- by Firefox user 12643979, 5 months agoRated 4 out of 5Using it for the first time and like it so far.Pity you don't propose to change web pages in pdf upstream. If you plan to do it let us know. Thank you. XL
- by Reijo Koskela, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Installs on Firefox and Chrome. Saved to Google Bookmarks: if I use several Google accounts in Firefox and Chrome, this uses the one I signed in GMAIL?? // WHERE IS A PROPER SUPPORT SITE ???
I did not get this working at all in Firefox, although I have signed in Gmail. Perhaps it is because I have installed also these HighLighters?: Diigo and WiredMarker.
Yawas is in my Firefox right-click menu when I select text, and when I select a color the text gets a color for a fraction of a second only and then it remains un-highlighted!
I am not using PDF feature, I disabled it, the problem is at normal websites, like google main page www.google.fi
Diigo and WiredMarker highlighter addons works fine at websites Yawas Firefox does not work at all for me.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoI checked again today on my Firefox 60.0.2 (64-bit) Mac OS and it works but only if you're signed in to Google. Try opening another tab, sign in to Gmail for example, then go back to the tab you wanted to highlight and reload the page. Then you should be able to highlight that page. Then it should work on all new pages you visit (but reload the tabs you had opened before you signed in, because Yawas uses the presence of a cookie to know if it can store your highlights in Google Bookmarks).
- by osama_naguib, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good extension, require some bug fixes, such as it handles all pdf files without your consent, even when you uncheck the "use Yawas to view pdf documents" and clicking "save", it stops temporarily from handling the pdf files, but afterward it starts to handle it again.
- by Joe, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5I've been using this add-on for a couple of days now and find it great. It does what it says, but there are a couple of things that need to be worked out.
1) Even though the add-on show that the Yawas PDF viewer was off, it actual was used when I view a PDF in Firefox. It was an easy fix. I went the add-ons, click the PDF viewer on, the immediately clicked it back off, and that solved the problem.
2) The issue with number one above would have been okay, except that I needed to save to document to my desktop. When I clicked on the save in the PDF, being viewed in the Yawas PDF viewer, the document was never saved or printed.
3) I suggest a way to be able to change the colors of the highlighter. A few of the colors assigned are really not very useful.
Other than these minor issues, I feel that In can recommend this add-on.