- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 15056555, 4 years agoWorks perfectly, does exactly what google does just without any trackers. Can be slightly slow when far from US or EU servers tho.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Hans Kraus, 4 years agoAlles was ich benötige finde ich in Startpage und bin bestens zufrieden
- Rated 4 out of 5by cbagwell27, 5 years agoGreat at privacy but doesn't always have as many search results as google will have for the same search. HOWEVER...it ALSO DOESNT CENSOR ANYTHING so you'll find search results on STARTPAGE that you wouldn't on Google as well...mainly things such as conservative news reports, articles about Trump that aren't automatically skewed negatively, pro-life articles, anti-soro exposes, etc. So, all in all I'd say way better than Google search. Can clearly trust this app for a much more balanced or honest search response on ANY topic (liberal or conservative because it censors neither).
- Rated 4 out of 5by theneva, 5 years agoWell it is good but.. I don't like the search much. It isn't as good as google. Sorry, just being honest. I have trouble doing research with it, can't find stuff. So annoying!
Developer responseposted 4 years agoThanks for the honest review. Just so you know our team is working hard to improve the product and bring more privacy to the world. Stay tuned and keep searching with Startpage.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Alex Golubev, 5 years agoThis is pretty good considering it provides google search results through a proxy, however you do lose on quite a bit of optimization on layout and presentation that google provides by default, but that may be the price of privacy. The biggest problem I have with this though is that there are no suggestions provided for partial search terms I put into the address (search) bar. That is kind of a deal breaker. On chromium, startpage provides suggestions, so I don't understand why on firefox it has to be different.