- by Desert Catmom, 9 days agoRated 5 out of 5Used this add-on as a replacement for FDV Speed-Dial as that add-on was using too much CPU time. I check the stuff that runs on FF regularly by using the about:performance comment and noticed that FDV was using way too much resource for what its supposed to do. I suspect this is why Mozilla banned it.
So far this add-on works great and has all the feature I like. Being able to customize just about everything it makes my favorite links very handy. A thank you to the developer of this. I am a retired Network Engineer and know how much time and energy can be spent on code. I will send a donation thru PP. Thanks..
- by ilike2win, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Very basic but practical speed dial. Wish you had the ability to control the size of the dials, dial spacing (or max columns) and also hide the "+" for adding new dials. Control over margins and align of dials to top (vs middle) would also be welcome additions.
EDIT: Thanks for your reply. I see the settings for max columns and hiding of the "+". The ability to scale the dials (either manually or preset) would also be cool ;-) Thanks again for your responsiveness!
- by Guiluge, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5I've been a looong time Opera / Vivaldi user (20+ years or so), and I always miss the Speed Dial feature these browsers can offer.
YASD is quite amazing, though :
- superb & clean UI
- seamless syncing between devices
Keep up the good work, your extension is really the best out there.
One question : do you plan to provide an Android version ?
It would be a big asset ;)
- by Sky, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Best Speed Dial. But I have a few ideas.
1. The icons of some sites are cropped too much. (Linkedin for example);
For some sites does not generate the most suitable icon (for example, google main page or translator)
2. It would be nice to be able to adjust the distance between tabs and their size; including, depending on the availability of titles.
Thank you! I've been trying to find speed dial like in opera for a long time.
- by Firefox user 10266452, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simple, specific, private, and does exactly the specific job you need. Don't download any of those other data farming new tab extensions, just get this open source one.
- by Ysengrimus, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Migrated to this extension from Speed Dial 2 after I discovered that SP2 has a serious privacy problems. Really happy that YASP saves bookmarks in browser and uses local disk for tabs thumbnails - no migration and privacy problems due to this. And yeah, that all is absolutely free!
I really miss only one feature from SP2 - popup list of last visited sites. IMO this is a very useful thing. Also I would like to have an option to remove addon's entry from right-click menu. Options of customizing fonts and changing size of thumbnails would be nice too, but I can live without this.
- by smir_ant, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Лучшее расширение. Я считаю именно так должен выглядеть стартовый экран, а эти отстойный Top Sites и Highlits бесполезные.
- Синхронизация через инструменты закладок и ты не потеряешь это, не надо импортировать или экспрортировать данные.
- Проект с открытым исходным кодом, спойнее становится по поводу приватности.
- Автоматически генерирует красивые картиночки, но если что-то не нравится можешь поставить свою.
- Супер, ну просто мега простой интерфейс, можно отключить всё лишнее.
- Поддерживает папки.
- Бесплатно, абсолютно бесплатно и без отслеживания - мечта, и это то что я искал.
Спасибо, ребят, вы классные <3
Я уж думал придется стандартными неудобными функциями пользоваться.
- by MC, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent !!!
slight redesign of UI from an UI specialist:
- allow creating folders, changing image/icon and re-arranging them the same way links are
- display a clickable path on top
- on/off checkbox list for widgets like the clock and the path
- allowing save/load (for exporting) in JSON format or CSV
- +/- or input field in settings for font size and object sizes, also for inter object space, in rem units (proportion out of the width of the window) thus keeping dynamic and proportional aspect
I would pay for this extension if it can become a professional tool
Developer responseposted a year agothanks for the great feedback!! i develop this in my spare time so it's nice to know others find it as useful as i do :) some of these items are in development (object and spacing size, import and export, folder sorting and folder drag and drop). i try to balance having too many features with keeping it fast, simple and effective at what it does. hop onto github if you're able ;)
- by Firefox user 12568061, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does basically everything I wanted--and looks great while doing it!
YASD doesn't overwhelm you with options, it doesn't hoover up your personal data, and it lets you tweak everything you'd care about, including allowing your own thumbnails for the dials.
The developer is also super quick to respond to any problems you encounter! If you're not happy with the other speed dials, or if you happen to think Opera did a great job with its own, then check out this one.