by Firefox user 13463311, 2 years ago
Rated 5 out of 5
Sir one request...when you click the muted tab, the tab does not get automatically unmuted and you have to unmute it. This is inconvenient. I request that the whatever tab is focus, it should automatically get unmuted, Thanks
- by Firefox user 13303909, a year agoRated 4 out of 5When having audio from two windows rather than tabs, it moves audio focus on the other window, but doesn't move audio focus back on the original window, is it just me? Pausing manually doesn't help either.
- by AndyL964, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Amazing add-on for those who absolutely hate it when multiple tabs play audio at once.
This extension worked well when there was a problem with audio playing from tabs that are loaded on Firefox start up.
- by Firefox user 13751904, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this add-on because it mutes all tabs that begin to play sounds while another tab is playing sound, and that you can choose to mute a tab manually.
The only reason I didn't give this five stars is because there is no option to "never mute this tab/domain." I like to listen to music on YouTube and browse social media. Whenever I get a message or any other notification from my social media pages, it plays a short notification which mutes my music. There is a place in the Options of this addon where I can choose for sites to be ignored by Smart Tab Mute, but it doesn't seem to work, at least not like I'd like it to.
If I may make a suggestion, it would be lovely to have an option in the context menu to "never mute this tab" or "never mute this site" in the context menu when right-click the tab.
- by Firefox user 13423984, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Seems to work very well on everything I throw at it and have had no issues.
Would like to see the ability to blacklist Urls so they are immediately muted.
- by Firefox user 12810746, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Smart Tab Mute looks useful, but I am looking for this functionality: I would like to have ONE tab as the "master-audio" tab. (this is a site that has infrequent, but to me very important audio messages). Other tabs may have audio, but should be muted temporarily, as long as the master-tab has sound. When that sound stops, mutet tabs should regain audio. Anyone knows of such functionality?
- by Firefox user 12812696, 4 years agoRated 2 out of 5Would be a great addon except it mutes background tabs whether the foreground tab you switch to is playing audio or not. I've got a few other tab addons installed, so it could just be my system. Running Firefox 54 on Windows 7 64 bit.
- by U64, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5It works, and even has a whitelist.
It certainly is useful.
A suggestion would be being able to export and import whitelists. It still is a very fine addon, however.
Five stars; the suggestion is more of a minor convenience than a dealbreaker (for me, at least).
- by Tim Nguyen, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very convenient when listening to music in your browser, then watching a video, it pauses the tab with music. The whitelist is a great addition to the main add-on functionality. Well done!