- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 12440798, 6 years agoI was shocked, after the update all gone. Share to find ways:
The key is the stylish.sqlite file. Use tools to manually import according to the situation after opening
Developer responseposted 6 years agoHi,
Thanks for your review.
We are aware of the issues/irregularities with the latest Stylish version for Firefox.
We are doing our very best to release a new version with fixes as soon as possible.
If you’d like to send us a bug report, please email Stylish via email@example.com along with the following info: the operating system you’re using + version, the browser you’re using + version.
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience.
- Rated 3 out of 5by David McRitchie, 6 years agoThe complaint is not really about Stylish, it is about Firefox, but Stylish is no good to me beyond FF 56.0.2 because all of the styles I use are not themes, and only themes can be done in Stylish now because Firefox is crap beginning with FF 57. If Firefox is going to look like Chrome, act like Chrome, use Chrome as a goal-- you might as well not be using Firefox.
I have put Stylish back to pre version 3.0, and Firefox, extensions including Stylish styles are no longer allowed to update themselves. I guess in 3 months I will switch to Chrome I've had to use it all too many times up to now. Stylish and extension were what kept Firefox usable and enjoyable (FF not so enjoyable starting around 3.0 when they started to lose sight of their users).
I wish I could tell you to look at the styles I wrote and the others I also use but the pictures are incomplete not showing before and after and are distorted and cropped.
* As I understand it Firefox 57 will not allow or will only allow for a while changes to Firefox structure interface, no more changes to toolbars, scrollers, scroll thumbs to make them visible, unhiding hidden or self hiding scroll bars, eliminating wasted space on toolbars making them more readable in 1/4 the space. Almost every extension that I have left is marked legacy and has to do with toolbars. Loss of bookmark functionality. The only extensions that will remain appear to be Adblock Plus and Stylish themes.
* More on the Firefox 57 Fiasco -- https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2017/02/16/the-road-to-firefox-57-compatibility-milestones/
* If Firefox is is just going to remove features not available in other browsers and play catch-up to Chrome, as if that is desirable, then why continue to use Firefox at all. Dumbing down Firefox to Google Chrome's level is going to eliminate the remaining Firefox users who have persevered through all of Mozilla's shenanigans.
* If you try to read up about an extension now they've f*ck*d that up as well. Most important items: version, size, releases it works with, stars, description, developer's comments, user comments & developer comments related to a user comment.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Marco, 6 years agovi segnalo che l'estensione è buggata
sia nella versione per chrome che per firefox
l'aggiornamento degli stili non funziona correttamente
primo quando vai nella ricerca degli aggiornamenti e fai "installa aggiornamento"
e clicchi su "update style" nella pagina dello stile
su firefox non succede nulla e non si apre nessun popup
e quando rifai la ricerca degli stessi risulta non installato
quando invece lo è
e ti richiede l'aggiornamento
dopo questo update
mentre su chrome su alcuni stili lo da ogni volta anche se successivamente dice "style installed"
spero che fixate questi bug
- Rated 3 out of 5by luis, 6 years ago1.- The first webextension is not working properly for me. Firefox freezes from time to time and I need to kill firefox.exe process.
2.- I can´t open preferences window, because clicking on "create a new style" or "manager styles" options, does not doing nothing, I need to click on "edit" option on some installed addons to open addon preferences.
3.- I installed some style like https://userstyles.org/styles/25811/amo-dark-theme but sylish is not aplying the style. The style is properly applied by using latest Legacy version.
I imported manually an own style, and the style has been applied properly.
4.- There is no option to apply style as preview or I can´t find it, it is very useful to test style code modifications before saving code changes.
4.- I personally, I don´t like anymore the new Stylish style, splitted by sections.
I like the old stylish style , where you can see the whole style code while editing, making some modifications and preview changes before saving changes.
Please, can you add some option to use the old Stylish style, to create/see/edit/paste the style code as the legacy style versions?