Review by Raitis
Rated 4 out of 5by Raitis, 4 years ago
Nice thing, but option to remove links is badly needed. I use add-on for a while an have many links with no value still opening.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13626204, 5 years agoI'm rating it a 5-star add on, however, when I restart Firefox (57.0.2 64 bit) , then click the toolbar image, nothing happens. In the bookmark listing, all the web pages I'd like to see are there for each day. Running Windows 10, latest update, version 1703, build 15063.786.
Thanks for developing a Coffee Cup replacement! I'll be patient....
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi there! Thanks for the review. Could you please submit an issue at https://github.com/ericfinn/TodaysPages/issues or email me? I'd like to fix this for you, but I need your help to diagnose the issue.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13422648, 5 years agoThanks for resurrecting Morning Coffee ! And keep up the good work !
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13469970, 5 years agoReally useful now that MorningCoffee doesn't work with the new version of FireFox. One thing I would like (it may already be there but I can't find it) is the ability to edit/remove bookmarks from the extension. Is this possible?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13435180, 5 years agoEdit: To the guy above me. You can edit/remove bookmarks by going to "Show all Bookmarks" then open the "Today's Pages" folder, and click on the "U" folder.
This is the PERFECT alternative to Morning Coffee. A must have for all that use Firefox Quantum.
Great job Eric Finn. Thank you so much for this add-on!!!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13509145, 5 years agoKönnte ein würdiger Nachfolger von Morning Coffee werden. Jetzt noch ein paar gute Funktionen zum Bearbeiten, Sortieren und Löschen dann passt das und es gibt 5* ;-)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13535998, 6 years agoHi Eric. Thanks for making this replacement for Morning Coffee. Is there a way to remove a page that I've added? I only seem to be able to add pages, but not remove them.Hello! A pages management menu is in the works, but in the meantime, you'll need to go into your bookmarks. Today's Pages creates a folder for each day of the week inside a folder called "Today's Pages" under Other Bookmarks. If you want to track progress on the management menu, I'll be updating it here: https://github.com/ericfinn/TodaysPages/issues/2
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13522230, 6 years agoLooks like a nice replacement for Morning Coffee (ff57 and up)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Blitzfritz, 6 years agoDa ist jemand schnell in die Lücke von «Morning Coffee» gesprungen. Clever. Vorteil scheint zu sein, dass Today's Pages die Bookmarks direkt in den Lesezeichen von FF abspeichert. Das ist sogar noch besser als bei Morning Coffee, welches unter Mac in der Library-FF-Erweiterungen abgespeichert hatte. Dafür gibt's von mir fünf Sterne. Wenn das Add-on jetzt sogar noch die Bookmarks von Morning Coffee importieren könnte, gäbe es sechs Sterne ;-)
Für Mac-User habe ich hier eine Lösung parat: https://blog.veuillet.ch/firefrox-add-morning-coffee-funktioniert-nicht-mehr-unter-firefox-quantum/?utm_source=firefox-add-ons&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=morning-coffee-todays-pagesDanke für das Feedback!
Derzeit müssen Sie Ihre Lesezeichen bearbeiten, um Ihre Websites zu verwalten (https://imgur.com/a/kOqT4). Ich plane, diese Funktion bald hinzuzufügen.
Sie können den Fortschritt hier verfolgen: https://github.com/ericfinn/TodaysPages/issues/2
- Rated 5 out of 5by ccrashh, 6 years agoDoes everything you wanted out of Morning Coffee - except to remove a bookmark from it. Not sure if I am missing something, but that is the only drawback I have encountered.
Note: After installing the addon, I had to close FF and reopen for it to work.
Update: that'll teach me not to read more. Yes, there's a way to delete bookmarks (go to Show All Bookmarks/Today's Pages.Hi ccrashh, thanks for the review! The bit about having to restart FF for the addon to work helped me track down and fix the bug that was causing that issue. v0.2.1 should not have that problem.
Adding a sites management interface (including removing sites and changing the days they open on) is one of the next features coming up.
- Rated 4 out of 5by max221, 6 years agoFinally, a replacement for Morning Coffee add-on. My only (minor) complaint is that it leaves the first tab blank, followed by the correct daily pages. With that problem resolved, my rating is 5 stars.Thanks for the review, and for the issues you filed over at GitHub! I'll work on making it blow away the active tab if it's blank, as well as cloning Morning Coffee's "close current tabs" option.
Edit: As an update, this feature is now implemented in version 0.3.0.