Review by Artyom
- Rated 5 out of 5by eugbyte, 6 months agoSimilar to edge's vertical tabs, good job
To make current tabs stand out in Dark Theme, can set the border to white under SideBar Tabs > Options > Sidebar Theme > Active Tab > Border, set to White
Option to name the groups, similar to edge's vertical tabs?
Also allow us to remove the top tab bar? Right now, I have to manually edit the userChrome.css by following this guide ( https://medium.com/@Aenon/firefox-hide-native-tabs-and-titlebar-f0b00bdbb88b )
Developer responseposted 6 months ago> Option to name the groups, similar to edge's vertical tabs?
Right click on grouped tab and select menu item.
Tab Group > Show Group Label
> Also allow us to remove the top tab bar?
No API for that.
Ref: Add ability to hide native tab bars · Issue #5 · asamuzaK/sidebarTabs
- Rated 4 out of 5by saran, 3 years agoIt's pretty cool, but it lacks some features that I need.
1) for example I have like 300 cards open at the moment, it would be nice to have a button somewhere to automatically group them by domain (because I have to click on every different domain and group it separately, right now. It takes a lot of time.
2) an option to group new tabs after opening them? After I open new youtube tab (while being outside of any group), it should be automatically grouped into the "youtube" domain group. So I don't have to do that manually.
3) a button to collapse ALL groups at once?
4) another thing that is bugged - after I close the Tabs sidebar (the whole plugin sidebar) and open it again, only a few groups are kept (seems to be random ones), or only a few cards are kept within a group. Most of them need to be created again, which is troublesome. Both for normal and domain groups. Most of them disappear after closing the sidebar. Only a few are kept.
thank you for your workThis place is not suitable for issue tracking.
Please file each issue on https://github.com/asamuzaK/sidebarTabs/issues
- Rated 3 out of 5by gracefool, 3 years agoPretty good but has some usability issues. Primarily, the list scrolls to the bottom whenever I make a new tab. Also it's a shame you can't double-click to open a new tab, or middle-click to close a tab (and remove the close button at the end). It doesn't show whether a tab is loaded or not. It works well with Containers, showing the icon at the end - though it would be really cool if you could filter the list by container (i.e. an option to show one container at a time).
Reply: I installed the pre-release (2.1.0a1) but there's no difference re double-click or middle-click. Nor does that about:config change do anything re showing if a tab is unloaded - it only shows if it is loading. Fair enough re containers.> you can't double-click to open a new tab, or middle-click to close a tab (and remove the close button at the end)
Added those features.
You can try pre-release from https://github.com/asamuzaK/sidebarTabs/tree/master/dest
> It doesn't show whether a tab is loaded or not.
Set `svg.context-properties.content.enabled` to `true` from `about:config`.
> it would be really cool if you could filter the list by container
Not planned. Out of purpose.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 14264359, 3 years agoExactly what I needed! Can you maybe do it so it auto groups by domain? Example wikipedia.org 20 pages open and it automatically groups them?Filed an issue for that.
Add ability to group same domain tabs · Issue #80
- Rated 5 out of 5by recycler.fox, 4 years ago"Customize Theme" does not work. Every next choice switches the previous one to default. Need fix.
That was fast! Now it works. Thanks.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14680406, 4 years agoWorks exactly as it's supposed to, fantastic.
The only things I'd criticise are that the dark mode is completely black(I'd prefer a dark grey) and the currently selected tab could be highlighted better, but these are just minor details.
- Rated 5 out of 5by UnshapelyMuskrat, 4 years agothis is the best looking and most responsive feeling vertical tab addon in my opinion, thank you!
- Rated 5 out of 5by polo2005, 5 years agoSimple and gets the job done, the closest you will find to the old IE styled tab groups.
current version used:
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 13455483, 5 years agoObviously it's a bit early to rate, but on the Mac, one cannot "ctrl+click" as this is the same as right click. Expected alternative cmd+click and option+click do not seem to work.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoPlease report bugs to the issue page on GitHub, not here.
I made a try build so please let me know whether the bug has been fixed or not.
Edit: Should be fixed in v0.28.3