- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13119159 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansAs of October 2022 No longer functions at all. Removing.
Not a bad addon but could use a lot more functionality. For starters, it needs a whitelist for sites that are okay to duplicate, which is often necessary. Also, a simple "Close tab automatically" function really isn't the best way to handle a duplicate inadvertently being opened. For example, say you forget you've already got Google open and you type a search in the address bar (which I have set to auto open in a new tab). Rather than the new tab opening with the search I just typed, it switches to the old tab, with an old search in it, which is at first pretty disconcerting. In this case it makes more sense to close the old tab, not the new one, but again, maybe I actually do want them both open. There needs to be a white list. Did I say there needs to be a white list? There needs to be a white list.
RESPONSE TO DEVELOPER'S COMMENT: If you think I gave it two stars just for missing one feature, you didn't even bother to read the whole review. Two stars stands I now I don't even want to bother seeing if it's improved. You need to learn what reviews are for.Hi,
You could have made it easier and shorter to simply request a White list. :)
It has already been requested and it's planned, I just miss time.
Note: 2 stars for a missing feature seems pretty strict (even I don't care, I just share for free an add-on I've developed for me)
- Noté 5 sur 5par Rebuild Morphine Carbon, il y a 4 ansIt could be better if there is an option to move the old tab to where the new tab would have been. Currently if you open hundreds of tabs and the old tab is in the front of the tabs, the tab bar will move all the way there, which is not good.
I find out that if "On remaining tab" is set to "default tab behavior", the old tab will be moved to the new place, which is what I need.
Thanks for your response!Hi,
Thanks for the review!
If you are in "Auto close" mode, the behavior depends on the option "On remaining tab".
Can you give me your settings?
Also can you give me usecase of you do and what is expected (based on your settings) to be sure I understand your problem.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 12231196 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansThe problem is that there are cases when all duplicate tabs are closed without keeping neither of them.
-keep newer tab (keep tab with HTTPS, keep pinned tab)
-scope: active window
The situation occurs when both tabs were loading simultaneous!Thanks for the details.
So it happens with autoclose and newer. I'll search this way.
When you write "all duplicate tabs are closed" you means only the existing one and the new one?
Did you noticed if the older tab was completely loaded? or if both tabs were loading?
I guess you haven't be able to reproduce the problem with the same URL?
I've found something that can explain your problem.
I'll push a fix soon.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Yandong, il y a 4 ansFeature request:
Don't show the badge and number when there is no duplicated tab.Sorry but from what I've seen in the API I cannot unload the button.
Another option would be to use the pageAction https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/pageAction.
But by doing this you cannot access the options unless there are duplicates tabs or if you go to the "Add-ons Manager" tab (about:addons).
It seems less convenient to use.
Thanks for the review.
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14112220 de Firefox, il y a 4 ansVery good but has a bug:
By applying filters for ignoring both "hash part" and "search part" it will not work for duplicate tabs that have only "hash part".
For example for the following URLs one time apply only "ignore hash part filter" and another time apply both "ignore hash part filter" and "ignore search part filter".
- Noté 5 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13593688 de Firefox, il y a 5 ansThis is super useful extension. I use it a lot.
Some suggestions for improvements:
* Allow possibility to "ignore" some open tab so it's not taken into consideration when checking for duplicates.
I had one or two situations when it would be useful (filters we not enough).
So for example when you have "duplicate tabs" list you could right click and choose "Ignore duplicate checking for this tab" (or some other better text) and this entry on "duplicate list" would get different colour or be in italic to indicate that we ignored this page. We could then click again and uncheck this option.
When tab is ignored then we don't see number that we have duplicate for it and "Close all duplicate tabs" won't close this tab.
* I have no idea what this "pin" do on different option sections ("Priority", "Filter", etc). Maybe have some hover over text that explain what it does
* Make this extension open source - this is of course you personal choice to keep it private. I just think it would be awesome and help improving this great extension even more.Your first request is something I know as I also need to duplicate tabs. :)
I'll work on something after the whitelist feature.
About the "Priority", "Filter", etc I've tried to explain this in the description of the add-on.
Filters allows to define how you want to compare the tabs.
Priority allows to define which tabs to not close.
I'll move the code on GitHub, just to have time.
Thanks for the review.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Andrew, il y a 5 ansThis is really handy and has a good set of options for fitting into whatever way you like to browse. You should absolutely give this a try, and open the options panel if it doesn't suit you out-of-the-box.
The one extra thing I'd like to see is an option to have settings like "ignore path" apply to particular domains only -- I'd love to be able to open four articles from the same website but reliably collapse four instances of the same web-app.
- Noté 5 sur 5par trallera1234, il y a 5 ansHey mate, nice add-on! I got the hint in the Git for Simple Tab Groups (https://github.com/drive4ik/simple-tab-groups) from an other user while asking there for a feature doing what your add-on is doing! .. and now: tataa, my problem is solved. And what i real like is the quick change of the options in the menue ... this add-on has all i need ... btw. i realy love the design! ;-) ... its a litte "ghostery "-like :-D ..