- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת DisplayName, לפני 6 חודשיםUsed to be very good, but now none of the newspapers in Norway is working well.
Only text is visible in the feeds.
And why is 3 options in the setting "Remove tags from feed entries" greyed out ?
Can't enable "scripts", "objects" or "applets" ?
Ok, i will reply to the bug reporting mail.
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 6 חודשיםCan you give some feed URLs that aren't working as you expect?
Script, object and applet tag are automatically filtered out as potentially dangerous tags. Feed entry content should not need such tags and if it does, it should be redesigned.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת sgdl-pers, לפני שנהI like this, I can group up feeds for reddit, youtube or comics and browse them by grouping whenever I please. I like being able to filter out things I've no interest in.
I don't like this because at random it will break, requiring the extension to be disabled and re-enabled to get anything about it working again.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת bit.ly/Remil-on-Ecency, לפני שנתייםThis is a BLACKMAIL message: Send me five Bitcoin OR add a search bar so I can look for a specific keyword in articles if you want your five stars back. Mwhahaha!
One serious complaint: Your marketing sucks. :) I was using several other RSS readers, and especially one online service annoys met to no end with their upgrade notification. Came across Feedbro by accident, only heard about you a few days ago, and absolutely love the add-on. Not too fond of the name though, FeedMister or FeedBoss would be better. Also, an easy way to remove the many duplicate threads among the 250 newspapers I'm following will be great. But overall, stellar work, bro's.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת Kate Buckley, לפני שנתייםBest of the webextension compatible RSS readers I've found so far, but not quite as good as Newsfox was.
Bulk applying settings to all feeds in a folder would be useful, and so would being able to put a feed in more than one folder.
Oh and "mark as read after seconds" would be nice.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13715371, לפני 3 שניםWhen I try to dismiss new items, they keep repopulating. I never know when new feeds are available because I keep getting notified about feeds I have already seen.
EDIT: the URL is [https://nrhtx.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?&limit=mc-loc%3A%22NEWDVD%22&count=50&sort_by=acqdate_dsc&format=rss]EDIT: thanks for the link. Please open that in a normal browser tab so that you can see that elements don't have [pubDate] or [dc:date] tag (which they should have since the feed claims to be RSS 2.0). Due to this Feedbro generates timestamps for the item (article) entries. But when you delete such loaded article, Feedbro has no way of knowing whether the article was loaded before (because it's now removed from the Feedbro database). This is why Feedbro downloads the article again.
Solution: don't delete articles that are provided by such feeds (that don't have datestamps).
What's the feed URL? If you are deleting articles and the feed does not date stamps for the articles in the XML, that can happen.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת Clément, לפני 3 שניםSad that it does not work with MacRumors. Pretty cool for the other news websites I use. Thank you!Works fine on http://feeds.macrumors.com/MacRumors-All - what URL doesn't work?
EDIT: user found out that the reason for this was that they had Firefox's standard "HTTPS-Only" mode on and that MacRumous feed supports just HTTP. Even disabling the requirement for the site doesn't help because apparently HTTPS requirement is still enforced for every URL using XMLHttpRequest API that Feedbro uses.
Bug report has been submitted: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1692811
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת ArtEze, לפני 3 שניםIt does not work in Basilisk 2018, but it does in Firefox 56. Edit: Thanks for the link, it's interesting ... The 3 stars, on top of that, is my balance between that and other features, as the gmail feed throws permission denied in a high version of Firefox. Most WebExtensions work fine in Basilisk 2018, and I wish I could use FeedBro in Basilisk as it is better styled than Bamboo, and I downloaded all 17 versions but none worked.EDIT:
1. You need to be logged on to Gmail for it (the Atom feed) to work
2. As said, Basilisk never had a proper WebExtension support - it doesn't support the needed APIs
AFAIK Basilisk never even officially supported WebExtensions - the support was experimental, not fully complete and functional and was dropped in January 2019. Did you base your 3 star rating on that?
PS. Given the number of security issues in all browsers, we would not recommend using browser versions that are so old.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת Cathy, לפני 3 שניםIt's a very usefull extension. But Idon't understand why regulary all feeds disapeared and I need to import again my feeds...
Further your answer (sorry I can't find any button to answer ?) : I am in MACOS just parallels tools with a cleaner but only to clean cache, trashbin...
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 15950945, לפני 3 שניםRight-click options do not work for me in the feed tree on the left side, just the normal menu with Firefox options "Reload tab" etc. and several other things show up but nothing concerning Feedbro. So it is not possible to change the settings for the number of entries wanted for several feeds for example and I cannot see this setting anywhere else, the general settings only give the option for a maximum of 100 entries for feeds but no option for differentiating the entries for single feeds as far I can see
Smart as I am I think that I have found a workaround :-) Going through Statistics > Properties one gets the same window as when creating a new feed with the options for the maximum number of wanted entries etc. but is this the way meant to be ? Another option would be to delete single feeds and create them again with new settings but this would be annoying of course so the main thing "right-click does not work in the feed tree here" remains in spite of this workaround
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 14727022, לפני 4 שניםI liked it to start; but, it skips articles, so, I need to check the original website. So, it doesn't really end up saving me any time. Perhaps there is some setting I need to change?4.5.1 has a fix for the Firefox bug related to Date parsing. We also previously added proper support for XML feeds that are in "oldest first" order. Those two fixes should eliminate the skipping problem.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 13020120, לפני 4 שניםI've used this extensions for at least an year with Firefox for Windows, Linux and macOS and it does a good job. It has a problem with the contextual menu for a feed. On Linux and on macOS, it disappears as soon as I raise the right mouse button (or I raise my hand after a 2 finger press). Keeping the right mouse button pressed and selecting an entry doesn't work either.
