- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13575878, לפני 5 שניםVery usefull extension for getting sauce :^))
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13659493, לפני 5 שניםHi, it's a a great extension that I've loved for long but does the new version not work in some old version Firefox? After the latest update I found the image search option no longer appear in the right click menu. Since I'm using Firefox 43.0.1, a fairly old version, I guess there might be some compatibility issues?
I see in the release notes it's been said 'go to extension's options page to change anything'. However, the 'Option' button for this extension in Add-ons Manager disappeared as well so I couldn't make any change.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת Yin Cognito, לפני 5 שניםGreat extension, been using it for years in multiple browsers. For what I need, it works flawlessly. One question though: is it possible to remove or "uncheck" the 'Use Alternate' option from the context menu? I only use two search engines and added 'Search All' just in case.
P.S. If you're planning to use the 'Use Alternate' option to offer a way to search for local images, then I retract my question, as I want that too, when you'll find a working solution :D
RESPONSE TO THE DEVELOPER:
Thank you. Don't worry about the timeline - I understand the difficulty of adapting your sofware to these constant changes in browsers, given the fact that I am also in a process of developping an extension for Chrome...;)
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 5 שניםWe're working on a semi-sane way to work around the local file access issue, not sure when it will be ready though. Will probably be triggered by a browser action button. I'll add a way to remove the extra menu stuff in a coming version.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת dave, לפני 6 שניםSomebody listens! The ability to fine tune a context add-on. This on lets you open in a new tab OR window, choose which search engines or another program to search in as well as save your preferences. Good Show!
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת hdd60311, לפני 6 שניםJust saw this in the release notes of https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/selection-context-search/
Open the Add-on Options page in a new tab. This will allow to drag-and-drop rows in the tableThat looks like a nice setup. We'll try to enhance the menu configuration process at some point in the near future. The current options page is very basic, and was thrown together quickly to get it released on time for FF57.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת Dexms4, לפני 6 שניםThanks for the update, great addon and a great service as always!
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת Accicada, לפני 6 שניםGreat addon. The only problem I have with it is that the setting to open in a new tab next to current instead opens it next to another random tab in the window. Hopefully this can be fixed and isn't another limitation.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת Azulado, לפני 6 שניםGreat addon, but it doesn't search for images hosted in private sites, like in intranets.
Edit: Got it, thanks! :DIt can, you just need to click on the 'Use Alternate' checkbox first to do a POST search using the image's data. Otherwise, the remote server has no way to access the internal network link you are sending it.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת FIREF0XER, לפני 6 שניםSo many other image search apps in Firefox 57 have failed to work for me on Google Images when utilising its own search engine.
An image search attempt with all but one of those other apps that I tested resulted merely in a fresh, blank Google Images tab page opening for me to drag&drop an image onto........which is obviously not an action that I would need any extension app for.
And "Search By Image" (which is the only other image search app I discovered....besides your own....that is likewise working as desired with the Google Images search engine) has, since Firefox 57, stopped allowing the user to pick any individual image search engine to use (from a list of them) in any search attempt.........and instead searches via every single one of them simultaneously.......which is both resource hungry and very much overkill if that is neither needed or desired.
Yours is the only app that I've found that is currently working exactly as hoped with Firefox 57.....AND giving the user some measure of choice regarding how they conduct their search.
I also like the ability in the settings menu that you have provided to arrange the right-click, drop-down list of search engines into the order preferred.
So THANK YOU SO MUCH for this cracking app!!
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13485089, לפני 6 שניםYep, Firefox ruins everything. Hence, revert to version 220.127.116.11 of this useful add-on, but install in Cyberfox.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13460139, לפני 6 שניםWorks perfectly, but since I updated to FF 57, the reverse image search option in my context menu disappears every time I exit and relaunch Firefox. I have to go into the add-on settings and save the preferences and the menu appears again after. This persists even after resetting settings to default and a full reinstall of the add-on. What gives?
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13457753, לפני 6 שניםgreat tool but imgops option doesn't work anymore
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת ArcinHosenka, לפני 6 שניםThe previous version worked perfectly. But, as of the latest update, it won't open image search tabs next to current tab. Could this be fixed?This feature has been added, upgrade to the latest version and choose the appropriate option from the options page.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת me, לפני 6 שניםThe latest version does not show context menu on Firefox ESR version 52.Should work now with v3.0.3+, but if you are happy with the old 2.x version there is no reason to upgrade.
- דירוג 5 מתוך 5מאת Aconcagua, לפני 6 שניםIs there any options to have only Google search button on right click? (FF57)
On previous version was available.
Now it is: right click on image -> Image Search Options -> Google
How to change on: right click on image -> Google ?
P.S Very thanks for fix "New Background Tab" - now the search lands at the end of all tabs.Currently not possible due to limit of one menu item per extension. I'll look into allowing only one to be shown, which should have the desired effect.