- by alfio , 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Impossible to use. Continuously changes directory and I have not been able to make it stop. Tried to have it give a title to each file to no use. When I try to view the pages saved it tells meat the backend server is not configured but I am not using a backend server. I understand that it is not meant to replace Scrapbook but it has to be made simple to use otherwise it is of no use.
After the reply I have been able to set it up. Maybe it is just a lot different from Scrapbook and maybe it does a lot more but what I needed was a replacement for scrapbook which was simple to use.
I do not know what is the point to have a backend server to store web pages but perhaps someone has a need for that; the programs insists of storing the pages (before I had it incorrectly setup as storing each page in a different directory so it was continuously creating directories but it was my fault) in "the download directory"\scrapbook but the problem with me lies in using the "download directory" instead of allowing me to select a different one as for the original scrapbook so as to keep separate the download directory and the scrapbook directory.
The pages seem to be saved correctly but it really needed to have a sidebar where all the pages could be accessed from the browser instead of using a folder in windows (maybe there is a way to set ip this way but I have not been able to do it).
I cannot fault the program since now that it is setup it works but it is not a Scrapbook replacement since it is very different, maybe you should use a name as "savewebpages" instead. Based on this I reviewed the rating but if you could implement the changes, allow a directory different form "download directory" like Z:\_whatever\ and see the files on a sidebar you would get more. Please keep it simple.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThank you for the feedback.
Viewing the "scrapbook" (which lists saved pages in the sidebar) requires a backend server, that's why the error message appear when you attempt to open the sidebar without backend server configured. For more information you can visit the three principal approaches of using WebScrapBook (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/Intro#three-principal-approaches) and FAQ (https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/FAQ) in our documentation wiki.
I really don't get “Continuously changes directory and I have not been able to make it stop. Tried to have it give a title to each file to no use.”, it may be needed to stated more clear for us to know about the situation you encounter.
Seems the comment has been updated. Unfortunately this comment page is designed to comment for other users, not for the developer, and we are not notified when a comment has been updated. For a better discussion please raise an issue in the source repository, as the about page says.
Basically all points in the revised comment are already covered in the docs provided above:
1. Sidebar management IS supported. It's just that a backend server is required. This should be clear in the about page, the screenshots, and the docs.
2. Saving captures to any directory is restricted by the browser. There are basiclally three ways to workaround:
(1) Save capture as single file, and configure the browser to ask location for every download.
(2) Create a symbolic link
(3) Use backend server
For more details read the FAQ page.
It's currently not possible to keep it even simpler due to the browser restrictions, unfortunately.
- by Firefox user 15701690, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Just for capture web page, the backend server configuration is too hard for me, need to enter in the cmd windows, doawnload files, configure server...
i just want to capture web pages and store them in local files.
when i open scrapbook, i can do nothing, when i try to capture page, i have some messages like "Fatal error: frameSrc is undefined" or
"Unexpected error: boundAccess.deferred is undefined".
I am disappointed and incompetent for this extension.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoThank you for the feedback. The backend server is optional you can capture the web page to the local device by default instead. As for the error, it should not happen in the latest official Firefox browser. Could you provide the browser version, the web page URL you tried to capture, and how you performed the capture?
- by nicopopo, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Windows search refuses to index html documents captured with WebScrapBook unless you remove everything besides text (images, fonts, styles,scripts). I think too much crap is being collected.
- by Korwin, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5В Firefox 64.0b7 x64 в Windows 10 исправно сохраняет вебстраницы в оба архивных формата, распаковываемые архиватором 7-zip. Но, в отличие от устаревшего "Mozilla Archive Format, with MHT and Faithful Save", "Web ScrapBook" не добавляет в Firefox поддержку этих форматов. При попытке открыть в браузере неизменно появляется приглашение сохранить открываемый файл на диск. Не открывает их и Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.2580.14393.0. Сомнительная полезность дополнения, сохраняющего документы в форматы, которые нельзя непосредственно просмотреть.Open HTZ/MAFF directly in Firefox is not possible using the WebExtension framework only. Workarounds are available here: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/View.
- by Firefox user 14171754, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Works fine in my Linux box. Failed trying to convert old Scrapbook data in Windows (in fairness, that data may be corrupted).
Does not work in Windows, starts to save, then produces two error messages in window to small too contain them, and windows closes before I can enlarge or even read part of it. I think problem may be that I am using a default download directory of F:\DL, although that is where the .zip file was saved when I tried to convert legacy Scrapbook.
Roger CIf you were not running the site indexer to import the data from legacy ScrapBook please follow the instruction at: https://github.com/danny0838/webscrapbook/wiki/Import. If you followed it and it still doesn't work, please raise an issue in the source repo with more details so that we could investigate further.
- by QDinar, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5i tried to save a page, but i cannot find where it is saved. i cannot find where is WebScrapBook folder. it is not in firefox profile, it is not in documents, it is not in scrapbook x folder. "Save captured data in ScrapBook" is checked, as it was initially. after several hours: i have found it, it is in the folder where files are saved by firefox built-in saving. then after several minutes: i have chosen save images as current. i have adblock plus installed. i would like to save as page looks with adblock plus. but web scrapbook saves images which are blocked by adblock plus.
- by Firefox user 13540500, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5可以瀏覽以前儲存的資料嗎？
另外，強烈譴責 mozilla.org ！好好的一堆工具硬生生停用，沒有任何相容措施（至少讓用戶選擇保留沒問題的工具），罔顧客戶使用體驗與權益！！