Developer responseposted 2 years ago
Very sorry to hear that... Are you able to provide me what Operating System you were using (Windows, Mac, etc) and which file hosting service? (Drive, Dropbox, Box). The symptoms sound like it may be due to an api change related to token expiration, which means syncmarx is long overdue for an update.
My contact page below:
My contact page below:
- Rated 5 out of 5by Rory , 9 months agoused on Firefox and Chromium.
I was wondering if there was a reason for making the database a binary file, why not csv / json?
my thinking is it's already on your dropbox, so it's safe.
also for syncing, would be better if it merged the bookmarks by looking at the domain and then removed duplicates.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Wickum, a year agoDoesn't work on FF 106.0.2 (64-bit) on Win 11 version 22H2 (22621.674). sync failed :(
Developer responseposted a year agoThat's strange, which file hosting service are you trying to sync to? (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive?) If you let me know I could try to look into the issue further for you (contact info at gregmcleod.com/contact ). As a possible quick fix, you may also want to try unchecking the "Compress Data" checkbox on the syncmarx options tab and doing a force push of your bookmarks which may trick it into working again (I've discovered the compress feature can sometimes cause issues)
- Rated 1 out of 5by Dima, 2 years agoStopped working completely, both on FF and Chrome. Tried to unlink and relink several times, works for about a day, then stops. Uninstalled.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoVery sorry to hear that... Are you able to provide me what Operating System you were using (Windows, Mac, etc) and which file hosting service? (Drive, Dropbox, Box). The symptoms sound like it may be due to an api change related to token expiration, which means syncmarx is long overdue for an update.
My contact page below:
- Rated 2 out of 5by PCKIT, 3 years agoFirefox and Chrome cannot synchronize with each other, but if you use the same browser, you can synchronize. I use dropbox, Chinese environment, and bookmarks containing Chinese and other languages. I hope it can be fixed soon. This problem has been around for many years. I invited some people in the community to test, and they all had the same situation.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14848343, 4 years agoThe idea is great, but it doesn't work for me. Push from Firefox works., but Chrome can't pull the bookmarks - neither from Google Drive nor from Dropbox.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Monitorcover, 4 years agoThis is a fantastic way to share Firefox bookmarks between PCs/laptops. I'm syncing betweek 2 x Linux and 1 x Windows laptops automatically with no problems at all - definitely doesn't feel like alpha software. Really hope development continues.
- Rated 3 out of 5by overtomanu, 4 years agoDefault sync period is 15 mins. Lets say you are syncing bookmarks between firefox and chrome. You bookmark something in chrome and exit browser before sync happened. Then on relaunch it removes the new bookmark that was created. So i think it can't distinguish if some bookmark was added/deleted locally on relauch. Extension is usable if you disable automatic sync and manually sync bookmarks when you want to.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Konrad, 4 years agosyncmarx is one of my most important extensions, which I use every day. When I had problems, Greg was very helpful and we were able to figure out the problem and solve it. Sometimes there are hiccups and the bookmarks double or are scattered everywhere. Then I go back to another browser that hasn't synced yet and force push / force pull to get it right again.
syncmarx solves a major problem of having a self-controlled, cross-browser and cross-platform synchronization solution for bookmarks. I can't wait for version 1.0.
@Greg: Thank you for an engagement, I really appreciate your time and energy.
- Rated 5 out of 5by 4Jax, 4 years agoX-marks abandoned us... Syncmarx picked up the sword!
Not sure 'why' this is not a recommended addon by Firefox? I looked high-and-low after X-marks died for an alternative. Firefox bookmark sync failed too often. Tried and older version of X-marks that allows you to setup your own server for the sync... FAILED.
Then I somehow came across this extension and it's worked flawlessly! No matter if I'm using two browsers not of the same version... it works.
Some reviews say:
*They are having issues with Chrome. Why are you complaining about a Chrome issue in a Firefox venue?
*I don't have a Dropbox account. It's FREE just get one or use Google Drive!
The only improvement I'd like to see is the icon looks like popcorn and it's could use an increase in size and something more noticeable when it's syncing.
I just left a donation and want to say BIG thanks to the developer.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 15451006, 4 years agoExcellent app ! Efficient, easy to use. I'm using it on Firefox 70, Chrome 78 and Edge Chromium 79 (beta) on windows and mac.
Could I ask if the browser history could also be synced in the future ? That would be even better as I would not even need to use a chrome or firefox account !
Thanks for this app !
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15157373, 5 years agoGood, but dont work in the new version of google chrome and with Firefox Developer
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 15146894, 5 years agoHello, I am very glad that there seems to be a bookmark sync app, but for me it does not work. Syncing to Google Drive from Google Chrome (75.0.3770.142) seems to work, but all attempts to sync with Firefox (68.0) using the same profile linked to Google Drive fail (Pull force, sync,...).
Developer responseposted 5 years agoI am sorry to hear that... Now that the project is open source, if you'd like you can submit a ticket and I will take a look: https://github.com/Cleod9/syncmarx-webext
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14675987, 5 years agoIt works simple and with profiles.
Really great to see this.
Can work with Dropbox, Google Drive and Box.
Can be synced by hand, automatically every x minutes etc.
Works great (used it now for about 2 months).
I use it on 4 machines and 2 are constantly running (24/7) and still it does not make a mess out of the favorites.
And best of all, no website login, monthly fee etc. needed.