Rated 5 out of 5by Jack Bayer, 4 years ago
After Microsoft removed epub support from Edge, I was grieving until I met this top-notch add-on. Thank you developer. This is the best epub reader among all epub reader. Even much more better than what was on Microsoft Edge.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Cyberknight, 7 months agoNicely implemented interface for epub.js. It has a library for the E-Books (because it doesn't require any permissions to access user data and/or Internet, it cannot directly open the ePub from Pages, the books must be downloaded and opened from the extension's library.) It remembers where each book was open (although there's a bug, it goes back one page every time a book is open, until it reaches the beginning of the chapter.) It could be much better if it had a search tool (Ctrl+F works, of course, but just to find words in the currently viewed page, not in the entire book.) All in all, better than the most popular FF ePub viewers, at least, regarding resources and permissions.
- Rated 5 out of 5by 流浪气球, 3 years agowindows上最好用的免费epub阅读器了。唯一的小缺点是颜色设置的地方，没有给出文字提示三栏颜色分别控制哪里，以及如何自定义更换颜色。刚上手的人可能无法正确更换颜色。另外就是打开目录和关闭目录时，文本宽度能否保持不要改变。以及在窗体或目录开关时导致文本缩放时略微感觉卡顿。另外就是缩放时，控制条没有自动保持在可见范围。其他很完美了
- Rated 3 out of 5by Korwin, 3 years agoПлюсы: открывает локальные .epub в Mozilla Firefox 87.0b6 (64-bit). Минусы: нет описания дополнения на английском языке, нет режима инвертирования цветов; нет выбора гарнитуры; выбор цвета фона ни на что не влияет - тема остается светлой без возможности использовать ночную.
- Rated 1 out of 5by tensho, 4 years ago2021.05.16 added. It does not work with Firefox V88.0.1 and abnormally terminates Firefox. Please fix it as soon as possible.
QiuReader is the best application for epub books.
Please allow me to use four arrow keys to transit pages instead of mouse scroll.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Or, 4 years agoThe author of QiuReader has managed to make an exceptionally usable reader using existing libraries, with only a handful of minor issues.
It is light, fast, cosmetically nicer has intuitive controls and supports more expected functionality than "ePUB Reader" or "EPUBReader" (even allowing a mini library), while asking only for the most minimal permissions it can ( "Access browser tabs" ).
The performance and flexibility is largely is due to Futurepress' "epub.js" (https://github.com/futurepress/epub.js) , which does all of the heavy lifting.
Current issues as I see it are as follows:
- No page numbers.
- Changing settings or view format does not track your position (workaround this using bookmarks).
- The table of contents does nto track your progress
- Occasionally there seems to be lag in the page rendering, likely an epub.js issue.
- No RtL or vertical text support (the developer may be working on this but epub doesn't officially support it either).
I would like to see these things added in addition:
- TTS (text to speech) integration with the browser
- A document "map" alternative to the table of contents
- A navigable "progress bar" ala FBReader (could be an adoptation of the TOC)
- A user reported the TOC cannot be hidden, to do this, click the "hamburger" icon.
- I have had no issues with saved information or highlighting.
- I hope someone at Mozilla recognizes QiuReader for review as a Recommended Extension, it deserves that.