- Rated 1 out of 5by Nartren, 5 years ago"Activate left after close" doesn't work at all.
"Open new to the right" works unreliably.
Working solution is combination of "Open Tabs Next to Current" and "Select After Closing Current".
Though using 2 extensions to cover basic tabs customization is ridiculous, of course... :(
- Rated 1 out of 5by jd99, 5 years ago設定After close, Change to left Tab不起作用.書簽欄一次打開多個分頁.順序會顛倒
Set After close, Change to left Tab does not work. Bookmarks bar opens multiple tabs at once. The order is reversed.
- Rated 5 out of 5by flash, 5 years agoI'm using this in conjunction with the 'Tree Style Tab' extension because that one adds some new tab behavior and not all the options to change it to my liking. Hence some other extension was needed that got me back the functionality I had with 'Tab Mix Plus' in versions <=56 of the browser (After Close, Change to Last Active Tab). It also does not appear to interfere with the grouped tree behavior when opening tabs. All in all, I'm happy with it.
Edit: if there was one thing to criticize then it's to make the extension page on AMO more user-friendly. Add a more detailed description, maybe create a graphic/modified screenshot to illustrate the changes that are possible. I don't need any of this, but for the average user it would undoubtedly help
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13105143, 5 years agoSimple and gives me control over the most annoying default tab behaviors so they work within my workflow. If you would add undo last closed tab it would be perfect.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13503428, 5 years agoVery much would do what I was looking for - unfortunately I have to agree with the previous comment that it works very inconsistently.
There are some cases where it works as expected, but especially for tab activation after closing a tab it is really un-predictable where it jumps to ... especially if you have been changing tabs in between.
In some cases also opening the tab (I have set it to right) does not work but opens at the end ...
I hope that this will be updated and improved as I could not find any other add-on providing this functionality (still hoping for TabPlus one day :-) ).
PS: I do not know / understand what the author wants to indictate with those lines:
about:config -> browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent -> true
about:config -> browser.tabs.selectOwnerOnClose -> true
Would that indicate that this setting is needed for the add-on to work correctly (it does not), or are those settings changed by the add-on? Some more information might be helpful to improve that add-on ....
PS: Unfortunately the author does not seem to respond to the issues and there has been no update for adressing them ...
- Rated 3 out of 5by John Smith, 5 years agoThis extension covers the main TabMixPlus feature which I lost in 57+, but works inconsistently.
Opening new tabs to the right side works great, but setting "left tab" or "right tab" doesn't work consistently at all. It's fine if I close a new tab right after opening, but if switching to other tabs and then back, closing will often select the tab to the right.
On a side note, *where is the source code?* The extension page says that this is licensed under the GPL v3, which mandates source code distribution, but I can't find a link to it anywhere.
- Rated 3 out of 5by housewave, 5 years agoIt isn't working as it should most of the cases... I have the setting to focus the left tab after closing a tab, but it's inconsistent. Sometimes it "moves" to the left, but most of the times it "moves" to the right..