- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16868508, el hace un añoMy Firefox 108.0.1 memory usage ranges from 40-50%. Installed this app and it maxed my memory to 99%. Firefox was very unresponsive, video and scrolling choppy. Removed this app and restarted Firefox - all is well.Thanks for the feedback. I'm curious roughly how many bookmarks you have? If you have an extremely large bookmarks database (as in hundreds of thousands or millions of bookmarks), it's possible this may have an impact on Tab Stash memory usage. However, it's hard to say without more details.
I'd love to help further, please feel free to open an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/josh-berry/tab-stash/issues/new/choose
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 14579966, el hace un añoI have not even started using it, and it annoyed me. No, starting automatically on all the windows is *not* a good idea. I do detest going through all of them closing this effing thing.I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "starting automatically on all the windows", but if you're referring to the sidebar opening when you first install it, this is done by Firefox all on its own, and unfortunately is entirely outside of Tab Stash's control.
I suggest raising your concern with Mozilla instead; there's nothing I can do about it, I'm afraid.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Cyuonut, el hace un añoA fabulous extension with a very active and helpful main developer. The one star reviews should be ignored, as they are written by disgruntled people with minor problems. Like, well, in every site with star ratings.Thanks for the kind words! Happy to hear Tab Stash is working well for you.
Also happy to report that the biggest problem others have complained about recently is now fixed in the 2.12 release—no more closing too many open tabs by mistake!
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 15108451, el hace un añoLike another commenter said, you're going to lose tabs as I just lost all my tabs after using this extension for about 10 minutes. Will need hours now to recover them from history.Can you share what exactly happened that caused you to lose all your tabs? Did you click the "Close all tabs" button by mistake (like the previous commenter you mentioned) or is there another issue?
I can't really provide help in reviews, but I'd really appreciate it if you could open an issue on GitHub—it's much easier to have a discussion there, and I'd like to help if I can.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Ariana, el hace un añoAuthor is reporting unfavorable reviews to get them deleted so I'm posting my review once again, I also reported this extension as damaging because of that.
If you install this extension expect to lose tabs and never be able to recover them because for some reason this extension manages to make closed tabs impossible to recover.
Worst extension ever and It's a mystery how these extensions that actually destroy your data get recommended by Mozilla.
Not even Sidebery (which is a mess) made me actually lose tabs.
Edit: and completely unhelpful reply from the developer who also threatens to get this comment censored.I don't have permission to delete reviews, only Mozilla does. I flagged your prior review for inappropriate language and Mozilla decided to take it down. I will flag this one to Mozilla for the same reason—hyperbole and insults are not welcome here.
Constructive criticism is always welcome, even if it's accompanied by a 1-star rating. You can find plenty of examples of how to write constructive criticism in other negative reviews of Tab Stash. (Though I do wish people would reach out using the other ways of contacting me to try to resolve their problem first—I do actually read and respond to bug reports!) A lot of the improvements that have gone into Tab Stash over the years happened only because of the feedback I've gotten from users both here in reviews and on GitHub.
In fact, there is a 2-star review complaining about the exact same issue you faced, but written in a way that was respectful—perhaps you can use that as an example.
- Se valoró con 3 de 5por buergi, el hace un añoUsability wise quite complicated, this add-on mixes the concepts of tabs and bookmarks, which as such is an interesting idea, as most people use tabs as a kind of bookmark.
However, my greatest problems with the add-ons are
a) usability (I just don't understand when a tab is just hidden, when it is closed and re-opened from bookmark)
b) performance (unstashing re-opens tabs one by one which can easily take 20s for lots of tabs)
c) loss of history (actually the tab is not stashed, only the open URL)
The loss of history is my biggest problem which finally caused be to uninstall the add-on. A tab is often worthless without its history.Thanks for the feedback!
Regarding usability, you can tell if a tab is open or not based on its color—open tabs have blue text.
Regarding performance, restoring tabs one by one is actually a safety measure that was added to Tab Stash recently, as it's possible to lock up your entire computer if too many tabs are opened at once. But this is something I'm looking to fine-tune in the future.
Regarding saving of tab history, unfortunately this is not compatible with saving tabs as bookmarks (and thus syncing them between computers), since bookmarks can only contain a single URL. Tab Stash tries to work around this limitation by hiding (instead of closing) tabs by default, but this obviously doesn't preserve history when syncing between computers, nor if you close all your open windows.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Talwick, el hace un añoI really like this extension. The ability to - at a key combination - quickly stash what I'm working on for later, grouped by each event/date, is really clever! I like how it works through the bookmarks rather than trying to be a whole new system.
Sadly Firefox occasionally freezes while it is active (even though I am not doing anything with it) to such a degree that even Windows Explorer can freeze or restart (task manager can't open) and this is on a reasonably powerful gaming laptop.
EDIT: I've reinstalled this extension and everything seems to be fine after a few days. Perhaps I had installed something else at the time causing the freezing. Thanks again Josh for this great extension!Thanks for the review and sorry to hear about the freezing—it's highly unusual/unlikely that Tab Stash would cause your whole computer to freeze periodically, but I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you further.
Please feel free to open an issue on GitHub if you'd like me to look into it! The more detail you can share about your setup, when the freezes happen, how long they last, etc. the better.
- Se valoró con 2 de 5por mercc, el hace un añoI wish there was a confirmation before closing tabs. I accidentally closed my 100+ tabs I was hoping to organize with a misclick, and was unable to restore them. I will not be using this add-on in future.