- by Christian, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5très bien, jusqu'à.. toute recherche Qwant (paramétrée par défaut / Firefox PC & idem mobile) me renvoie sur Qwant-Lite avec bien sûr la saisie de à refaire, après affichage du résultat de recherche Qwant 1/10ème de seconde,
c'est passablement énervant
- by Sanjay Aiyagari, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Don't like the takeover of the homepage. However, upon uninstallation they give you the option of using Qwant Basic which is what I want.
It should the other way. Qwant Basic should be called "Qwant", and this one should be called "Qwant Extra" and be completely optional.
- by Stanley, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5This extension changes my homepage without being interested in my opinion.Hello, we're sorry that this addon does not suit you but brace yourself, another addon is coming!
And even better, there it is : https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/qwant-com/
This second addon, also handcrafted by our developers does not change your homepage and only sets Qwant as your default search engine.
- by Firefox user 14442458, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5It should not change my homepage to Qwant. I use it all the time as a search but I like to keep a few tabs when I launch FirefoxHello, we're sorry that this addon does not suit you but here is a second addon, it does not change your homepage and only sets Qwant as your default search engine. https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/qwant-com/
- by Halvor, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm generally happy with this search engine. What I'm not at all happy about is that it replaces my home page without asking specifically if I want it (I DON'T!) and the only way to undo that is by uninstalling the app :-(
I've reported this to Firefox but since they haven't reacted to it I suppose this is acceptable extension behavior. It oughtn't be.Hello, we're sorry that this addon does not suit you but here is a second addon, it does not change your homepage and only sets Qwant as your default search engine. https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/qwant-com/
The fact that you cannot revert your homepage is truly an issue and we've already asked Mozilla if the override of the homepage could be consensual, but as of today, if an extension wants to set the user's homepage, there is no other way than what we did, this is why we do provide another addon.
- by Firefox user 12924455, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5The search works well, but there is one serious flaw: the Qwant extension prohibits restoring the previous session in Firefox. It is very uncomfortable. It is a pity, but I will have to abandon Qwant. :-(
- by Firefox user 14181833, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'd prefer to have Qwant as primary search engine, but also forcing me to have Qwant as default start page is unwanted! Please add at least an option to disable it. Would make for another star.
- by Firefox user 13876667, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Enfin un moteur de recherche alternatif.
1) pouvoir modifier l'URL de page d’accueil, car on a qwant.com sans les préférences tant qu'on ne s'est pas connecté à qwant: donc premiere page toujours avec une actu si on ne la veut pas.
2) ne plus avoir des annonces bing ... quitter Google pour du Microsoft? à quoi bon?
- by Firefox user 13904046, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5How about the source code of this engine? I mean how can I trust someone who I do not know and just trust. For example if I use open source app I know that everyone who is expert can browse the code and tell others if there is something wrong. If we can not see the code we do not know if Qwant collects our data- IP etc. or not. It is just about they say they do not do this but how can I know? Regards, Pol.
- by Firefox user 13885206, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Il est dommage de ne pas pouvoir modifier l'url de la page par défaut. Souhaitant utiliser l'interface lite, j'aimerais définir https://lite.qwant.com/ et non la page imposée par l'extension.