- by Firefox user 13946381, 7 months agoRated 3 out of 5Anda bastante bien la velocidad de conexion para Argentina es limitada. Lo tedioso es la propaganda a cada rato para que lo compres se pone insoportable por eso la voy a desinstalar.
- by Firefox user 15030449, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Starting with Firefox 70 or so Smart Locations stopped working. Now it's either on or off (even though visual cues show old behavior - actual traffic won't be routed). This function is the only one why I chose ZenMate specifically. Please fix it.
- by Firefox user 15211568, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5The addon was deleted, but I still receive disturbing events. I have to delete addon after it starts showing me its status as "turned on" and open endless set of tabs with content I don't need. And some Deep Packet Inspection software able to distinct the traffic and deny it.
- by Firefox user 12876081, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Zen off - still in UK for services. Also need to turn on for Smart Location to work.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi there! Thanks for your review.
We currently have Ultimate and Premium subscriptions, as well as a limited free version. You can learn more about the differences here: https://zenguard.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201711352-What-are-the-differences-between-an-Ultimate-Premium-and-a-free-account-
If you are having speed issues, please check out our related support page here: https://zenguard.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201259161-Does-ZenMate-VPN-slow-down-my-Internet-connection-
If the issues persist, you can always contact our support team. We'd be happy to help.
- by Alexander, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5DISASTROUS SECURITY ISSUE
Win7x64, FF 60 & 61b (ZenMate 6.2.4) / 52esr (5.10.4), plugins turned off, webrtc disabled, dns over proxy, otherwise fresh profile.
Deceptively claims to be always on when at least for a few seconds after browser startup it's not. During that time the icon appears to be blue and it's not just a visual glitch, ZM is actually inactive. If you open an IP-checking page within those 3 seconds it will show your real IP address. This affects restarting as well. In ff52 it's barely noticeable as the addon seems to load instantly but still present.
And while I'm at it I should mention another issue, an annoying inconvenience that has been there for years (the above one could be too, I just hadn't noticed it before). If for some reason Firefox struggles to load a page, ALL connections get halted until I manually stop the attempt, even then it might require a restart. Also the connection may end if iddle for a while, but this time changing location does the job.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello there!
Thank you for the elaborate feedback.
Please note that the blue icon indicates that you are not logged into your ZenMate account. To do so, you just need to left-click on the icon and the signup page will open. On this page, in the top-right corner, you should see a login button and after introducing the email and password linked to your ZenMate account, the icon will turn green. Your browser is now fully protected.
We kindly ask you to not to log out from the extension when you do not want to use it but simply use the on/off button you see at the bottom of the menu. This way, you should not see a blue icon, but either grey (inactive) or green (active).
About the second issue you described, it seems like a speed issue - this would explain why it works with changing locations -, however, it might also be related to the fact that the website does not work with the specific location/IP you have during the session and it works with another one. Unfortunately, it is hard to troubleshoot this issue here with the information provided. Thanks for your understanding.
Enjoy using ZenMate and feel free to contact us again for any question, suggestion, or problem you may have in the future. You can also check our support page for useful information on all of our products: https://support.zenmate.com/hc/en-us
Best wishes from your ZenMate team.