Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12765412, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5cool addon - especially with the KDE Connect ^_^, and I'd love to score 5, but...
scoring only 3 because options do not take effects. in another words: addon currently non-customisable (2017-12-01).
- by Puremed Englewood, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5A fantastic add-on that provides exactly what I need. No need to install additional notifier add-ons that require you to log in etc. This capability should be in the browser as we move to doing more through browsers. Almost like a Growl/Snarl system for browser tabs.
Excellent thinking and great job. Well done and many thanks!
- by Dan, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension would be very useful if it works well - and if can be customized for the sites/pages I would only want to be notified .
I installed it and it does not work in my FF 50.1.0 win8.1:
1. I do not see any options/setings like in the older version.
2. I do not see any messages
3. I do not see any icon - maybe I am not supposed to...
4. there is no parameter tabnotifier in about:config
I re-installed it a couple of times - same ;-(
I see it works for others...what do I have wrong?
After re-install 3rd time I get messages - BUT I have:
NO add-on icon, NO disable button on the message (so I cannot disable a page notifing me) and NO options to change (in add-on page). What is it wrong? I use NoScript - does it interfere?
Thank for any help!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe extension needed to be made again from scratch as result of deep changes in Firefox (mainly because of e10s). The version 3.1 reintroduces default and per-domain settings.
Please be aware that currently it's not technically possible to implement some settings like notifications position and aspect or persistent windows, but I'll monitor the evolution of the web extension api to see how I can use it to its best.
- by Firefox user 12599021, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Yes, it's working again but the problem is in my version of Firefox (49.0.1 on Linux Ubuntu) the corner icon to suppress further notifications doesn't appear.
- by Firefox user 10709618, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5Please update to allow this to work on FF45...the notification no longer displays and window placement no longer works for a secondary display. I really miss this!
- by ali deniz, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Today my firefox in ubuntu, updated to 45.0 version and this extension dont work anymore. when i click "test" button, test notication showing but dont work in sites, please update it.
- by Maltbrew, 5 years agoRated 1 out of 5I wanted to try this out because I thought I could use tweetdeck in Firefox, thereby getting notifications immediately.
Unfortunately it doesn't work with tweetdeck and when I tried to send a gmail test it crashed. I went into the options and everytime I clicked "test", Firefox crashed :/ Shame.
Edit: I'm on Windows 10.
- by Firefox user 5935857, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5It does what it is supposed to. I was using it for Hotmail notifications. Unfortunately, on June 5, 2015 Microsoft did a major update of outlook.live.com. Tab titles no longer change when you have an unread email. Therefore Tab Notifier no longer works for Hotmail., Live.com., Outlook.com. I was also use X-notifier. Microsoft's changes to the website broke that too. It looks like I am out of luck for the time being and will have to check for new emails the old fashioned way, by going to my inbox.
- by Noitidart, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5This thing is awesome. It takes a spot an when Firefoxs nsIAlertService comes up, it makes that alert service notification take a spot above, it wont overlap. As shown in this image here: http://i.imgur.com/7nLZleW.png
I had an issue though. I have the regex for notify only when matched set to "^(?!.*?Mibbit)". I have the monitor behavior set to watch. Now when people chat the notiication comes up "People said stuff". But then when a person says my name it changes to "Your name was mentioned". This is good but as people say other stuff after my name it changes back to "People said stuff". Can you please point me in direction on where i can edit so that it stop monitorin once it hits regex of "your name was mentioned"? This would be extremely useful! Thank you!!
- by LonMcGregor, 6 years agoRated 4 out of 5Tab notifications are very useful, and it is great to see this extension opening up use for them in firefox.
Extension works pretty well, but it does seem as if the notifications lag when opening and closing if lots of them get queued up at once.
- by RetroMage, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using Tab Notifier for the past several days in SeaMonkey 2.26.1 for Linux (openSUSE), and it has performed flawlessly -- impressive given it was for a much older version of SeaMonkey. It even has some options to control where it appears on the screen, how many to show at once, and whether to turn on "rounded corners."
The only weak spots it has are that the drop-down menus in the Preferences only show a few letters (they don't resize with the window, sadly), and the notification box doesn't pick up the system colors/theme like SeaMonkey itself does. Still, it gets the job done, and that's what ultimately counts.
Developer responseposted 6 years agoThanks for praises and also for reporting defects and remarking limitations. Tab Notifier 2.2 remedies one of them, allowing to change the aspect of the notification windows.
- by subhojit777, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works flawlessly with GMail chat, facebook chat and any other sites that has tab notification. But still looking for similar extension, since I cannot customize its appearance.