Review by Bout's Morgan
Rated 5 out of 5by Bout's Morgan, 4 years ago
Excellent for my eyes on a specific site. THANKS very much Manuel for this extension, you make my day.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Nebula, a year agoDoes exactly what I was looking for! I put it under Firefox's overflow menu and now it's available whenever I need it. I have custom fonts set for serif and sans-serif which are more legible than the defaults (let alone what many sites override them with) so this works wonders for me.
Note this addon works by toggling the actual browser setting, so it affects all tabs/windows at once—no per-page control. This isn't an issue for me, but it's something to keep in mind (certain web apps / document editors may not function fully without enabling custom fonts—that's one of the things which makes a toggle addon like this so useful).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Mano Lito, 2 years agoExactly what I needed!
I recently updated Firefox browser to the latest version (89.0) on my Linux distro, and that seems to have somehow messed up the size of the fonts on several websites, including Gmail - making them very tiny.
Tried various methods, but nothing worked until I came across this extension.
I'm now able to easily enable or disable website defined fonts instead of having to navigate to Firefox's "Language & Appearance" settings each time to make the change.
Thank you so much, Mr. Manuel Reimer, for this simple but incredibly useful tool.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Voxel Draqon, 2 years agoThis is nearly exactly what I needed. I like using a font of my own choosing in most places, but that breaks Google Docs. The one thing that would make it better would be an option to set it for specific websites, but the extension is so simple and easy to use that that's barely an issue.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Cyberknight, 2 years agoWhen you print a Page to a virtual printer and, instead of a lean text PDF, you get a huge file with now-searchable images, it means the Page you are trying to convert to PDF uses some fonts that Firefox cannot handle well as proper text, so it shoves screenshots of the pages into the printer. Luckily, most of the times that can be solved turning off external font usage, but it's utterly annoying to go to Tools-Options-General-Languages-Fonts-Advanced and check/uncheck the option there just to try it... Thus, this extension may not seem such a big deal, but the small thing it does, it does very well and when in a hurry, it saves more than time, it saves your mental sanity!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15672859, 2 years agoI like this add-on, but cannot figure out (a) what the keyboard shortcut is; (b) how to edit said keyboard shortcut. Advice?
Developer responseposted 2 years agohttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-extension-shortcuts-firefox
Edit: The "Reset shortcusts" button was a workaround for old Firefox versions which did not allow clearing a shortcut. As this issue is fixed since a few Firefox versions, I've just shipped a new version with this button removed.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 16203141, 3 years agoVery handy; apparently it's impossible to do this per-site, so this is a great workaround for those few sites that need their own fonts.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoYes, unfortunately this is not possible. All my Add-on does is toggling a Firefox built-in setting and this always applies to all sites.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Colchón Amarrado, 3 years ago... extraordinaria, mejor que estar yendo a desactivar en about:config!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15228284, 4 years agoBeen waiting for this for so long! Big thank you!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15179531, 4 years agoWorks fine. Isn't useful to me because it changes all opened websites at once and I was looking that changes or applies to specific sites.
- Rated 4 out of 5by mr.hornung, 4 years agoit seems like a good replacement for "document font toggle" which doesn't work anymore since the introduction of webextensions.
however, two things would be great:
- i'd like the extension to apply to the active tab only instead of all open ones.
- like "document font toggle" had, it would be great to have a whitelist to enter websites into which i always want to use their own fonts.
thanks for your work!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14630270, 4 years agoBeen waiting for this for so long! Big thank you!