- by Firefox user 14385381, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Recently my usual addon crapped itself thanks to FF update, so I desperately wanted to like this one - and it is indeed very neat and simple. However, this was also my experience: installed it, played around for 30 mins to make it look and feel as I want to - screenshot of a webpage stopped working after the 2nd website I put there (out of total of 15 dials). No big deal. Tried refreshing restarting nothing happened. In the end tried to use the refresh dial screenshot option - which for some reason made my currently visible dial screenshots disappear. I tried to refresh 5-6 dials at the same time, which resulted in instability had to forcefully close FF. And after that the addon died. All i see is a black screen, even after I reinstalled the addon. The new tab is just blank with no options or things to click on. Real shame as this is all I want in a dialer - to be simple and quick!
- by Firefox user 13927830, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I tried out quite a few speed dial extensions to replace the one that comes by default. I didn't feel the others were properly set up in regards to simplicity and the right customization. This one tackles the things a user is looking for. You can add your own thumbnails, create folders, upload folder thumbnails, add your own background, add different tabs, and most importantly, you have an easy way to add or edit a bookmark. That last simple task is not always as straight forward in other speed dials I tried out. This extension gives you a lot of control.
The reason I am giving this 3 stars is because there are very obvious bugs which were not yet handled. For example, if you have more than two rows of bookmarks, you cannot always scroll down to see them. If you open the settings or theme editor, the bookmarks shift down. And there are plenty others I am catching like spacebar not working after a right click. This plugin has great promise and has a great way of organizing its usability, but to give a fair review, the bugs do need to be taken more seriously.
- by DerekP, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5This is quite slick, with lots of options, and i would have given it 4 stars but:
2. Why not just use Firefox's in-built sync? Quick Dial simply uses Firefox's bookmarks.
3. Tab loading is a bit slow. 0.1 seconds appears to be the minimum and when you scroll down the effect is pretty - but too slow.
Custom search and even multiple search (rather than in the settings, have the provider selectable on the page.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this extension. It has polish and promise.
I don't use the built in sync functionality because you just can't know when it's effectively syncing or not. You can find yourself making modifications, closing Firefox and nothing synced... So I ended up creating my own system for better reliability.
You can set the animation delay to 0 so they all appears at the same time or completely turn off animation
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions and I hope you will enjoy this extension! :)