- by Sky, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5Best Speed Dial. But I have a few ideas.
1. The icons of some sites are cropped too much. (Linkedin for example);
For some sites does not generate the most suitable icon (for example, google main page or translator)
2. It would be nice to be able to adjust the distance between tabs and their size; including, depending on the availability of titles.
Thank you! I've been trying to find speed dial like in opera for a long time.
- by Firefox user 10266452, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Simple, specific, private, and does exactly the specific job you need. Don't download any of those other data farming new tab extensions, just get this open source one.
- by veganpete, a year agoRated 4 out of 5It's good but as a speed dial, it's not really so speedy. The 2 main problems which need fixing are:
1- It allows you to create new folders - but offers no way to move dials to new folders/groups. Added dials are automatically saved to the main dial, you can't drag them to a new group (basically, if you want groups/folders, you're going to have to manually type all the URL).
2- New dials are added to the top of the main dial - this means you have to scroll down further and further through hordes of sites to get to your favourites/most-used - or manually re-arrange the dials every time you add new ones.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThanks for the feedback! Both suggestions have been implemented in version 1.14:
1 - Dials can now be drag and dropped between folders. You can also add new dials directly to a folder simply by bookmarking the site and choosing the subfolder
2 - The default sorting algorithm is now the one you suggested -- new dials appear last. The old sorting can be enabled in the settings (sometimes new dials first is preferable, for example when using YASD as a bookmarks manager it's better having recent dials at the top)
- by Ysengrimus, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Migrated to this extension from Speed Dial 2 after I discovered that SP2 has a serious privacy problems. Really happy that YASP saves bookmarks in browser and uses local disk for tabs thumbnails - no migration and privacy problems due to this. And yeah, that all is absolutely free!
I really miss only one feature from SP2 - popup list of last visited sites. IMO this is a very useful thing. Also I would like to have an option to remove addon's entry from right-click menu. Options of customizing fonts and changing size of thumbnails would be nice too, but I can live without this.
- by Firefox user 16132219, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I quite like this, but strangely, every so often it seems to jumble the bookmark tile titles with URLs, which is both odd and frustrating.. Also, as someone else noted, you can create sub-folders to group bookmarks, but you can't drag bookmarks to them, or create new bookmarks in them... So.. starting to go off it a bit...
Update: notified these bugs have been addressed, thanks for addressing this. I'll give it a go :o)
Update 2: Well, currently running v1.14.7 on FF v.90, and have just logged in to find half my tiles have the same name... Again. However, "drag shortcuts to folder" seems to work. It's getting there... :o)
- by Firefox user 16831018, a year agoRated 4 out of 5really a very good extension!
I was looking for a simple favorites launcher to replace the Firefox "most visited sites" page and I was desperate to find my happiness after trying apps like Papaly or Raindrop.io ... Too messy, slow, requires an account .. .
I hope this extension will be followed for a very long time, it deserves it, and above all we must keep a simple and light style ^^
Some points of improvement:
- Choice for a 24 hour clock format.
- Possibility to choose a format of square thumbnails for big icons.
- Choice for launch in a new tab or not.
- a link in the settings for donations.
Very good work
- by smir_ant, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Лучшее расширение. Я считаю именно так должен выглядеть стартовый экран, а эти отстойный Top Sites и Highlits бесполезные.
- Синхронизация через инструменты закладок и ты не потеряешь это, не надо импортировать или экспрортировать данные.
- Проект с открытым исходным кодом, спойнее становится по поводу приватности.
- Автоматически генерирует красивые картиночки, но если что-то не нравится можешь поставить свою.
- Супер, ну просто мега простой интерфейс, можно отключить всё лишнее.
- Поддерживает папки.
- Бесплатно, абсолютно бесплатно и без отслеживания - мечта, и это то что я искал.
Спасибо, ребят, вы классные <3
Я уж думал придется стандартными неудобными функциями пользоваться.
- by MC, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent !!!
slight redesign of UI from an UI specialist:
- allow creating folders, changing image/icon and re-arranging them the same way links are
- display a clickable path on top
- on/off checkbox list for widgets like the clock and the path
- allowing save/load (for exporting) in JSON format or CSV
- +/- or input field in settings for font size and object sizes, also for inter object space, in rem units (proportion out of the width of the window) thus keeping dynamic and proportional aspect
I would pay for this extension if it can become a professional toolthanks for the great feedback!! i develop this in my spare time so it's nice to know others find it as useful as i do :) some of these items are in development (object and spacing size, import and export, folder sorting and folder drag and drop). i try to balance having too many features with keeping it fast, simple and effective at what it does. hop onto github if you're able ;)
- by Firefox user 12568061, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does basically everything I wanted--and looks great while doing it!
YASD doesn't overwhelm you with options, it doesn't hoover up your personal data, and it lets you tweak everything you'd care about, including allowing your own thumbnails for the dials.
The developer is also super quick to respond to any problems you encounter! If you're not happy with the other speed dials, or if you happen to think Opera did a great job with its own, then check out this one.
- by Firefox user 15166984, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Pretty sweet. I like how it centers the rows but would be nice to have an option to limit the number of vertical rows instead of them filling all available space. In terms of speed, it's probably the fastest I've tried. CPU usage takes a little hit when idling on the tab - about 2% on my system.
- by ganeshmicro, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5This speed dial extension is nice and has minimalist design. It would be better if the icons are smaller and give option to chose display picture for each website as like in Opera browser.
- by QaldeK, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Best speed dial i found:
- free and open source
- support folders
- fast and clean
Feature request :
- change the default bookmark folder
- customization (text size for folders, and why not (little) thumbnails for folders, from internet or upload)
- thumbnails from internet image search (for some logos)
- by Alexander Bocharov, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5It's a nice speed-dial extension: looks neat, no ads and no useless features, gets the job done.
Feature request: be able to upload images for previews via url
- by Simpetus, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5The addon is great, but it seems there is no way to put dials into new folder by dragging them on it. Will change to 5 starts when it will be solved.