Arviot lisäosalle Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader
Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader tekijä LSD Software
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 14522916, 15 päivää sittenI'm glad this exists, before this extension I had trouble finding anything that worked. This seems to work and grab the text I want it to. The text to speech is pretty poor, it's not like newer Android that almost sounds human. It sounds VERY robotic. But, it's intelligible. And it's free. And it's available. So I appreciate its existence.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Ashley, 19 päivää sittenIt works, but it's not what I expected. I'm using Firefox for Android on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+.
In order to have text read aloud, you need to either highlight text yourself or just be on the page you want read (in its entirety, with all headings & image description text, etc) and then you trigger the add-on in the browser's vertical elipsis menu (or is it a skinny hamburger?). Then, you will be in a totally new tab with only the text from the page and a pause/play and settings button.
I was hoping the "popup" option under this addon's settings would allow me to just highlight some paragraphs I want read, for instance, long-press it and be able to choose "read aloud" or something like that. Maybe I'd even see a tiny popup once triggered with the pause/play controls or it would be in the toolbar.
I ran into the issue that I couldn't get the voice to stop talking after pressing stop, changing tabs, and even closing Firefox (had to kill Firefox manually in my phone's "app info"). It would be great to be able to hear the reading after leaving a tab, but the ability to pause & start again are obviously important as well.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Lostin, kolme kuukautta sittenIt works but HELP.
I tried changing the voice while it was going. The first few times I did this, the old voice stopped and the new one played when I hit play again. This time, nothing happened. I navigated to the page and hit the addon again. Both old & new voices started playing over each other, I pressed STOP then the new one stopped but the old one kept playing?? I closed the tab and it kept going and won't stop. :sob:
> Reading a PDF
> Oh wow it eventually stopped when it got to the end of the page or whatever, some stopping point thank God.
> I do have a lot of tabs open to be fair?
Anyway, works better than most options on Google Chrome browser. 4/5 for that alone, but please fix the never-ceasing ghost voice.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 15081822, neljä kuukautta sittenPositive:
Simple and does what it says for free.
Multiple languages and voices.
Can even recognize foreign languages automatically for whole article.
Allows to use your favorite text to speech engine (google, MS,...)
Premium is done without affecting main functionality.: As developer myself, i understand necessity for monetization. So "selling" premium voices for premium fee is understandable and it does NOT affect functionality of free version at all. No rational person can objectively complain here.
-1 start for it to be not loud enough compared to other sounds. e.g. Youtube is much louder. E.g. using "Read Aloud" to read article than watching streamed video makes video uncomfortably loud due to previous volume adjustment near silent "Read Aloud" sound.
I miss play/pause button and indication of read text on screen. It can be temporarily called out but disappears when not in focus.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 17682963, neljä kuukautta sittenExcellent Text-to-Speech tool. Very helpful when learning a foreign language. Only 4 Stars because for some reason the Firefox version contains fewer Microsoft voices than the Edge version. The Edge Microsoft voices are superior but I prefer using Firefox.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut EnergyMover, viisi kuukautta sittenUsed to be great. It severely limits the text length & can no longer right click & select speak. I found a better one, TTSFox, which in options lets me do everything I need.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 17527124, seitsemän kuukautta sittenUse to use the australian google voice, doesn't anymore. Not sure if this is a read-aloud problem or a google problem
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Firefox-käyttäjä 16987569, kahdeksan kuukautta sittenVersion 1.57.0
The add-on can no longer read texts from this page https://wikidth.net/truyen/xuyen-nhanh-phao-hoi-ty-ty-nhan-sinh/truong-ty-mot-Yl1OzsQsRGEE_0qE
It works on Chrome and Edge though.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Esteemed2801, kahdeksan kuukautta sittenWorks, but the UI could use some upgrades
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Bartek10, yhdeksän kuukautta sittenJedna z lepszych wtyczek tego typu na Firefox
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Joules, yhdeksän kuukautta sittenLove this extension, would love the Firefox version even more if I could have the UK male voice enabled. The options should be in an easier place within the UI of the tool. I want to make the reading/listening screen even bigger if I want.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut zgorg, vuosi sittenpause is not working at the end of a sentence or a paragraph
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Jupiter065, vuosi sittenWorks well if using the GoogleTranslate voices. One needed feature is a pause when going from one list item to another if there is no punctuation at the end of the list item, as there often isn't.
- Arvioitu 4/5kirjoittanut Username?, vuosi sittenit works pretty well. I just hope that they will add text highlight, as it's reading, so I know where it's reading from the website, and I can follow with my eyes. Thank you developers for making it free!