- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17458304, 9 months agoIt's Great... when it works, quite often I get oops something went wrong, I hope that gets fixed one day
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13404543, a year agoUsed to be a good extension for what it is. A lot of the search engines are garbage and not worth the time it takes to close the tab, but this did what it says until recently. I think container tabs broke it?
- Rated 3 out of 5by Nikita, a year agoWhy does the extension suddenly needs access to clipboard for searching images displayed on the pages?
EDIT: I read the page dev linked to and I agree with some other users posting there. This clipboard search needs to be optional or not present at all. We can survive without searching images in clipboard.
But I also agree with the author that extensions seem to access a lot already on browser, so I guess it's up to the users to decide if it's worth it or not. Personally, I've not allowed it permission and disabled auto update for this extension for now. I'll change my rating to 3/5 instead of 1.
I've been using this extension for a while, gave it 5/5 initially, not sure why this clipboard image search was that crucial to add. I suggest breaking support for older browsers and allowing people to turn off access to key areas for certain features. People not upgrading older browsers are already under security threat anyway.
Developer responseposted a year agoYou can learn more about the new permission request from this thread:
- Rated 3 out of 5by Mike Hunt, 2 years agoIf you know how to reverse image search via Google Images or TinEye the you don't really need this as it just adds more useless search options to those I've mentioned.
- Rated 3 out of 5by hk97, 2 years agoneed a default action. I have to disable all other engines one-by-one to not have a submenu