- Rated 5 out of 5by Walter, a year agoVery usable, and looks very good. Tabs grouping works perfectly. The developer actively maintains the github repo and gives prompt feedback on the opened issues and suggestions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by eugbyte, a year agoSimilar to edge's vertical tabs, good job
To make current tabs stand out in Dark Theme, can set the border to white under SideBar Tabs > Options > Sidebar Theme > Active Tab > Border, set to White
Option to name the groups, similar to edge's vertical tabs?
Also allow us to remove the top tab bar? Right now, I have to manually edit the userChrome.css by following this guide ( https://medium.com/@Aenon/firefox-hide-native-tabs-and-titlebar-f0b00bdbb88b )
Developer responseposted a year ago> Option to name the groups, similar to edge's vertical tabs?
Right click on grouped tab and select menu item.
Tab Group > Show Group Label
> Also allow us to remove the top tab bar?
No API for that.
Ref: Add ability to hide native tab bars · Issue #5 · asamuzaK/sidebarTabs
- Rated 4 out of 5by saran, 4 years agoIt's pretty cool, but it lacks some features that I need.
1) for example I have like 300 cards open at the moment, it would be nice to have a button somewhere to automatically group them by domain (because I have to click on every different domain and group it separately, right now. It takes a lot of time.
2) an option to group new tabs after opening them? After I open new youtube tab (while being outside of any group), it should be automatically grouped into the "youtube" domain group. So I don't have to do that manually.
3) a button to collapse ALL groups at once?
4) another thing that is bugged - after I close the Tabs sidebar (the whole plugin sidebar) and open it again, only a few groups are kept (seems to be random ones), or only a few cards are kept within a group. Most of them need to be created again, which is troublesome. Both for normal and domain groups. Most of them disappear after closing the sidebar. Only a few are kept.
thank you for your work
- Rated 3 out of 5by gracefool, 4 years agoPretty good but has some usability issues. Primarily, the list scrolls to the bottom whenever I make a new tab. Also it's a shame you can't double-click to open a new tab, or middle-click to close a tab (and remove the close button at the end). It doesn't show whether a tab is loaded or not. It works well with Containers, showing the icon at the end - though it would be really cool if you could filter the list by container (i.e. an option to show one container at a time).
Reply: I installed the pre-release (2.1.0a1) but there's no difference re double-click or middle-click. Nor does that about:config change do anything re showing if a tab is unloaded - it only shows if it is loading. Fair enough re containers.> you can't double-click to open a new tab, or middle-click to close a tab (and remove the close button at the end)
Added those features.
You can try pre-release from https://github.com/asamuzaK/sidebarTabs/tree/master/dest
> It doesn't show whether a tab is loaded or not.
Set `svg.context-properties.content.enabled` to `true` from `about:config`.
> it would be really cool if you could filter the list by container
Not planned. Out of purpose.
- Rated 4 out of 5by 14264359, 4 years agoExactly what I needed! Can you maybe do it so it auto groups by domain? Example wikipedia.org 20 pages open and it automatically groups them?
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14680406, 5 years agoWorks exactly as it's supposed to, fantastic.
The only things I'd criticise are that the dark mode is completely black(I'd prefer a dark grey) and the currently selected tab could be highlighted better, but these are just minor details.