- Se valoró con 5 de 5por decembre, el hace 2 añosA little touchy to install it for a newbie like me...
But once you follow the instructions given, it work like a charm!
Thanks a lot from a Waterfox Classic user.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por rado84, el hace 2 añosAWESOME! I wanted such an extension for a long time! The best part? It supports Linux, unlike some other similar extensions! :D
This extension has a HUGE potential! I just added SMPlayer to watch YT vids in it and damn - it works! :D :D
- Se valoró con 4 de 5por maxy, el hace 2 añosUseful to run commands like mpv or yt-dlp. I've quickly reviewed parts of the source code, looks fine.
For the above commands, best practice is to add "--" as the last argument. (Maybe not a real concern, because the URL is passed as a single argument and probably cannot start with "-", but just in case.)
(Update 2023-12: Keeps working for me, for years, without maintenance.
Intitial setup was a hassle, but it's much easier than when I wrote my own private extension for the same purpose. Firefox keeps deactivating that one all the time, because apparently I shouldn't trust my own code, lol.)
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por PeaceByJesus.net, el hace 3 añosDoes not work in Quantum: instructions are poor and following a tutorial for installing the two additional files still results in failure. Sorry.
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16748986, el hace 3 añosI kept checking back to the reviews in hopes of more info on the installation of "open with", and there it was. I put open_with_windows.py in my Windows\system32......opened a command prompt, which opened in the Windows\system32 folder, and ran the open_with_windows.py install, and that was it for me. I ran test installation in my Browser and Thunderbird, and it showed, "Found version 7.2.3 at C:\Windows\System32\open_with_windows.py." I then edited the order of my four Browsers, with Firefox on top.
Thanks to all the reviews with the help, and thanks to the the Author of this addon!!
- Se valoró con 5 de 5por Cosmic_Annihilation, el hace 3 añosAmazing addon! I'm only missing the ability to select multiple tabs and open them on the chosen browser, instead of doing it manually for each tab! There's an open issue on the github repo asking for this already, just in case other users would like to show their interest on this feature.
- Se valoró con 1 de 5por Usuario de Firefox 16179708, el hace 4 añosSorry, this add-on has served me well in the past, but now it completely stopped working on Firefox (clicking the browser icons does nothing, and sometimes it the menu also displays the message "Open With can't connect to the outside world"). I of course would prefer to get support fixing this rather than leaving a low rating, but there doesn't seem to be any realistic way to request help.