- Noté 3 sur 5par Jewel, il y a 2 moisNear November 23, my Malwarebytes blocked 26,321 Ads/Trackers, which isn't the average amount it blocks daily. It would usually block less than 1,000 but 26,000 is a bit much. I don't know if this was a bug or not but I definitely did not enter any websites that could cause this.
A few days ago, when I entered a website, there was a Firefox warning that said Malwarebytes Browser Gaurd was slowing it down.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 15145394 de Firefox, il y a 6 moisOk, but blocks images on some news websites. I don't see a way to white list sites, so I disable the extension. I'd give a higher rating if I could find out how to white list selected domains.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 6 moisHey there, sorry you experienced that!
We have a guide to help with this situation here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039021953
If you have a moment, please submit a support ticket there as well to let us know the news sites with issues; we are always looking how to improve.
- Noté 3 sur 5par KaimTime, il y a 9 moisOverall I'd say this extension has worked wonders for keeping me safe on the web, but lately it's been blocking cloudflare on any site that uses it; severely crippling my work website & making me waste an hour on troubleshooting why I couldn't log in.
was working fine until this morning, not sure why it's being this way now.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 8 moisApologies for the inconvenience, we had a bad database update which we rolled back that day. Please contact Support at support.malwarebytes.com if you are still seeing this.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 16599150 de Firefox, il y a un anThe "did you copy something?" notice is extremely annoying. It pops up every time I copy text from a site I use for work and they stack! I hate closing out 10+ of those stacked on top of each other when I finish writing just one of dozens of emails for the day. From what I saw online and from playing with extension settings there IS NO WAY TO TURN IT OFF. Uninstalling until this is corrected.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a un anI'm sorry you had this experience.
If you click on the extension icon and disable scam protection from that site, you will no longer see that notice.
If you'd like to send us more details (site address), so we can investigate or if you have additional support questions, please create a ticket at support.malwarebytes.com.
- Noté 3 sur 5par oldmilkmaid, il y a 2 ansHonestly, I don't remember when I added this to my Firefox, but last night I was working on my website, adding photos to a page, when suddenly I couldn't see the photos. Tried rebooting the computer - still couldn't see the pictures. Contacted my webhost (Webstarts) this morning and explained what I did and what was happening. They had me check different browsers - photos worked on Chrome and Viasat Browser, but not on Firefox or Edge. This was on the Webstarts working site as well as online on the public site. It only affected my website, no other webpages, and affected all the added (non-background) pictures and graphics. I finally deleted MBAMBG from Firefox and Edge, refreshed those, and it worked - I had my photos back. I don't know why BG doesn't get along with Firefox and Edge, for me, but I hope we can get it worked out - I love MBAM and Webstarts, and pay for both! It would be a shame to have to permanently drop BG so my website works properly!Hey there, we have identified & fixed the issue that occurred on Webstarts.
If you reinstall and give the add-on about 5 minutes to fully refresh its database the site should work as expected.
If there are any other issues, please reach out at support.malwarebytes.com.
If you are serious about privacy please provide an option to opt-out of data collection.Hi there!
To opt out:
* From the Browser Guard UI navigate to the Support page
* Untick the box that reads "Send anonymous telemetry to Malwarebytes"
* Telemetry collection will be disabled
If you are seeing otherwise, please get in touch with our support team at support.malwarebytes.com.
The information that is collected is atomized and is not attributed to any user.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13163623 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansA great browser addon to protect user, but after 6 months of use I have decided to remove it, so many false positives when I am looking at websites or downloading content (Legitimate applications embraced in the opensource community and alike)
just too many nuisances keeping it. a great app none the less.
- Noté 3 sur 5par KevK, il y a 2 ansWhy is there no standard Option / Setting to not show the ICON in the Adress-Bar and I have to manually hide it via FireFox if I want it on without showing the distracting Icon, also a second Option to NOT show the numbers of currently blocked items on the icon is necessary, AdBlockPlus for example does both of this, as they know some people don't want to be distracted and need to manage their space in bars on their own.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Nordic, il y a 2 ansAdd me to the list of those having downloads instantly cancelled. Just started recently. No problems before. Just image files at first and today started blocking .mp4 files. Help!!
Update - just added Malwarebytes Browser Guard to Chrome and the downloads work fine.Hey Nordic, I'm sorry you had this experience! We've identified the source of this bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks for helping verify that Chrome is working.
While we get this fixed, temporarily disable "Scams Protection" on the page you want to download from.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Andy, il y a 3 ansThis doesn't go far enough in removal of ads. Take Reuters site, there is a massive banner on the top of the page that doesn't get removed, fed by dianomi. Other pages are the same.
Current version has a very annoying console.log statement. I agree most don't see it; but imagine a programmer looking for bugs seeing it every page load, some script calls, etc.
Not quite what I expected from Malwarebytes.
- Noté 3 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12830855 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansJust installed it and right away I see that it doesn't block email ads from my webmail inbox like Adblock Plus does. I have Malwarebytes Premium so I'm ditching the addon and going back to Adblock Plus.