
- di Utente Firefox 13466808, 3 anni faValutata 4 su 5My name is Marc. I wish a context-menue-button like "Save as".That already exists in your browser: "Save image as..." or "Save link as..."
Please don't make AMO reviews to request features or talk about bugs. Send me an email or post an issue on gitlab. The relevant links are on the addon's main page here.
- di Nguyễn Đình Quân, 4 anni faValutata 4 su 5This addon does exactly what I want to save the images on the website by hover the mouse over the images.
But there are some unuse features which could be removed for slim down the codes, unmainternance codes?
Replica dello sviluppatorepubblicato il 4 anni faDon't worry about code maintenance, that's my job. The disabled features are there because they carried over from the original addon and the chrome version, and I expect them to be possible in the new firefox soon.