- by frosty, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5had to finally switch to tampermonkey. i migrated from greasemonkey following the user script breakage after their 4th version update, now it seems that violentmonkey followed suit, resulting in many scripts not functioning anymore.
also their privacy statement gave me the creeps..
- by Firefox user 13532323, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5They are collecting "certain personally identifiable information" and moreover:
"We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used."
This kind of behaviour is unacceptable for any privacy conscious person. If you want to collect any user data you should make it opt-in. Most Firefox users care about their privacy - that's the prime reason they use it.
- by Firefox user 13230603, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5Such a shame the privacy policies of this otherwise great addon. But it´s a nice lesson of how open source doesnt mean private. This addon collects personal information and I´m not happy about it as you can guess by my rating.
- by Dan Moorehead | PowerAccess (PowerAccess.net), 3 years agoRated 1 out of 52.9.8 completely broken, even Dashboard doesn't open, no scripts show as installed or are used. Have Waterfox 64-bit, but seems it affects Firefox users too.
- by molitar, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5Didn't work for me at all. Tried to import 2 scripts and install. Import failed. Install script failed. Installed Tampermonkey and worked perfectly.
Finally got Mouseover popup image viewer but again no way to manage it so did not work. This one is even worse than Tampermonkey. We need a real working Greasemonkey again.