- Rated 5 out of 5by Júnior Silva, 5 years agoI searched, searched and searched a lot for an extension with that purpose, I finally found, very good! Thank you for developing this extension!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14022299, 5 years agoThis is exactly what I need, unfortunately it's nearly useless because you cannot maximize the standalone window - it must be resized manually.
Developer responseposted 5 years agoSorry, It's an Firefox bug, see: https://github.com/ettoolong/PopupWindow/issues/6
- Rated 5 out of 5by scottobob, 5 years agoVery useful!
A few suggestions:
1.) Add a keyboard shortcut
2.) Add options for putting the popup on the left or right side of the screen -- not just in the corners. I use this extension most when I want to view web pages side-by-side, at full height.
3.) Express popup height/width options not in pixels but in fractions of a full screen. This would make the extension work consistently across monitors with different pixel resolutions, and across different machines.
- Rated 5 out of 5by maverick, 5 years agoWorks like a charm!
Would like to be able to maximize on Windows and to set automatic popups by URL
- Rated 4 out of 5by Adam, 5 years agoWhen watching YT videos (embeded) the picture freezes after sometime, until I hover cursor over it. Otherwise I love the add-on, just what I wanted.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13823631, 5 years agoGood addon; it does what it promises. What would be a great addition is a hotkey to pop-up/merge back the current tab (even better if customizable, but a fixed hotkey would be ok too). This should be helpful for power users who like a minimalist UI and don't want to touch the mouse at all if possible.
It is not perfect however; sometimes the popup window which is created cannot be maximized, and the merging back into the main window behaves weirdly when you have multiple normal browser windows open. This is probably not the developer's fault and somehow related to WebExtensions, but it would be nice if those kinks where ironed out in the future.
- Rated 5 out of 5by brain8891, 5 years agoIn my case, I need the popped out window to stay on top.
Edit: There is no way to bring back the popped up window to your tabs. I suggest to have a button on top right corner.
I use AutoHotKey to fix Stay on top issue:
I use this add-on to open videos and play them while browsing. I know there is Popup Video(WebExtension), but here is why I don't use it:
1- the video does not resume from where it was.
2- you can't go back to the tab and resume from where you stopped (currently I have the same issue with Popup Window too, but I hope that would be fixed.
3- it is not seamless, but i assume that is Mozilla fault too, though, I think if Popup video worked like popup window it would've been more seamless and can support more site. I zoom out to make the window smaller for Facebook videos, but that ruin my other Facebook tabs, so take that in mind.
I used the similar feature on Opera. Try it and see how amazing it is. Even when you popped out a video you will see it's playing on the main tab and on the popped video simultaneously, which I assume it is basically mirroring the video portion. it is seamlessly fast.
to sum it, popup window is better than Popup Video(WebExtension), and of course you need AutoHotKey for both of them, otherwise, it is pointless. oh, Popup Video(webExtension) is much much better than Min Vid... I think
Thanks for your hard work <3
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13750425, 5 years agogenau was ich gesucht habe. Endlich kann ich Videos in einem kleinem Fenster gucken, während ich im Internet surfe
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 13740631, 5 years agoWonderfull extension!! Bravo!! Please keep Updating it if possible!!
- Rated 5 out of 5by amon, 5 years agoThis wonderful extension is almost a replacement for Chrome's app windows: you can run webapps in their own window, as if they were a native app and not a browser tab. The pop-out window has none of the browser GUI (address bar, tab bar, bookmarks), just the plain content. I was searching for something like this for so long!
Remember to enable the "Tab menu item" so that you can move a tab directly to a popup window :)
While the extension is quite young, it already works very well. I've looked at the source code and it's all very reasonable. The only thing that could be improved is more locales (as of v0.0.4, only en and zh_TW are supported).
- Rated 5 out of 5by recycler.fox, 5 years agoGreat one, and some smart options here in contrast to similar addons.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Sulfer, 5 years agoThe idea is very good and that remember the position of the window is great. The problem is incompatible with some websites of movies : Netu dot tv , waaw dot tv , powervideo dot net and maybe more ... and one last thing, the full-screen button does not work and this happend in all pages