- Noté 1 sur 5par Net_Hunter_90s, il y a 4 joursThis review is for all the users who are installing this and maybe to dev of this addon who doesnt consider firefox users or firefox browser anything anymore.
Auto Tab Discard here was updated on "Dec 17, 2022" (one can check it updates by themselves) but on chrome, (https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/auto-tab-discard-suspend/jhnleheckmknfcgijgkadoemagpecfol) and on edge (https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/auto-tab-discard-suspend/nfkkljlcjnkngcmdpcammanncbhkndfe), it was recently updated on "February 17, 2024".
The most unfortunate is that there is not a single addon that allows us to suspend or discard open tabs for firefox. Even firefox team hasnt brought in the feature of memory saver like chrome did with 120 and MS edge did with 111 versions. So, if you use this addon or not on chrome or chromium browsers, it doesnt matter since chrome inbuilt settings at "chrome://settings/performance", can manage your open tabs. But for firefox users, you are third class citizens.
This addon, in terms of usage in its current format, doesnt work, because browser usage stats via task manager and CPU noise, is as same as without this addon. Also, if you restart or open your firefox browser after some time or any time, it reloads all tabs. In chrome, with same process, it keeps those pre-suspended tabs, suspended whatsoever, until, I dont click it to activate or unsuspend.
I hope users using firefox or firefox forks like librewolf, waterfox, floorp browser or iceraven browser, will look into this and request dev to update this addon and actually make it usable with firefox 124 and forks in 2024.
In short, dev prioritizes chrome addon over firefox addon and updates chrome version only and firefox addon lacks feature and doesnt help or is unusable.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 14532424 de Firefox, il y a un anBroken, whenever a tab is discarded and i click on it it goes back to the "new tab" page as if i just opened a fresh tab, also cant go back to the tab were i was with the "Go back one page" feature (the arrow)
- Noté 1 sur 5par Utilisateur ou utilisatrice 17115531 de Firefox, il y a 2 ansPermissions: Access your data for all websites
The extension can read the content of any web page you visit as well as data you enter into those web pages, such as usernames and passwords.
"5. Certain Third Party Transactions
add0n.com may disclose personal information to third parties to provide services that involve data processing on its behalf (e.g.: advertising"
- Noté 1 sur 5par lukasramroth, il y a 3 ansSome tabs do not get recovered bot vanish when I click on them which is an absolute no go! Also I personally do not like the emojii or custom title prefix to mark sleeping tabs, the greyed out title was easier to recognize.
- Noté 1 sur 5par mondocane, il y a 3 ansUsed to work fairly good, but since the last update, tabs don't discard and I haven't changed my settings any from previous versions I used. Had to uninstall. Disappointed.
- Noté 1 sur 5par zephyr707, il y a 3 ansSwitched to a new tab to look something up while working on a new post to reddit. Previous reddit tab was discarded by Auto Tab Discard and upon return the title remained, but the text box was cleared. Absolutely unacceptable loss of time and effort that makes me question how safe this extension is to use anymore.
- Noté 1 sur 5par Heinz, il y a 4 ansI found it not very useful as it doesn't discard tabs just marks them as inactive. That however isn't the issue. Upon removal it forces you on addOn.com for feedback and opens a tab with this which I find hugely invasive and quite bad taste.