- by Sergey Twersky, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Hi there! I have already written to your contact mail, but I will repeat the information here as well. For about a month, if I choose Russia as region in Qwant, the search does not show results, there is always "no results found". This problem is repeated in all popular browsers, including on a mobile device running an android, both with and without vpn, so I don't think it's a problem on my part. I like your search, so I hope you can fix it. :)
- by Lee The Bee, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5Decent results, but sadly this dictatorship add-on hijacks your home page, doesn't allow you to change it back (unless you disable the extension entirely) and the home page it links to actually takes quite a time to load.
I just wanted to use your search engine, but now I'll be going back to DuckDuckGo.
- by Naresh, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5This add-on takes over my privacy controls and does not allow me to disable those features. I simply want to set the search engine as default, not buy into an entire ecosystem. Sad.
- by Firefox user 12659227, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Directs new tab page to it's own choice and cannot be changed. I've uninstalled it for that reason, NO addon or software in general controls what I do with my PC. I found search results nowhere near as good as Google or DuckDuckGo (which makes similar privacy claims) and heavily USA biased, despite setting my own country.
The redirction of my home page was the final straw. I found the add-on from another page and didn't check the reviews here. I wish I had, I wouldn't have even considered installing it if I'd known about the hijacking of my homw page.
Note to developer - you can see how unpopular the hijhacking is, you would do well to change it because it's a liability and will sink you.
- by Firefox user 15188728, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5I installed this add-on to change my default search engine to Qwant, but it just obnoxiously changed my homepage, and did not allow me to change this setting. Without a checkbox in the extension for this and asking users if they want this feature or not, it's assuming too much, and that's just not nice.
- by Sanjay Aiyagari, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5Don't like the takeover of the homepage. However, upon uninstallation they give you the option of using Qwant Basic which is what I want.
It should the other way. Qwant Basic should be called "Qwant", and this one should be called "Qwant Extra" and be completely optional.
- by jDally987, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Do NOT like that it changes your home page to Qwant. Changing the default search engine is perfect and that's all that I want. Use this one instead ("Qwant Basic" add-on): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/qwant-com/