Rated 4 out of 5by mi28, 5 years ago
The link in the check page is disabled.
I want you to be able to move to the link destination.
I want you to be able to move to the link destination.
Starting in version 0.14.3, you can follow links in watched pages (allowing you to watch the linked page), or hold Ctrl while clicking to open the linked page in a new tab.
- Rated 3 out of 5by circcc, 2 years agohttps://sitedelta.schierla.de/transfer/ is down now.
so, I can't import/export.
I hope you can improve it so that you don't use this online method for import/export.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13854599, 2 years agoThis Add-on got me to move from Waterfox Classic to Current and is the only reason I'm willing to tolerate current. Overall it saves me a lot of OCD level checking around the internet everyday.
There are few addons that I can say have majorly changed my life, and this is one of them.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Korwin, 2 years agoПлюс: дополнение, будто бы, не имеет ограничений на количество подписок (в отличие от Distill Web Monitor и Otsledit). Минусы: нет уведомления на email; непонятно, зачем страница после добавления в отслеживаемые перезагружается с заголовком "SiteDelta Watch is enabled for this page"? Уведомления у кнопки или браузерного было бы достаточно. И, главное, нет визуального выделения отслеживаемой области (как это реализовано в "Adblock Plus - free ad blocker" и упомянутых выше приложениях). Из-за этого очень много ложных срабатываний на тех элементах, которые не касаются интересующей зоны вебстраницы. Также, нельзя переименовать подписки, и неочевидно, как перейти к экрану общих настроек дополнения. При нажатии "Import/Export" открывается пустая страница.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoSiteDelta checks for changes in your browser and not within some cloud service, so email notifications are not possible (or at least, notifications could only be sent while your browser is open, so I don't see a big benefit).
- Rated 5 out of 5by pointtonull, 3 years agoPoor's man syndication. I love it.
To add to the wishlist. It would great if showed the changed text diffs ala github. (highlighting -deleted, changed, and +added portions)
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14748548, 4 years agogreat add-on.
but can bypass cloudflare DDOS protection pages before loading a sites?
- Rated 3 out of 5by molitar, 4 years agoI have one question is it possible to set settings specific to a page? Some sites I need to scan images others that just causes false reports. Again for numbers some need to know number changes others need to be totally ignored. I can only see a global setting not a per site setting.
Can it do per site/page settings and if so where is there a documentation on how to do that? Other than that it's much more reliable then Distill Web Monitor that showed nothing but false reports with no method to ignore numbers or Update Scanner that did not work on many pages.
Another problem I found is unable to use with forums as forums show who is online at the time and there is no method to exclude these names so forum page always shows changed.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13916209, 5 years agoNice extension. Thanks.
Can you add a column with the date of activation of SiteDelta in the "Monitored pages" list?
It would be fine to sort monitored pages also by date.
To jump to the actual page after viewing changes, you can click the SiteDelta toolbar button and select "Open page..."
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sora Neku, 5 years agoDoes what it claims to - pick an area on a page (or the whole page), and checks it for changes at regular intervals. Great for those sites that don't offer RSS or Atom for some stupid reason.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12499742, 5 years agoAmazing app that's continuously being improved by the developers. You can comfortably check websites for changes. Not only can you set areas to
check but also areas to ignore without a problem. Highly recommended!
Hervorragende App, die der Entwickler laufend weiter verbessert. Webseiten können damit ganz einfach auf Änderungen überwacht werden. Man kann nicht nur die zu „überwachenden Bereiche“, sondern auch die zu „ignorierenden Bereiche“ problemlos einstellen. Sehr empfehlenswert!
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 12547151, 5 years agoThe old SiteDelta was great, in part because it just got on with the job. It would tell you when a page had changed and show you what had changed when you went there either from the SiteDelta sidebar or from a regular bookmark.
I am delighted that SiteDelta appears to be going to live in Mozilla's new world.
1) the list of pages in the sidebar is in some random order and there is no way to search the list. Needs to be in alphabetical order.
2) The yellow "SiteDelta Watch monitors this page" bar at the top of an opened monitored page needs a timeout. It also has a button which offers to highlight changes but when you use it it says no changes found which is annoying.
3) Some pages now take MUCH longer to open and formatting can be a bit off eg Goodreads notification pulldown just shows raw HTML (or other code)
4) Needs a "scan all pages" button and some indication that a page is being scanned
5) There are several pages in the sidebar that I simply don't recognize
I look forward to the new releases.1) In 0.14.7, the page list was sorted by URL, but starting in 0.14.8 it is sorted by title
2) Actually, the "highlight changes" button should not be present if there are no changes.
3) This might be due to the fact that the page is only shown once fully loaded, and not incrementally during load.
4) From 0.14.8, the sidebar scan now button will scan all pages if none are selected.
As you never mentioned scheduled scans, you should also try SiteDelta Highlight which might improve your situation concerning 2) and 3) - just enable the advanced features on the configuration page.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13156071, 5 years agoHas the basic functionality, but really needs some polish.
Things it needs to fix:
1. There is no way to visit a page and not have it be checked when you do.
2. When you let the addon open a page it does so with a strange 'moz-extension:' url added to the front of the pages actual url. This WILL break most pages, forcing you to manually remove the extra gibberish.
3. Anything highlighted as changed will generally not be interactable anymore until the page is reloaded and the item is not highlighted.
I hope these are eventually fixed as that would really improve this add-onSpeaking of SiteDelta Watch,
1. SiteDelta Watch will not do anything if you visit the page itself - only if you use the Watch icon, or open it from the Watch Sidebar (i.e. if you are on the 'moz-extension:' page)
2. The page content you see on the 'moz-extension:' page is what SiteDelta Watch sees when performing its background scan (except for pages that hide content using CSS - I know that is a problem that will be addressed in a later version). So if this page does not contain what you want to monitor, SiteDelta Watch will likely fail to notify you about changes.
However, if you do not need scheduled background scans, SiteDelta Highlight might be your better option:
1. SiteDelta Highlight allows you to decide when you want to highlight changes.
HOWEVER, SiteDelta Highlight cannot perform (scheduled) checks in the background, but has to load the page in a (visible) tab and check it there.
- Rated 4 out of 5by olliebean, 5 years agoIt's a great start, but it needs a couple more features to be a fully worthy successor to SiteDelta:
- a toolbar icon to open the sidebar
- ability to rename and re-order pages in the monitored pages list- Unfortunately, web extensions are not allowed to programmatically open a sidebar ("sidebars can only be opened by the user"), so the SiteDelta toolbar icon cannot do it. However you can use the default "Sidebars" button available in Firefox (but not shown in the toolbar by default) to toggle the sidebar
- You can rename pages after clicking on the "expand" button on the left side of the yellow SiteDelta Watch information bar; showing the monitored pages in alphabetical order is on my todo list.
- Rated 4 out of 5by nicopopo, 5 years agoFor example, how do you disable automatic checking and how do you check the list manually?For now, you can set the scan interval to a big number (e.g. 525600 for one year) to make sure automatic checks will not occur. Starting with 0.14.3, you can set the scan frequency to 0 to disable automatic checks and use the new "scan now" / "mark as seen" buttons to manually manage the scans.
- Rated 4 out of 5by stvol, 5 years agoКак можно самостоятельно редактировать правила, созданные для отслеживаемых областей?In SiteDelta Watch, click the expand button on the left side, below the yellow information bar. There, you can add scan and ignore regions by clicking "add new" and clicking in the corresponding area in page shown on the right (you may have to move the mouse around until you find a place where the right region is selected as shwon by the outline).
Advanced users can click the "add new" button twice and manually enter the xpath selector to define the region.