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 4 שנים"NOTE 3!: Firefox 66+ on Linux and MacOS has a regression bug that messes up feed tree right-click menu. Workaround: open about:config and set "ui.context_menus.after_mouseup" to true."
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 12442412, לפני 4 שניםthis extension has great functions，but It's a disaster when indexdDB error comes to me(many times) ，even though I refreshed firefox at about:support, it still comes to me after a while（didn't update firefox），btw my firefox version is 68.0b7 (64 bit)
I hope this extension could be stable , and if this problem can't be fixed, I only have to turn to inoreader= =
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת untrained, לפני 4 שניםI had high hopes for this extension but the interface feels really clunky and unintuitive. I'm providing this feedback hoping that at least some of these points can be improved in future updates.
- I keep expecting to be able to right click an entry in the article list to display a context menu to mark it as unread/read, mark this and all previous articles as read/unread, star, etc., but this opens it in a new tab instead and I see no way to change that functionality.
- For some reason sometimes when trying to switch between feeds by clicking on one the first click only highlights the feed and a second click is necessary to actually switch to it, this is intermittent though. (This may have something to do with having two Feedbro tabs open and adding a new feed on one of them)
- Selecting "Show only unread articles" doesn't refresh the list so it initially seems like it's not doing anything.
- When changing the "Feed entry content" it's not obvious that only new articles will be effected so again, this initially appears to do nothing.
- When using the Dark theme, if using the full article view and the page includes hard-coded dark fonts the text is almost invisible.
- The Feedback link for the Firefox extension for some reason brings me to the Chrome Web Store instead of the Firefox Add-ons page.
- The tooltip for marking an article as read reads "Mark this entry read/unread - Shortcut: m" but this seems to only work intermittently, if it stops working refreshing the page allows it to work again.
- It's great that this supports keyboard shortcuts, but for some reason arrow keys aren't used. I would expect to be able to move through the list of articles with arrow keys.
It's obviously not all negative though, I was surprised that this RSS reader supports custom rules and I love how much control this gives me to change what is displayed. The functionality to search for RSS feeds in the current page is simple but also very useful.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת laclac1, לפני 4 שניםVery good but this addon has an important problem for me. The folders aren't visible in the popup. You show a list of latest articles in the popup but everything is mixed and it's not sorting by folders. It's disappointed. I change by 5 stars if the folders are used in the popup. I will use feeder while waiting :(
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת Nibinaear, לפני 5 שניםIt seems to work fine but seems to be missing a vital feature: search engine. I would like to find news articles with various keywords but there is no way to do it.
It seems to do tags, but this just lets you bookmark a news article using a word to go back to later.
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת atomizer, לפני 5 שניםwhile Feedbro is the best WebExt feed reader i found so far, it hardly compares to NewsFox - it lacks advanced sorting options and a NF-like 3-pane UI. while the developer seems to insist that his way is better, it isnn't, at least not for everyone
another annoyance is that FB doesn't cache the icons for the domains and, instead, queries Google *every* time it is started - why? why not pull the favicon from the root domain when the feed is refreshed and cache them?
it is also annoying that the developer uses a combination control to select feed refresh times with no "never" option - why not just use a simple numeric input control and let users specify the time, or '0' to disable auto-refresh?
i also wonder about the ethics of the Nodetics given they apparently don't publish the source code nor make available a proper issue reporting platform - why not put the code on GitLab? trying to hide something? the developer once told me that the source code is available in the package - of course it is, so why not publish it and why the restrictive license?
i also tried to contact the developer twice with a question about applying custom CSS and never received a reply
let's see if they reply to my nasty-gram...
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת Cool Franz, לפני 5 שניםIt looks nice (although definitely leaves room for improvement).
Unfortunately it doesn't sync among different instances. I think this is a major drawback.
Hopefully it will get implemented soon
- דירוג 3 מתוך 5מאת משתמש Firefox 11391270, לפני 5 שניםToo little configuration options for the popup.
I want to have the feeds grouped by source in the popup. In subfolders. And I want to display all feeds in the popup. Just like the regular live bookmarks by Mozilla.
Unfortunately, the author did not integrate such basic functionality. I'd really appreciate a more sophisticated and customizable popup. But as is, the original Firefox live bookmarks + LiveClick is still a hundred times more convenient than this addon.
Answer to author response: No, this can still be very good UI design. Have you tried out Firefox live bookmarks + LiveClick? You could click the bookmark popup and saw everything you needed in one single popup. You didn't have to open a new tab just for the feed overview. It was a dream. Unfortunately, Mozilla set everything on fire and LiveClick was one of the victims. Now we are looking for an alternative. But most other addons don't share the simplicity of LiveClick. They all have overloaded designs and you need to open a separate tab just to see an overview of live bookmarks. That's what I call a bad UI design.
Here is an image how you addon could be designed if you were interested in a very good UI: https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-media/previews/full/54/54655.png
תגובת המפתחמועד פרסום: לפני 5 שניםLiveClick type view is now also available when you click the Feedbro icon and then choose "Open Explorer". It's a very simple view compared to the actual "Open Feed Reader" view but can be useful for quick peeks.