par Kitty None, il y a 7 mois
Noté 2 sur 5
Same complaint as everyone else: this addon would be SO useful if there was some way to dial down the sensitivity of the automatic redirect or turn it off — but since the addon hasn't been updated since 2018 I assume this bug won't be fixed. Hopefully someone picks up where they left off and implements this functionality into a working addon, because it's a great idea.
- par John Harris, il y a un moisNoté 4 sur 5Generally works well. It falls short in:
- Frequently auto-updating and then not operating at all until the user agrees to new permissions, which is a drag on workflow.
- Persists in annoying me with pop-up boxes to "check out more great features in settings," which is obnoxious when commercial software does it, let alone when a utility put out by a non-profit does. It should do its job and get out of my way.
- par Sam Wilson, il y a un moisNoté 5 sur 5This is a great extension. It is much quicker to save a page than it used to be, and has quick links to archived versions of pages. The auto-archive feature is brilliant.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13434336 de Firefox, il y a 2 moisNoté 1 sur 5You need to login to save a page & the last 3 or 4 updates are really bad for privacy.
I used it since it was a test-pilot program for Firefox in 2016 (no more 404s). But since all new "features" are really bad I uninstalled it.
- par A Firefox User, il y a 3 moisNoté 1 sur 5The add-on now forces you to log in to archive a page, but previous versions (and the archive.org website) have no such requirement. This login requirement is a serious regression that prevents me from using this version at all. I'm not going to create an account for no reason; I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I've reverted back to version 1.8.6 (which is still available here under "See all versions").
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13112025 de Firefox, il y a 3 moisNoté 5 sur 5Version 3.0 works fine here!
With the new feature, which shows saved status of the page right away, now it is very easy to make a decision whether or not to save the page. To do this with prior versions, I had to first check the newest saved page and to see if it exists or not. The saving process is being done in background, so I can browse other pages while the add-on saves a page.
(Below is my review a year ago about previous version)
Once worked fine, but for the past few months, it has got "Fail with status: 498 No Reason Phrase" error with Retry button, which fails all the time on firefox (waterfox as well). So, now this extension is quite useless and needs to be updated.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17264771 de Firefox, il y a 4 moisNoté 3 sur 5The good: if it works, it works. It's an amazing tool to save webpages and look them up if necessary.
The bad: the 404 page has always come up too soon but lately (1-2 weeks ago) webpages cannot be saved. The error message: job failed.
No one can do anything with that information.. saving a page directly from the website works but if I cannot save a webpage with this Addon why should I keep it?
- par kev, il y a 4 moisNoté 1 sur 5I have found all functions of this add on, including archiving pages, detecting dead links and requesting archived pages to be entirely non functional. It prevents me from accessing working sites so often that I finally relented and uninstalled the add on