- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13626239 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIs there any way to return to the previous platform. I've used your application, if you're the original owner, for years. It is nearly worthless to me now.....but maybe that was the plan. We wouldn't want the sheeple to have effective tools. I apologize if you're the original designer but this new version was a bad move.You can still use the old addon version if you install Firefox ESR v52. Unfortunately Firefox versions above v56 no longer support old-style addons
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13602649 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThis app was amazing... until the most recent update which essentially made it really hard to use. Bummed... I just want the old version back.You can still use the old addon version if you install Firefox ESR v52. Unfortunately Firefox versions above v56 no longer support legacy addons.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13582083 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIt is potentially useful, but was better before. The update was not a good choice. I cannot see and show updated pages instantly with one click when I get more than about 20 new websites (I cannot see the "show all updates" (or something like this)). I hope it gets another update, and I am sure it will be good one again.Click the tool bar icon and select "show all updates"
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13581755 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansupdate deleted all the pages I was monitoring. NO, I don't monitor ALL my bookmarks, nor do I bookmark all pages I was monitoring. I heads up would have been the decent thing to do since you knew what this update was going to do - or just ensure all the detail wasn't blown away. .Hope this isn't your profession. You'll never get another dime out of me.
Interesting how you are taking time off just as you make this live. Again, don't quit your day job.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13558874 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansHave used this add on for many years. The latest update really slows you down. Very disappointed in this update.Performance has been improved in v4.2.1, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/191.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13554887 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIt was better before.
Now - unfortunately all time there are`nt two very important functions:
• Scan only the selected folders or pages
• Add new pages by dragging an address to the selected folder
I am waiting patiently for these functions.Scanning individual pages from the sidebar is on the way- see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/123. The drag and drop feature is a good idea, please raise it on the issues page https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues
- Noté 2 sur 5par jakiesun, il y a 5 ansI cannot set the code. The pages which use code big5 (a kind of Chinese code) show mess. Please fix the problem. Thank you very much.This is a known issue, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/136. Fixing this is a priority, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
- Noté 2 sur 5par LeSeigneur, il y a 5 ansit doesn't keep the sites to watch after update to ffx 57 - everything is deleted!Yes, you need to import your sites manually. Please open the sidebar and follow the instructions.
- Noté 5 sur 5par DeronLJ, il y a 5 ansThis is one of my must have extensions. Especially useful for sites that don't have an RSS feed.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13504521 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansGreat extension.
The only problem is opening the changes in the same tab and not in separate tabsMiddle clicking on the item in the sidebar opens it in a new tab.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13503217 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansHave used Update Scanner happily for many many years and have had problems getting to grips with this update. What a shame as it was a wonderful useful add-on to FF.
Not happy initially with the changes. At first, having imported all my Update Scanner Bookmarks, I had a sidebar showing over 200 items all saying 'New Page'. By uninstalling and reinstalling that seems to have been rectified. However, seem to have lost all identification of changes on pages that I hadn't reviewed. Now have to start all over again.
Disappointed to lose the option to right click and ask Update Scanner to scan a page.Sorry the import didn't work for you. Please try again and raise an issue at https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/ if it's still not working.
Scanning individual pages is coming - see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/123
- Noté 3 sur 5par pol098, il y a 5 ansComparing the Update Scanner for FF57, as of 21Nov17, with its predecessor: I much prefer the old version. The new version opens sites in a page of its own, with a name like "moz-extension://f79626ca- etc. etc.". If you click on a link in the page it no longer works; on seeing a list of changed files, you can't click on any of them. This is a major issue for me.
It was convenient, with the sidebar opened, to click there to scan all pages. There may be ways round these issues, but they're not obvious. A nuisance, not major. I usually scan manually, setting the automatic scan to once weekly.
As many have commented, the scanner often reports pages to have been changed when there is no visible change; I expect that is unavoidable due to the nature of the pages, but is a nuisance.
On balance I still find the current version better than nothing; in particular I have a list of sites to remind me which to check. But it's got worse.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13498548 de Firefox, il y a 5 ans-1 Star: had to search for my old update scanner bookmarks
-1 Star: and now i go manually through all ~200 pages again to define how often i want to upate them.
-1 Star: day, week, manually... dind't you forget the month? Event calenders sometimes change per month...
(really let us define when we want to check it! (re)Update this back to where we could choose any number of days.)
Firefox can be happy that opera is harder to customize for treestyle tab. There was a day i wanted to switch.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12073697 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThe new version does not play nicely with other extensions & open tabs and has become very inefficient. It's hogging all the Firefox 57 cpu cycles so Firefox and every page I have open is unresponsive while its running. Once it finishes (after 15 minutes now instead of 90 sec) everything is back to normal. While its updating, Firefox become completely unusable. I don't like the new menu - there's not enough control. And upgrading was a pain, with having to export & reimport which seems unnecessarily pointless.Performance has been improved in v4.2.1, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/191.
The WebExtension upgrade process was a bit of a pain, but unfortunately the new Firefox APIs don't allow full access to bookmarks, so a reimport was the easiest way to do the upgrade.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13487801 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansIt was my best add-on but the new version is more-more worse. Not working all webpages with other languages. There are no small menu icons upper the sidebare. I'm sorry but searching other add-ons.This is a known issue, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/136. Fixing this is a priority, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
- Noté 2 sur 5par Eugene Bender, il y a 5 ansNew version don't work on russian sites.
Now you addon is useless for me.This is a known issue, see https://github.com/sneakypete81/updatescanner/issues/136. Fixing this is a priority, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13479842 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThis new version is a mess in FF Quantum. It's inconvenient to use and not reliable. This feature is so important to me that I'll have to change browser soon unfortunately.
- Noté 3 sur 5par MacGivre, il y a 5 ansOn ne peut plus lancer la mise à jour manuellement.
Si on surveille une page avec login (ex : forum), la page reste bloqué à la page d'identificattion.
Impossible de mettre à jour une page qui n'a pas déjà été scannée, je ne comprends plus du tout ce nouveau fonctionnement.
J'ai eu du mal à récupérer mes favoris mais c'est fait, ouf !
En tout cas, l'appli fait le minimum : surveiller les pages sans flux RSS, et cela me convient ^^