- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17258383, a year agoFeatures of this add-on is amazing! But what about sync\backup option???thanks! speed dials are just bookmarks so you can sync and back them up with your browser. starting with version 2.1 YASD settings can also be imported and exported from the settings menu
- Rated 3 out of 5by Julien from Canada, a year agoIt's a good enough speed dialer, but I wish there would be more customization options. I'm no boomer, but for me, the folder tab's labels are too small for fast clicking. Also, this ad-don keeps putting itself as default new tab and homepage even when not chosen in the settings . This is really annoying. I like that it automatically add Icons for any website because it can be a painful process in other speeddialers
Developer responseposted 3 months agoYASD will only be enabled as the new tab / homepage setting during install; if something is changing this setting afterwards it sounds like another extension or a browser issue. As for customizations, YASD aims to be fast and efficient so I am quite selective about what options become customizable, but each release brings a few more :)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 17183737, a year agoHi! I like everything, but I can't find how to put a search bar, it's not there no matter where I search.
Developer responseposted 3 months agothere isn't an explicit search bar, but the regular browser search (Ctrl+F) works for the speed dial too
- Rated 5 out of 5by ilike2win, a year agoVery basic but practical speed dial. Wish you had the ability to control the size of the dials, dial spacing (or max columns) and also hide the "+" for adding new dials. Control over margins and align of dials to top (vs middle) would also be welcome additions.
EDIT: Thanks for your reply. I see the settings for max columns and hiding of the "+". The ability to scale the dials (either manually or preset) would also be cool ;-) Thanks again for your responsiveness!thanks for the review! you can control these in the settings (click the gear at the top right)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Shaowow, a year agoMy favourite speed dial extension my only criticism for it would be more options for wallpaper cropping
- Rated 4 out of 5by Alexander Olenich, a year agoThat's a really good add-on with a clear interface. However I'd like to be able to scale my dials, please. They are too large for me. I'd also prefer to align the dials in last row left instead center. Another question is dial images syncing. I have custom logos there and it's a quite annoying to update all the stuff manually on three computers. Otherwise I'm totally happy with neat look of this add-on.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Lichtenbolt, a year agoAll is as described, unbeatable for my needs. Thankyou conceptualspace.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12618564, a year agoVery good speed dial but there are things that are missing for me.
1. No option to resize dials, change number of columns or change dials alignment(Right know they are in center but i would like them to be more on top)
2. When using images with transparent background then there no dial borders.
3. No option to launch a new tab in background
Thank You!! for ur effort making this addon.Thanks for the feedback! To answer your questions:
1. You can change the number of columns in settings under "Max Columns"
2. This was by design, which is meant to be minimalist
3. You can open dials in background tabs by middle-clicking them
You can also follow YASD development on its github page: https://github.com/conceptualspace/yet-another-speed-dial
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13944793, a year agoOuch! YASD overwrote my Homepage which was a carefully curated list of ~ 20 custom URLs ... which I had not saved in my favorites :-(
Did I miss a warning that this would happen? If not, please add a warning during installation if possibleTry changing the homepage setting by going to Preferences -> Homepage. If you can't find the URLs there, check prefs.js in your profile folder. Unfortunately Firefox may overwrite this setting even without an extension (such as on update) so it is indeed better to use favorites instead of the text field :(
There isn't an explicit warning on install because the purpose of the speed dial is to change those pages, but I will try to make it clearer in the description. Thanks for the suggestion!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Guiluge, a year agoI've been a looong time Opera / Vivaldi user (20+ years or so), and I always miss the Speed Dial feature these browsers can offer.
YASD is quite amazing, though :
- superb & clean UI
- seamless syncing between devices
Keep up the good work, your extension is really the best out there.
One question : do you plan to provide an Android version ?
It would be a big asset ;)
Guilugethanks! i'd love to be able to release it for android but unfortunately firefox no longer allows new extensions on mobile. hopefully one day this will change
- Rated 4 out of 5by ScootyPuffJr, 2 years agoVery good but please make an option to toggle the "Add to Speed Dial" context menu item as it's pretty annoying when you miss-click and end up with a random site in your Speed Dial lol. Cheers!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 5926074, 2 years agoIt seems simple and easy to use, but I can't switch because it doesn't have a backup function.
Do you have any plans for that?Yes! Under the hood, YASD speed dials are just bookmarks, so all you have to do to back them up is export your firefox bookmarks (Main Menu > Show Bookmarks Manager > Export Bookmarks), or enable Bookmarks and Extensions in Firefox Sync. Since v2.1 you can backup and restore your YASD images and settings from the settings menu under Import & Export
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sky, 2 years agoBest Speed Dial. But I have a few ideas.
1. The icons of some sites are cropped too much. (Linkedin for example);
For some sites does not generate the most suitable icon (for example, google main page or translator)
2. It would be nice to be able to adjust the distance between tabs and their size; including, depending on the availability of titles.
Thank you! I've been trying to find speed dial like in opera for a long time.thanks for the feedback! more size options are coming in the next release :D
- Rated 5 out of 5by Oliver, 2 years agoEverything I needed as a user switching from Opera to Firefox.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 10266452, 2 years agoSimple, specific, private, and does exactly the specific job you need. Don't download any of those other data farming new tab extensions, just get this open source one.
- Rated 4 out of 5by veganpete, 2 years agoIt's good but as a speed dial, it's not really so speedy. The 2 main problems which need fixing are:
1- It allows you to create new folders - but offers no way to move dials to new folders/groups. Added dials are automatically saved to the main dial, you can't drag them to a new group (basically, if you want groups/folders, you're going to have to manually type all the URL).
2- New dials are added to the top of the main dial - this means you have to scroll down further and further through hordes of sites to get to your favourites/most-used - or manually re-arrange the dials every time you add new ones.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThanks for the feedback! Both suggestions have been implemented in version 1.14:
1 - Dials can now be drag and dropped between folders. You can also add new dials directly to a folder simply by bookmarking the site and choosing the subfolder
2 - The default sorting algorithm is now the one you suggested -- new dials appear last. The old sorting can be enabled in the settings (sometimes new dials first is preferable, for example when using YASD as a bookmarks manager it's better having recent dials at the top)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Ysengrimus, 2 years agoMigrated to this extension from Speed Dial 2 after I discovered that SP2 has a serious privacy problems. Really happy that YASP saves bookmarks in browser and uses local disk for tabs thumbnails - no migration and privacy problems due to this. And yeah, that all is absolutely free!
I really miss only one feature from SP2 - popup list of last visited sites. IMO this is a very useful thing. Also I would like to have an option to remove addon's entry from right-click menu. Options of customizing fonts and changing size of thumbnails would be nice too, but I can live without this.