Noté 1 sur 5par A Firefox User, il y a 5 mois
The add-on now forces you to log in to archive a page, but previous versions (and the archive.org website) have no such requirement. This login requirement is a serious regression that prevents me from using this version at all. I'm not going to create an account for no reason; I'd prefer to remain anonymous. I've reverted back to version 1.8.6 (which is still available here under "See all versions").
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13165481 de Firefox, il y a un moisLong-time user here. I’m glad the add-on finally removed the privacy-harming log-in requirement for saving pages.
However, when I do want to stay logged in, the add-on repeatedly logs me out every few days or so, so I constantly have to log back in. Would be great if this was fixed and that you stayed logged in until you click the log-out button. If this gets fixed I’ll bump my rating up to 5/5.
- Noté 5 sur 5par twotwos, il y a 2 moisOk. This extension used to be *bad*. It was limited in its use and had a serious problem with what I'm terming "archive misfire", where it would decide to redirect some pages (which would otherwise load just fine!) to a new page where it gave you the option to view it in the archive. When you didn't need to.
Yet now! As of February this year, the extension has leapt all the way from version 1.8.6 to version 3.0, and let me tell you, this version absolutely slaps. It's brilliant. Archive misfire is no more, and it's got all sorts of helpful little options. The Internet Archive has taken this extension from an over-agressive bookmarklet to a really quite helpful browsing tool. If you scorned this extension before, I invite you to give it another go; and if you're here for the first time, don't be scared off by the review score - truly, things are better now. Also, some other reviews mention needing to login to save pages, a requirement which has been lifted as of ~a month ago.
- Noté 4 sur 5par John Harris, il y a 4 moisGenerally works well. It falls short in:
- Frequently auto-updating and then not operating at all until the user agrees to new permissions, which is a drag on workflow.
- Persists in annoying me with pop-up boxes to "check out more great features in settings," which is obnoxious when commercial software does it, let alone when a utility put out by a non-profit does. It should do its job and get out of my way.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Sam Wilson, il y a 4 moisThis is a great extension. It is much quicker to save a page than it used to be, and has quick links to archived versions of pages. The auto-archive feature is brilliant.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13434336 de Firefox, il y a 4 moisYou need to login to save a page & the last 3 or 4 updates are really bad for privacy.
I used it since it was a test-pilot program for Firefox in 2016 (no more 404s). But since all new "features" are really bad I uninstalled it.