- Noté 4 sur 5par IAMI, il y a 4 moisIt is broken now ,the text is not saved. maybe there is a space limit.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 moisBug reports about Clippings should be submitted to the Clippings project on GitHub: https://github.com/aecreations/clippings/issues. Please provide clear steps to reproduce the issue, along with any other information that may help with troubleshooting.
- Noté 4 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17958366 de Firefox, il y a 5 moisIt is a great idea, kudos to the author, I use it daily and it saves me a tons of time. However as a constructive criticism from a fellow developer, I must say that implementations has its bugs and feels as if it was kinda half-assed. There are several obvious small issues:
1. Random spaces or empty lines in clippings are randomly added or removed. There is often an empty line missing or an extra empty line. Mainly happening in gmail on all OS (MAC, WIN10, WIN 11...). Nothing big, but surely author must have encounter this too, it's obvious and easy to reproduce, yet it was not fixed in the last 2 yrs...
2. There is no syncing, only manual/auto backup. When I use 2 firefox on 2 laptops, clippings are not synced. This is a big issue
3. UX looks like from 1997, it could use some polishing :) Ok, this one is just nitpicking, it's not a functional problem, but still :)
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 moisBug reports about Clippings should be submitted to the Clippings project on GitHub: https://github.com/aecreations/clippings/issues. Search the issues list first to confirm that your issue has not already been reported.
It is possible to sync your clippings across devices: https://aecreations.io/clippings/sync.php
- Noté 4 sur 5par Erne D, il y a un anThe add-on itself is good, however, I found out that it clears my already typed text when I paste something.
This happens on Linux, on Windows it runs perfectly fine.
- Noté 4 sur 5par alex21, il y a 2 ansNice extension! Works very well! BUT I can't sync. I using two Firefox browsers (2 different pc's) and it's impossible to sync!
I already download and install sync app, set same Dropbox folder on two pc's and I can see green icon sync is on.
But when I add new clipping on the first pc, another pc doesn't have this clipp. Literally nothing happen. Does sync option really works?
I tried sync manually on second PC but I only get this message "Updating the synced clippings folder. Click reload to continue." And nothing happen. None Clippings synced.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 2 ansYou need to trigger the sync manually from Clippings Manager on the second PC - click on the sync button next to the Synced Clippings folder. For more help, see the Sync Clippings page at https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php
If you are having further issues, please post to the AE Creations Help and Support forum: https://groups.google.com/g/aecreations-help
- Noté 4 sur 5par denb10, il y a 2 ansClippings is a very useful extension that works great.
However, I have two negative reviews (that earn it one star less):
1. The choices offered for the predefined "Formatted Date" placeholder are for English speakers only, they are not localized. This is a shame.
2. The setup of the sync clippings helper app requires administrator rights and the synchronization can only be activated by the user who installed the program. As a result, a standard user (who does not have administrator privileges) cannot synchronize his clippings. This is annoying.
Would it be possible to solve these two problems? Thank you!
- Noté 4 sur 5par ethos, il y a 3 ansThis is a very helpful addon. But it currently requires a standalone tool to realize syncing. Could firefox's built-in sync function be utilized? Thank you !
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 3 ansFirefox Sync doesn't have the ability to sync with Thunderbird. If you want to synchronize your clippings with Thunderbird or other Firefox installations, install the Sync Clippings Helper App: https://aecreations.sourceforge.io/clippings/sync.php
- Noté 4 sur 5par Thomas, il y a 4 ansVery unique and useful addon. But I have to say, what the heck is up with ALL of those permissions.. wow.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 4 ansAll those permissions are needed for Clippings to function. Go to the following page to learn more about the meaning of those permissions, and why they are needed: http://aecreations.sourceforge.net/clippings/permissions.php
- Noté 4 sur 5par Dogger, il y a 5 ansIt's a very useful addon, but three problems limit its utility once you have a large number of entries.
1. You can't sort or rearrange items,
2. It has a search window in Organize mode, but you can't search when you're trying to Insert.
3. While inserting, you only see the first fragment of an item. You should be able to see the whole thing when you hover your cursor over it.
Réponse du développeurmis en ligne : il y a 5 ansStarting with version 6.1, which was just released, reordering of clippings and folders in Clippings Manager using drag and drop will now be saved, and the ordering will be reflected in the Clippings menu.