- by Sky, 23 days agoRated 5 out of 5Best Speed Dial. But I have a few ideas.
1. The icons of some sites are cropped too much. (Linkedin for example);
For some sites does not generate the most suitable icon (for example, google main page or translator)
2. It would be nice to be able to adjust the distance between tabs and their size; including, depending on the availability of titles.
Thank you! I've been trying to find speed dial like in opera for a long time.
- by dinara57, a month agoRated 5 out of 5Simple and functional speed dial, free and open source.
I was able to "import" all my speed dials from Opera using Library-Bookmarks. It's a bit tricky but can be done by copy-paste.
Latest version supports drag and drop between folders in the dial. One thing that needs improvement would be to make it more clear which folder is currently displayed.
- by Firefox user 10266452, 2 months agoRated 5 out of 5Simple, specific, private, and does exactly the specific job you need. Don't download any of those other data farming new tab extensions, just get this open source one.
- by Ysengrimus, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5Migrated to this extension from Speed Dial 2 after I discovered that SP2 has a serious privacy problems. Really happy that YASP saves bookmarks in browser and uses local disk for tabs thumbnails - no migration and privacy problems due to this. And yeah, that all is absolutely free!
I really miss only one feature from SP2 - popup list of last visited sites. IMO this is a very useful thing. Also I would like to have an option to remove addon's entry from right-click menu. Options of customizing fonts and changing size of thumbnails would be nice too, but I can live without this.
- by smir_ant, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Лучшее расширение. Я считаю именно так должен выглядеть стартовый экран, а эти отстойный Top Sites и Highlits бесполезные.
- Синхронизация через инструменты закладок и ты не потеряешь это, не надо импортировать или экспрортировать данные.
- Проект с открытым исходным кодом, спойнее становится по поводу приватности.
- Автоматически генерирует красивые картиночки, но если что-то не нравится можешь поставить свою.
- Супер, ну просто мега простой интерфейс, можно отключить всё лишнее.
- Поддерживает папки.
- Бесплатно, абсолютно бесплатно и без отслеживания - мечта, и это то что я искал.
Спасибо, ребят, вы классные <3
Я уж думал придется стандартными неудобными функциями пользоваться.
- by MC, 6 months agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent !!!
slight redesign of UI from an UI specialist:
- allow creating folders, changing image/icon and re-arranging them the same way links are
- display a clickable path on top
- on/off checkbox list for widgets like the clock and the path
- allowing save/load (for exporting) in JSON format or CSV
- +/- or input field in settings for font size and object sizes, also for inter object space, in rem units (proportion out of the width of the window) thus keeping dynamic and proportional aspect
I would pay for this extension if it can become a professional tool
Developer responseposted 6 months agothanks for the great feedback!! i develop this in my spare time so it's nice to know others find it as useful as i do :) some of these items are in development (object and spacing size, import and export, folder sorting and folder drag and drop). i try to balance having too many features with keeping it fast, simple and effective at what it does. hop onto github if you're able ;)
- by Firefox user 12568061, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Does basically everything I wanted--and looks great while doing it!
YASD doesn't overwhelm you with options, it doesn't hoover up your personal data, and it lets you tweak everything you'd care about, including allowing your own thumbnails for the dials.
The developer is also super quick to respond to any problems you encounter! If you're not happy with the other speed dials, or if you happen to think Opera did a great job with its own, then check out this one.
- by Firefox user 15166984, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5Pretty sweet. I like how it centers the rows but would be nice to have an option to limit the number of vertical rows instead of them filling all available space. In terms of speed, it's probably the fastest I've tried. CPU usage takes a little hit when idling on the tab - about 2% on my system.
- by QaldeK, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Best speed dial i found:
- free and open source
- support folders
- fast and clean
Feature request :
- change the default bookmark folder
- customization (text size for folders, and why not (little) thumbnails for folders, from internet or upload)
- thumbnails from internet image search (for some logos)
- by Alexander Bocharov, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It's a nice speed-dial extension: looks neat, no ads and no useless features, gets the job done.
Feature request: be able to upload images for previews via url
- by Wil Gaboury, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Beautiful interface, fast load times, and very clear and clean codebase. I used some of the image gathering code as a reference in my own speed dial plugin. Great work!