Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 12765412, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5cool addon - especially with the KDE Connect ^_^, and I'd love to score 5, but...
scoring only 3 because options do not take effects. in another words: addon currently non-customisable (2017-12-01).
- by Puremed Englewood, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5A fantastic add-on that provides exactly what I need. No need to install additional notifier add-ons that require you to log in etc. This capability should be in the browser as we move to doing more through browsers. Almost like a Growl/Snarl system for browser tabs.
Excellent thinking and great job. Well done and many thanks!
- by Dan, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5This extension would be very useful if it works well - and if can be customized for the sites/pages I would only want to be notified .
I installed it and it does not work in my FF 50.1.0 win8.1:
1. I do not see any options/setings like in the older version.
2. I do not see any messages
3. I do not see any icon - maybe I am not supposed to...
4. there is no parameter tabnotifier in about:config
I re-installed it a couple of times - same ;-(
I see it works for others...what do I have wrong?
After re-install 3rd time I get messages - BUT I have:
NO add-on icon, NO disable button on the message (so I cannot disable a page notifing me) and NO options to change (in add-on page). What is it wrong? I use NoScript - does it interfere?
Thank for any help!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThe extension needed to be made again from scratch as result of deep changes in Firefox (mainly because of e10s). The version 3.1 reintroduces default and per-domain settings.
Please be aware that currently it's not technically possible to implement some settings like notifications position and aspect or persistent windows, but I'll monitor the evolution of the web extension api to see how I can use it to its best.
- by Firefox user 12599021, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Yes, it's working again but the problem is in my version of Firefox (49.0.1 on Linux Ubuntu) the corner icon to suppress further notifications doesn't appear.