- Rated 5 out of 5by Giorgos, a month agoAwesome add-on.
auto backups, rich text editor,
compression and encryption. The firefox-sync feature is really smart and lets the user sync his notes across devices without the need of other cloud service.
Suggestions for more features:
1. Ability to create folders
2. Ability to autosave backups in custom locations
3. Search in notes
Developer responseposted 20 days agoThank you for the feedback!
I'm putting these suggestions on my todo list.
I'm a bit busy currently with my other extension but when I get back to this one, I'll try to implement the 1. and 3. (sadly the autosave to custom drive locations is not possible since addons doesn't have access to user drive).
Have a nice weekend :)
- Rated 5 out of 5by AmberTal3, a year agoThis is a great app. Unless you're the type of person whose password is "Password1", this is a super secure app and really easy to use, I use this extension on both Firefox and Chrome.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Woodword, 2 years agoThere is no "Find" or 'Replace' function
Developer responseposted 2 years agoHello,
Like search in all notes? That could be useful, I will put it on my todo list.
The replace is way to complicated to implement, I'm not sure I can do that.
The main feature of this addon is security (the E2E encryption and data backups), that's why I've build it, so text editing was not exactly a priority. That's why the limited features...
- Rated 5 out of 5by rickenbacker, 3 years agoI'm kinda impressed (after only 1h of usage :D), that might be best substitute so far, for recently disabled Firefox Notes, which I've really enjoyed using. Synchronisation between browsers works nice. Not sure why it has so low number of users. Keep up good work!
After a year, I'm still impressed, addon is wonderful!
Also I've found a minor bug, somehow one of my notes got locked (maybe I've clicked something by mistake), and I couldn't unlock it (all of my notes are unlocked without password), so finally I've imported one of older backups, when it was unlocked, but after few hours it got locked again and surprisingly now I have two locked notes (it has copied itself somehow, probably after import). Anyway, it would be nice to have possibility to delete separate notes, even they are locked (those two locked notes irritates me).
- Rated 5 out of 5by Bublu G, 3 years agoMy most useful add-on. Looking exactly for this and finally found it. Notes managing is so easy and UI, Text editor, Backup, Import/Export all that makes notes taking handy and useful. Recommended to everyone for daily use.
- Rated 5 out of 5by ïDDö, 3 years agoWell there is an issue with you add-on: I've installed it but i lost my password but it doesn't matter because there were nothing in my personal notes..So i deleted it and re-installed again to type a new password but i was suprised when Private Notes required me my lost password and yet I had removed the extension. :))loll so what's the problem ?? :) ..I can't re-install again this add-on cause ask me again and again my lost password..Seems weird :) Tks for answering ..
PS : Thanks for you fast workaround ..now it works ::) again ..By thw way..i love you add-on ..easy to use and thisone have a great potential ..Keep going :) ..
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
Yeah, this was pointed out just recently to me.
I will add some reset button that will clear everything because yes, reinstalling won't reset data, those are stored in Firefox Sync engine.
But there is a workaround:
1) open popup
2) right click anywhere and select "This frame" / "Open frame in new tab"
3) go to that tab and press "Ctrl + Shift K" (this will open console window)
4) write there:
5) and press Enter
That will reset all data including old password.
I will try to release an upgrade before the holiday that will add a proper reset button.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 12122370, 3 years agoGreat addon!
I suggest you make creating a new note automatically take you to the new note without asking for a name, and the note title can appear in a field at the top to allow edit the name.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHello,
Thanks for the feedback!
You are right, the note creation should be easier and the modal window for naming is not good.
I've created issue for it here:
I will try to look at this for the next release 3.2 but I'm not sure when exactly, there is a few important things I need to implement for my other addons and there is a holiday coming soon...
Have a nice rest of the weekend :)