- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: Cosmic_Annihilation, 3 éveAmazing addon! I'm only missing the ability to select multiple tabs and open them on the chosen browser, instead of doing it manually for each tab! There's an open issue on the github repo asking for this already, just in case other users would like to show their interest on this feature.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: Firefox felhasználó 15573474, 4 éveIf you are on macOS Catalina, install this extension and follow the instructions, but put the file "open_with_mac.py" in your "Public" folder. Only then it will work.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: Radon, 4 éveFor people who cannot use it on macOS Catalina. I found a solution here, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59543692/failed-to-connect-native-host-has-exited . In other words, download the helper program open_with_mac.py to $HOME/Public .
For debugging, I find it easier to debug with Chrome browser. There is a Chrome version of this extension https://darktrojan.github.io/openwith/
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: mrbunnylamakins, 4 éveI was going to give 1 star. Till I realized I was in older python folder on main C Directory was wrong, I removed older versions and Launcher of Python from control panel (Programs and Features). and reloaded Python version 3.8.1 and noticed where it was loading it (Windows) >
I dumped the "open_with_windows.py" File downloaded from (On the Option Page when you click the toolbar button) I placed that file after downloading it in the Python folder and then Ran the "open_with_windows.py install" in Command Prompt Admin THEN Tested it via > Options on the Open With toolbar button got a green check and then it worked when I tried it on a web site page.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: Philip Goddard, 4 éveOpen With saves me a whole lot of hassle. Some sites don't work properly in FF, so, using Open With I can quickly load the current page in Chrome or (perish the thought!) Edge. But still more useful and indeed important for me is that I can quickly load the current page in BlueGriffon, my web page editor, or in EditPad Pro. I use both these latter for working on my local version of my extensive five websites. Saves a huge amount of hassle!
One odd thing. Just lately, the toolbar icon for Open With has taken to repeatedly giving a warning message, that Open With couldn't make contact with the outside world (presumably meaning it couldn't make an Internet connection). But its permissions don't include being able to do so, so something is clearly screwy about this.
As another reviewer has remarked, it would be greatly helpful to have a facility for exporting / importing one's settings.
I found that this extension had ceased working, and presumably this was associated with the error message noted above. I followed a reasonable hunch and re-ran "[path]open_with_windows.py install", and that fixed it.
- Csillagos értékelés: 5 / 5készítette: MaximuxBrian, 4 éveI would not be able to live without this extension! Thanks Geoff for putting in all the work into it. I have a handful of privacy friendly extensions installed like Umatrix and ublock origin and a couple of other othes that often times break websites that i'm visiting for the first time. Most of the time i don't want to bother customizing the rules for the website because i probably will not be visiting it again so i quickly open the page using a different firefox profile and continue with my workflow. Makes my life incredibly easy and am very glad to have donated the $10 to try to pay back for all the time that i have saved using this.