- par Yandong, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Feature request:
Don't show the badge and number when there is no duplicated tab.Sorry but from what I've seen in the API I cannot unload the button.
Another option would be to use the pageAction https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/pageAction.
But by doing this you cannot access the options unless there are duplicates tabs or if you go to the "Add-ons Manager" tab (about:addons).
It seems less convenient to use.
Thanks for the review.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14112220 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Very good but has a bug:
By applying filters for ignoring both "hash part" and "search part" it will not work for duplicate tabs that have only "hash part".
For example for the following URLs one time apply only "ignore hash part filter" and another time apply both "ignore hash part filter" and "ignore search part filter".
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13593688 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5This is super useful extension. I use it a lot.
Some suggestions for improvements:
* Allow possibility to "ignore" some open tab so it's not taken into consideration when checking for duplicates.
I had one or two situations when it would be useful (filters we not enough).
So for example when you have "duplicate tabs" list you could right click and choose "Ignore duplicate checking for this tab" (or some other better text) and this entry on "duplicate list" would get different colour or be in italic to indicate that we ignored this page. We could then click again and uncheck this option.
When tab is ignored then we don't see number that we have duplicate for it and "Close all duplicate tabs" won't close this tab.
* I have no idea what this "pin" do on different option sections ("Priority", "Filter", etc). Maybe have some hover over text that explain what it does
* Make this extension open source - this is of course you personal choice to keep it private. I just think it would be awesome and help improving this great extension even more.Your first request is something I know as I also need to duplicate tabs. :)
I'll work on something after the whitelist feature.
About the "Priority", "Filter", etc I've tried to explain this in the description of the add-on.
Filters allows to define how you want to compare the tabs.
Priority allows to define which tabs to not close.
I'll move the code on GitHub, just to have time.
Thanks for the review.
- par Andrew, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5This is really handy and has a good set of options for fitting into whatever way you like to browse. You should absolutely give this a try, and open the options panel if it doesn't suit you out-of-the-box.
The one extra thing I'd like to see is an option to have settings like "ignore path" apply to particular domains only -- I'd love to be able to open four articles from the same website but reliably collapse four instances of the same web-app.
- par trallera1234, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Hey mate, nice add-on! I got the hint in the Git for Simple Tab Groups (https://github.com/drive4ik/simple-tab-groups) from an other user while asking there for a feature doing what your add-on is doing! .. and now: tataa, my problem is solved. And what i real like is the quick change of the options in the menue ... this add-on has all i need ... btw. i realy love the design! ;-) ... its a litte "ghostery "-like :-D ..
- par Senthil Ponnusamy, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Nice add-on. Works well. A minor issue. When there are multiple pin tabs with the same URL, this add-on closes the oldest pin tab.. It need to close the latest pin tab. If you could fix this, it would be great.I cannot reproduce the problem.
In my tests, depending on the priority set "Keep newer tab/Keep older tab", the newer or older pinned is kept.
Note: the newer tab is the tab with highest id, if you refresh a tab with a lower id, it will be the newer content but still be the older tab because of its id.
Let me know if I've missed something.
Thanks for the review.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13943793 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 4 sur 5Super extension overall, but there is a bug in the settings handling for filters.
If "Ignore search part..." is set, then "Ignore hash part ..." isn't doing anything. Similarly of "Ignore path part ..." is set then the two other settings are useless.
This is due to "else if" being used in areMatchingURL function from urlUtils.js (line 24, 28). Switching this to independent ifs allows to respect all settings (and support urls having both hash and search signs.
If possible please bring a fix for this one (I can provide a pull request if the code is on some git repo).
Thanks in advance.
- par zeeonmozilla, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Love the extension! If there's any way to enable blocking multiple tabs from the same domain/subdomain (just for specific domains) that would be really really useful to me. Thanks
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13819814 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Hey ever since the latest update if you have the addon automatically close the duplicate tab and "On remaining tab" activate, this no longer works. It still closes the new duplicate tab but it no longer switches to the old one.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13522988 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Fantastic! I wish I could also remove EMPTY (blank) tabs as well beside that: reliable, perfect!Thanks for the review.
The blank tabs are not recognized by the API probably because it's an intermediate state during the tab loading so you never sure if a blank tab is a blank tab or loading tab.
I'll may add a tweak in future release.
- par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 13312508 de Firefox, il y a 3 ansNoté 5 sur 5Nice! Finally found the option to not remove tabs when duplicating in another context/container using option scope -> container.
- par walkerpb, il y a 4 ansNoté 1 sur 5It's not automatic deleting the duplicate tabs as far as I could tellHi,
I guess the option "Close tab automatically" is not selected.
Click on the "Duplicate Tab Closer" button.
In the popup panel =>click on "Options" => click on "On duplicate tab detected" => select "Close tab automatically".
As the add-on is not named "Automatic Duplicate Tabs Closer", the option to auto close the tabs is not activate by default. ;)